Argh, stupid! (lol)

Started by Art Blade, August 23, 2009, 05:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I was playing around a bit in Shwasana, night time. Everything business as usual, counting the mercs I sniped off or silently killed with my 6P9 (used that one again after a while and man, that pistol is accurate). I thought that if I didn't skip one, I missed one merc. So I went around on tiptoe around each house, inside, next house, inside... after a couple of minutes I didn't expect anyone to be alive any more, but I was about to complete that task of scouting every building.

In the house where the lone sniper resides, when he's alive that is, I was on the upper floor and just got inside. The room was dark, no one insi.... and I jumped up and nearly kicked my chair over: One silly merc, the last man standing, figured out how to climb a crate of sorts, so he was looking down at me when he opened fire. He gave me such a start! After I took the first couple of bullets with my jaws on the floor, I returned fire aimlessly and in sheer panic, but managed to off that guy. Incredible. I have no idea how he got up that fish trap or even that sideboard, probably a faulty spawn or whatever went wrong. I couldn't believe a game I know quite well managed to put me close to a cardiac arrest  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Good story!  I can say that nothing like that has happened to me yet - FC2 continues to surprise  :-X

mandru

Art that story is so funny because I've had the daylights startled out of me more times than I can count.

Just a few play throughs back I had an in game buzzing mosquito get right up inside my ear.

Without thinking about it I swatted at it and slapped my headphones right off and onto the floor. The embarrassing part of it was explaining to my wife who was sitting next to me, working at our long desk-for-two, what had happened.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

hahahahahahah!!!! Excellent!!!  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

That's really funny, mandru ;D ;D ;D

Virtual reality, huh? :)

retiredgord

mandru that is hilarious. I've often burst into laughter as I did some silly thing, got killed in some stupid way or blew up something or someone. Being retired sometimes is a bit of a letdown cuz I can't share that moment when I'm home alone. The moment comes and goes and anyone I try to explain it to just does not get it. We do and we're glad everyone shares these moments.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

lol, I think that we can all relate a similar story!  As a rule, I rise each morning typically several hours earlier than my wife.  Consequently, I fire up the PS3 while in bed (it's mounted on the wall so I have perfect line-of-sight with it  ;D ).  Ever so quietly, not to disturb her, I start in the game (I even set a morning light to automatically come on so that the TV screen flashes don't cause her to wake up) - man, I have it all rigged.  Unless of course, I round a corner and come face to face with an angry merc that I was not expecting - I think that you can probably imagine the outcome  ;D

fragger

Let me guess - in that case, you'd rather deal with the merc than the missus. At least you can defend yourself against the merc ;D

mmosu

That's quite a rig PZ - I'm nowhere that extravagant or thoughtful with my morning gaming  :-[

PZ

@ fragger - you got that right - no defense at all when a wife has this expression on her face  >:( (I love this emoticon)

@ mmosu - desperation is the mother of invention  ;D

Art Blade

how about seperate bedrooms?  ;D :D

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 15, 2009, 01:41:05 PM
how about seperate bedrooms?  ;D :D

Not even the remotest chance, my friend - in addition to being my mate, she's also my best friend.  ;)  - I play my games while I patiently wait for her to wake up - then I make a couple of lattes so we can enjoy an hour or so of the morning together before we ready ourselves to go out the door to w@&k (yuk... uttering that 4-letter word leaves a foul taste in my mouth)  ;D

Art Blade

I didn't even remotely mean it  :)

However, the thought of being in bed, comfy, and playing vid games is very tempting. I guess I'd never get out of bed then  ;D

PZ

Of course I know that  ;)

The good thing for me is that my w@&k schedule has eased up a bit, and I have the opportunity to game a little before I need to go in.   :-X

Art Blade

Pala, town mercs on war against me (I provoked it). I ran for cover and ended up in that garage with the AT there burning (blew it up shortly before).

The merc outside, between garage and the building, covering on the ground of that path there, lobbed in a hand grenade the same moment I lobbed a grenade through the same window at him. While I could back up out through the garage entrance, he had no real escape route, so the funny moment was when I had left my spot and turned around (ready to go back in), I watched him the moment he came flying through the window into the garage smacking his head on the wrecked AT. "Argh, stupid" LOL I had to bail out because I couldn't think straight any more, laughing ;D ;D ;D

mandru

Ha ha ha  :-X

You blew him into the garage through the window? That's pure gold.  ;D
- mandru

Art Blade

yeah, so funny  ;D Never seen a merc coming sailing through a window, looked really stylish the way he did it. Hands first, then head, like a jackknife dive forward through the window. And then, a full-blown faceplant onto the AT  ;D

By the way, just looked a merc in the eye and he went "Jesus, did you practice that stare in the mirror?" LOL

fragger

That's hilarious, Art ;D :-X Wish I could have seen it!

The nearest thing I've had to that was when I hurled a grenade in the direction of a merc hiding in dense bush. I couldn't see him but I knew he was there. He flew up out of the shrubbery right towards me and landed at my feet. Couldn't stop laughing ;D

Quote from: Art Blade on December 18, 2009, 01:34:09 PM
By the way, just looked a merc in the eye and he went "Jesus, did you practice that stare in the mirror?" LOL

Cool! ;D :-X :-X

I heard a new one (for me) the other day when I pointed my MP5 at a merc in Pala. His response was, "Tch! Another tosser who thinks he's John f**king Wayne"

Art Blade

lol, never heard that one before  :) :-X

mandru

Great Stuff.  :-X  ;D  :-X

Both of those merc quotes you guys posted are new to me.
- mandru

mmosu

How in the world are we still finding merc quotes that none of us have ever heard before?!!  It makes you wonder how many are really in there!

Art Blade

Now at reputation level 4, I get all kinds of funny lines. In Pala, I was staring down one merc...

merc#1: You're creeping me out a little, friend! I'm just gonna move along, yah?

...when another one came by, and now both teamed up:

merc#2: Weren't we meant to be somewhere?
merc#1: Yeah, we should probably go.

then I bumped into the second merc and he went,

merc#2: pardon, my fault, I'm sure, man! and the next time he said sorry, my fault.

when I was hiding in a building (garage, again) I heard the mercs outside go

"he's in there! Get him out!"
"what do we do? what do we do? "
"toss a grenade in!"
"that won't stop him!"

lol  ;D ;D

eor123

I can't recall the exact wording but it is something along the lines of:

"it's him! What do we do?!"

"What do you mean what do we do? Shoot him, you stupid sh*t.!"

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

yes, I've heard something like that quite often, always makes me grin  :)

mmosu

"That won't stop him!" - Ha, priceless!  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳