APR Tanker go boom

Started by retiredgord, August 08, 2009, 06:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

BORING!!!! Just hangin' about after collecting some more diamonds brings back the memories of some successful missions. I gotta go find me some action.
     Off to the APR for the first mission with the bozo bunch. The mission is to be to blow up a truck of  Nitrous Oxide that is over at the Dental Clinic. This would throw a HUGE monkey wrench into their works. Sounds fairly easy, I just get close and throw a rocket that way. EASY.NOT.  Nummy Nasreen phones and asked that I help her out by going to the Post Office, score a package that contains a distributer cap and fixing said truck and deliver it to her working place. Why you ask?? Apparently she's gonna blow it and the garage up. That's one helluva way to say "I Quit'!
      Oh well, I've seen worse-I think. I gotta go and get me over nearer the target area.
A quick ride in the Jeep gets me up to a safe house on a dead-end north-west of town for a brief rest.
       When I awaken I check my load-out of Duke, McMac and Carl G. I . I load up, health up and start a walk over towards the Post Office area, planning to come in from the East and trying to avoid the road patrols in the area. One happens along just before reaching my recon spot and I haggle over possession of their vehicle. Me one, they no score. Just over the hill a rock ledge gives me a good recon spot and I check to see what and where the opposition is wandering. They do get bored. That's about to change.  From my advantage point I see 2 or 3 walking near a very nice large propane tank that just happen to shout "SHOOT ME..SHOOT ME" I feel obliged and send a rocket towards it making such a pretty explosion. Well that takes out two but has woken up the populace. They are running here and there and some other places. Duke comes out and has a coughing spell stopping some of them DEAD in their tracks. Others are trying to see where the shots are coming from and two finally clue into my whereabouts.
     They are welcomed by Duke and they seem to all lay still. Things seem quiet so I take advantage and sneak down the right side to the windmill tower. From there it seems to be no one between me and the package, so in I go, scoop it up and head back out the door.
Two nosey guys see me and I remove the noses and part of the skull underneath with McMac. The coast seems to be clear.  Off up the hill and hop into the truck to boogey back to the safe house on the east side of the big rocks near the river for a brief rest of about an hour.
     Having ammoed and healthed up and exchanged Carl for Peter as I didn't want any stray round ruining a great day. With that business in order it's off I go but I'm walking to see if I can get a diamond or two near here. Down to the river I go and somewhere near the bank my finder starts a beepin' and I home in on one. I keep to the river bank and go under the bridge avoiding the guard post there. I walk along and spot a fire on a small island. This raised my suspicions and I swim out and find another diamond. Great, a two-fer. That's a satisfactory feeling and I keep close to the rocks in order to gain access to the area via the  path  behind the Underground house. I make it safely and start thru the path.
     Just in I run into a guard on patrol and send him into a long dirt nap. I continue thru and try to make cover of  a building just inside when I'm spotted by a sharp-eyed sniper on the far side. The shooting alerts the other bozos and I start an uneven firefight-them against me. Two or three start running to my position and I throw some rounds from Duke at them. And they expired. A quick switch to Peter takes down two more before the others are getting too close for my comfort. I toss a cocktail towards them- I thought it was a 'nade- but it does an effective job of  stopping one who starts the Hot Tamale Dance step. He drops and a fire starts consuming him and his idiot friend who happens to run INTO the flames. With those guys outta my way I can get down to serious stuff.
However the serious stuff comes in the form of a MALARIA attack. Damn. It's over so it's history.
     Two more have snuck up while I was busy judging the dance competition and Peter speaks several times to both. Then I have to drop back a bit to cover my six and check the area. Another guard is coming over to check his friends and he joins them. Things are now quiet.
     I sneak up and around the truck, fix it and get ready to roll. The phone rings and Nasreen says to get there as quick as I can. She must be in a hurry to turn in her termination papers. As I drive up the road I remember to stop the truck a little ways back so I don't have it light up under me by a stray round. I snipe several of the inhabitants at the guard post and a few that tries to get to my position.  Hey it's my "buddy"-Malaria again. When all is quiet I hit the road driving up the North-south road into Sefapane where Nasreen is working. I drive carefully around to the entrance ignoring the snide remarks of "Does he know what's he's doing" and  "What's he doing?'. It'll all be revealed shortly pal.
     I enter the garage, park the truck and when asked to open the valve on the big tank I do so like the puppy-dog I am. When that's done Nasreen informs me I should get the H outta here as this is gonna be big. She has rigged the electrical panel to create the spark to blow everything up. I obey again and run back towards the hill by the bridge into town.  BOOOOM!!!!  BLAAAAM!!! The sky is filled with a beautiful orange-red and black smoke from the used-to-be garage. That starts any guards alive a shootin' and I down two that are near. I run back to the hill to watch. From the hill  I listen to the gunfire and enjoy the show but Nasreen now NEEDS me to help her out. I run back into town and shoot a couple of guards hanging' around her giving her unwanted advances. They are finished and the mission is complete.
     Whooo whooo this another for the journal pages.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

You're getting better every time, Gord :) :-X

Pssst peeps... I'm thinking of how it would make a difference if we could listen to Gord telling that story himself. Like, sitting around a campfire, a chilled beer at hand, a mild summer night, Gord telling his merc stories... Something like the overture in "John Carpenter's The Fog" (1980)...

hehe
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

KingRat

Another good one Gord :-X Thanks for the entertaining read :)

fragger

:-X :-X Great read as always, Gord!

PZ

lol, I can imagine the "Dick Tracy" style in his voice!  :-X

KillerZ

I hate to be the "that guy" but Gord, do you think you could introduce me to your crew?  Obviously I know Carl and McMac, but who are the other repeat offenders in your crew, Duke and Peter and so on?

retiredgord

Well KillerZ my crew are my self-named weapons. I was kinda bored doing some uninteresting stories and thought..go for the gusto. I named them. Duke is the Dragunov sniper..a fine right hand crew member.  Peter, the very talkative one is part of PKM-Peter Kills Mercs. Mc Mac is the Mac10, Machete is just Machete, SBD (Silent But Deadly..and don't go there Art  lol)) is the 6P9 silent Makarov. Sometimes I remember to call all of them other times they are just my favourite load-out of Duke, Peter and McMac.

Art Blade

Quote from: retiredgord on August 10, 2009, 05:36:44 AMSBD (Silent But Deadly..and don't go there Art  lol))

Note to self: How the heck did he know I was just sparking an idea...
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Hey be careful of sparks around gases..they might ignite  lol

Art Blade

Hmm, hard to scrape that stuff off the walls if you can't make other people believe it was a new "action painting" wall paper... good advice, gord  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳