Keyboards...

Started by KillerZ, August 17, 2009, 05:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

You have so many good tips that are useful for many games that you might consider posting either a thread or an article as a sort of index that we can link to on the main page (in addition to your other index threads).  Lots of tips I recall you posting, but they are sometimes difficult to find through all the posts, particularly for new members sifting through 10,000 posts.  For instance your recent graphics applet tip and this one.  ::)

Art Blade

Thanks, PZ :) I'll think about it  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

After much consideration have finally ordered a Logitech G15 keyboard, only hope it handles as well as it looks :) . Would appreciate any opinions from OWG members on it if anyone has one. Cheers :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I have one, and I think that Art does as well.  I love the lighted keys when playing in relative darkness - the letters glow in a red/orange color that is easy on the eyes.

I also love the way you can program special gaming keys to do just about anything you want from single key presses to macros.  The last thing I really like is how the keys click when pressed.  They have a solid feel that speaks quality - kind of like the old original IBM keyboards on the old 8088s - not exactly that same feel, but quality in contrast to the cheesy MS keyboards I have at w@&k.

I don't think that you'll be disappointed.

RedRaven

Cheers PZ, it does look like a quality bit of kit.
Using an old keyboard from an office, its only redeeming feature is the keys can take a bit of hammer, almost feels like using my old type writer (from back in the day!). :)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Quote from: RedRaven on December 03, 2009, 03:23:51 AM
After much consideration have finally ordered a Logitech G15 keyboard, only hope it handles as well as it looks :) . Would appreciate any opinions from OWG members on it if anyone has one. Cheers :-X

Congrats on the new keyboard, welcome to the club :)

The funny thing is, if you read up only a few posts, you'll notice you're posting in the exact topic where DKM2, me, KillerZ and PZ were marvelling at our LG 15s :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I thought I saw something about keyboards somewhere in OWG ancient history!  ;D

Art Blade

Hehe, yeah, it's a big forum and there are many topics... only this time it was funny because it's like stepping around in a maze and accidently finding the tresure hidden in the centre, and then asking where the treasure was.  :)

RedRaven

Had read all previous posts :) ,  but as they were from a few months ago I wanted to know how they hold up after some hard core game action, dont mind paying a little for a basic keyboard knowing I may well of killed it within a couple of months but the G15 is more than just a basic keyboard.

Been too many instances of friends & myself buying interface tech that died a sudden death (usually shortly after warranty expired).

Didnt want to get my hopes up only to find they fall apart or LCD stops working etc.

PZ

Nothing but glowing comments from me due to my experience with the G15  :-X

Art Blade

It is still the same as it was when I got it. Everything glowing and working, I love it  :-X

RedRaven

why oh why oh why did I not get one sooner, its fantastic ;D . Been using it for a couple of days now, think I'm in love ;)

Art Blade

hehehe, I guess we (other G15 users) know exactly what you mean  :)

PZ

Sure do - I've several key layouts that I can play with.

Tags:
🡱 🡳