Weapons choice

Started by retiredgord, March 23, 2009, 05:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

great loadout! when you need a change, try IEDs,MGL+Dart or instead of dart, flamethrower  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

MGL-140 + Flare Gun + Flamethrowers is insane... I'll do it tonight  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Foghorn Leghorn

I was actually mulling over going with the Arsonist loadout as well.  Let us know how it works out, JRD!  :-X

Art Blade

one thing I can tell you about it is... you wish you had an automatic gun with you when you get into a situation with mercs surrounding you. Even a Pistol sounds like heaven then. The true arsonist loadout works best with stealth and distance. that's when you replace the MGL with MP5  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: Foghorn Leghorn on June 10, 2009, 04:44:49 AM
I was actually mulling over going with the Arsonist loadout as well.  Let us know how it works out, JRD!  :-X

Actually, I was just fooling around with MGL-140 + Flare Gun + Flamethrowers. Couldn't do any missions with that loadout, the self inflicted damage is nasty, and as Art just said, when you find yourself surrounded, even a Makarov is heaven... I had to pick one from a gentle dead merc to escape a GP... barely did it and lost my flare gun  :(

Art Blade

When I read the first previews and saw the first pics of FC2, I thought OMG, a flamethrower! But that thing is actually one of two weapons I almost never use... the other one being the mortar.

JRD

If it only had a better range... but you have to be on top of someone or an ATP to torch him / it and before you know you got yourself surrounded by your own flames  :P

Art Blade

I run out of whatever it is that is in the tank of it, really, when I get started I run dry too fast  ;) So I have fun for a couple of seconds and then... hard to get, those fuel insta-packs to reload it.

JRD

Beginning my 3rd playthrough and decided to use a loadout I never used before: shotguns.
Usually, shotguns are very effective within closed environments, which FC2 lacks ;D so I never used one more than a trial shooting outside Mike's.
So I got the Homeland 37.... man, I gotta tell you one thing A HELL OF A HORSEKICK that gun is  ;D ;D
I did one thing I never did before... put a merc down with one square shot in the chest... one single shot in close range kills a merc.... I always wanted a gun that powerful in FC2  :) .... and its a pump action gun, which is great, I love the sound it makes  ;D ;D
At mid range its very powerful too but might take a couple shots to down a merc... at long range it sucks, obviously... that's when the dart rifle wispers  ;)
Also, since I always used a PKM/SAW... never worried about ammo, now things have changed and it got more challenging  ;)
Just bought the SPAS now and was using the USAS12 found on a safehouse, but I think I'll be back on the pump action for fun  ;D

So, my new loadout is

Shotgun + star.45/6P9/Flare + Dart rifle

deadman1

I have just started to use the silenced MP5 and I like it! It´s so much easier to get the silent headshot with it than the 6p9, so my current load out is:
Colt 45/deagle, AR-16/silent MP5 and Dart. I´ll think I´ll try the shotguns the next time  ;)

Art Blade

:) I used the Homeland once for a war I started in Pala. Loud and ugly = fun  ;D The SPAS is also mind-blowing (for those mercs, that is).

The most fun I had was using the USAS with UnlimitedAammo + Reliability cheats. Otherwise it eats through your ammo stock like a piranha through a steak and falls apart as quickly as a Chinese Rolex  ;D

PZ

I'm like deadman, using the MP5 for a while now, with the flare gun as secondary and the dart, of course.  It's fun to start fires silently with the MP5 and/or the flare gun.  In fact, my favorite method now is to start some kind of fire that spreads via the local flammables so that I get as many mercs as possible before I use the lead.  The challenge of course, is to get everyone with just the fires.

JRD

Quote from: PZ on June 16, 2009, 09:15:14 PM
The challenge of course, is to get everyone with just the fires.
Which is something you can do at PetroSahel without much effort  ;D ;D

Same goes to a Josip's buddy mission where you have to blow a large propane tank there. just ingnite some barrels and let the fire spread... in no time you get a "Mission Complete" message  ;)

Art Blade

this springs to mind:
;D
[smg id=698]

PZ

That's a great photo - PetroSahel is one of my favorite places to visit, and in fact, I just did the Josip mission this morning - hit the large tank with one round to start a flame spurting from the side - a merc ran right into it... quite a sight!

RedRaven

after playing alot with the Dragunov decided to take the oppsite approach now, running them down in what ever vehicle i'm in, then jump out and stick it to them with the Machete or pistols , and grenades / molotovs against any cars or structures they try to use. good to be brutal sometimes ;D ;D ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

heh, I keep carrying IEDs lately, since I try hard to start merc wars with it. The rest is as usual... MP5+Dart

retiredgord

Gee what a cruel bunch of people.  I'D NEVER DO ANYTHING THAT MEAN.   (snicker snicker) ;D ;D
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

KingRat

UZI 4U

Need that license plate on my AT.... :)

Do you need a hint what movie that's from?

Art Blade

yes, please... my first guess was "Shottas" but that's probably a far cry  ;)

KingRat

PZ

lol, I nearly forgot about that movie - Tremors series - I kind of feel like Bert many times when I play FC2!   :-X.

KingRat

Quote from: PZ on June 30, 2009, 07:25:05 PM
lol, I nearly forgot about that movie - Tremors series - I kind of feel like Bert many times when I play FC2!   :-X.

Exactly! I watched the first one again last night. The scene with Burt & Heather in the armory grabbing guns off the wall and shooting like crazy as the 'graboid' sp? was breaking in.... ;D

PZ

You remember the one where Bert has that .50 sniper rifle?  I wonder if that was an AS50.  I recall that he shot one of the little graboids - the bullet went through it's body (disintegrated it actually), then through a concrete block wall, and then through the engine block of the car that they wanted to escape in.

KingRat

Quote from: PZ on June 30, 2009, 07:56:27 PM
You remember the one where Bert has that .50 sniper rifle?  I wonder if that was an AS50.  I recall that he shot one of the little graboids - the bullet went through it's body (disintegrated it actually), then through a concrete block wall, and then through the engine block of the car that they wanted to escape in.

Tremors II, yeah I remember that. It was probably a Barrett M82A1....The movie is older than the AS50  :)

Good resource if you want to check your weapons >> http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn02-e.htm

Tags:
🡱 🡳