How to keep your shack warm

Started by fragger, August 20, 2009, 03:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

y'know, these shots kinda get me thinking, what's the biggest explosion/fire you can create at once in the normal game? Sure, you can create a map with 100,000 propane tanks in it, but what can you do with the supplies in the normal game? Since the small propane tanks are so touchy they don't like being kicked around too much, it's hard to stack them together, or get them into a vehicle (the devs missed the boat big time with that). But there are a few places where there are enough explosives around that you may possibly be able to get them close enough to each other to get a decent chain reaction going.

I'm talking using one IED or grenade to set the thing off, or shoot a tank and let it go from there. Have fun with that one...........
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

deadman1

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on September 23, 2009, 12:08:40 PM
y'know, these shots kinda get me thinking, what's the biggest explosion/fire you can create at once in the normal game? Sure, you can create a map with 100,000 propane tanks in it, but what can you do with the supplies in the normal game? Since the small propane tanks are so touchy they don't like being kicked around too much, it's hard to stack them together, or get them into a vehicle (the devs missed the boat big time with that). But there are a few places where there are enough explosives around that you may possibly be able to get them close enough to each other to get a decent chain reaction going.

I'm talking using one IED or grenade to set the thing off, or shoot a tank and let it go from there. Have fun with that one...........

I´d say the post office would be a likely candidate  ;)

Art Blade

yeah, weelegol and sefapane too  :) In sefapane I once managed to set the entire town on fire with one shot. The wind was helping me, but still :) There are welding tanks (yellow slim tubes) that whirl around setting everything on fire, yellow barrels, those tiny propane tanks and of course real explosives ammo and two flammables ammo stands..., red barrels... insane :) plus, two cars. At least the AT behind the HQ building with a yellow barrel next to it usually sets the explosives on fire, then the welding tank, which sets a propane tank and the flammable ammo at HQ on fire... from there the small propane tank across the street has a welding tank for comrade... I love Sefapane for it :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on September 23, 2009, 11:05:42 AM
The only shack that's actually mine is the armoury, and now I found a way to get the frost out
How did you do that?

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Something new to try! Think I'll save first though, if the bullet ammo cooks off it'd be like being inside a popcorn maker ;D
Ricochets! That's something I'd like to see modelled in a game!

Art Blade

hehe, ricochets will be modelled in OFP:DR.

And yes, setting the armoury alight does give you the impression of being in a popcorn maker and a microwave oven ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳