Mods to consider

Started by PZ, July 28, 2009, 11:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Its like an Opticians prescription but for ARMA 2 not Eye-Balls.
  check out this one - tried it myself with no other mods Active and these are what it did on my system.

AFTER
[smg id=1238]

and look toward top left quarter on these 2

B2
[smg id=1239]

A2
[smg id=1240]

Reckon thats pretty damned good from 50 kb of files. the guy is still working on it but i was startled mostly by the difference in 3rd & 4th image - 3rd just has roads but most buildings there in 4th (startrd to get dark in game too)

any way, i'm impressed by anything that simple that makes it look EVEN better and will keep track of the guys improvements :)

EDIT - sorry guys, forgot to say, game running at 1400x900x32,
using lost key to set distance to 3000.

Game Graphics settings = Texture/Terrain/Objects/Quality pref all at very high, other 4 things disabled. :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Great one dke - and that 4th image looks like the spotter's position when you're supposed to laser target the objects for artillery strike in Amphibious Assault.  :-X

RedRaven

1st 2 are from top of the ruined castle (what a great building)
2nd two from Pik Kozlova, @012008. looking west at Chernogorsk from across the bay, really enjoying getting as high as possible and maxing out the graphics to see how good it gets. not done that mission btw. spend nearly all time in armoury ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

CAA1 Project - ARMA1 maps in ARMA2

Finally officially released, this huge download gives you the ARMA1 maps to use for mission development in ARMA2.  It is said that you can even play some ARMA1 missions designed for these maps.

CAA1 Project download link

PZ

The OAC Core

What is the OAC core addon?

The OAC core is an addon to make OFP and ArmA I missions playable in ArmA II without modifications.
It also makes ArmA I community addons as well as CAA1 playable in ArmA II.

OAC Core download and information link

PZ

ArmA2 SLX Mod - v1.2

Description:
This mod is made to enhance the gameplay, make the AI smarter, effects better and add's some new gameplay features as well. Solus has been working on this mod for over a year and before that he allready made some awesome stuff for OFP which is all used and enhanced for the release.

This also is made for both SP as MP but is mostly tested in an SP or LAN environment and as was shown with the SLX_Vehicles release, there might be some errors in that area.

This means, battle's take longer. There will be more injured than died units. AI uses more tactics like suppressive fire, flanking and bounding overwatch. AI will not allways shoot at your direct position but will lay down some serious hell at your surroundings.

ArmA2 SLX Mod Download link

RedRaven

i can highly recommend this site

http://www.projectracs.armaholic.eu/load.html

it contains too many mods to list here, ranging from Mirage aircraft, a wide selection of infantry, armoured cars and even a Frigate. my personal favorite is the M109A3 self propelled gun ;D .
NICE. . . . .

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on August 27, 2009, 11:57:33 AMwill lay down some serious hell at your surroundings.

LOL wow  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

M109A3 in Action :-X :-X

[smg id=1295 type=av]

(its as close as i've managed to find to the AS90!)

Art Blade

nice :) I like the reload-sounds inside that tank  :-X

RedRaven

you confused me for a moment there Art!. thats exactly what PZ said about the Tank vs Chopper vids. (didnt know if it was some kind of premonition or Dejavu)
alot of the mechanical sounds are alot better with the Elias sound mod, alot more dynamic sounds that really add to the feel of it all. :-X

JRD

When I was a kid I remember spending the whole saturday puting a G.I Joe base together... and in the end, Cobra atacking the base and bringing all to the ground...

dke58 is doing the same, but on virtual reality  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Yeah, I remember G.I.Joe!

You're becoming quite proficient with those large guns dke  :-X

PZ

Enable Vapor Trails

Quote Cole:
This AddOn enables the vapor trails script for aircraft, which is in your game by default, just not activated.
Yes, it can be done via ingame scripting too, but this AddOn is made for those who don't know how to enable it ingame, are too lazy or want to have the vapor trails in a mission without actually editing the mission files.

Enable Vapor Trails Download

RedRaven

Quote from: JRD on August 27, 2009, 04:18:33 PM
When I was a kid I remember spending the whole saturday puting a G.I Joe base together... and in the end, Cobra atacking the base and bringing all to the ground...

i can remember doing just that ;D , its even better not having to pick up all those bits, now its all gone at the click of a button or two :-X

but over here it was called Action Force (still had Cobra tho ;D )

Art Blade

I only had Action Jim with an M4 (I think) and a deep-sea diving suit with a helmet like JRD's old avatar :)

PZ

JTD Fire And Smoke

Quote DMarkwick :
I will be making the smoke more variable this time around I think. Less volume, more variance. So each source will have timed random variable settings like particle rate, wind affectedness, and initial velocity. This should mean that the smoke has different looks and shapes, more like how it should look for random burning of vehicles.

As a result of the aesthetic considerations, the viewblock will probably be restricted to the area around the beginning of the smoke, and for the first part of it's climb. Please take into consideration that this is a WIP update, that might change

The main limitation I'm coming up against is the dreaded particle scaling bug, where large particles can only be rendered up to a certain size onscreen, after which they are only drawn at one size. This means that zooming in or moving close makes the smoke effects look a little dumb sometimes. As a result, I'm tweaking the effect for mid-far distances.

JTD Fire And Smoke Info link

PZ

Driving AI Fix

Quote Sakura_Chan :
Ok folks, this is something I started today, and I'm going to release it as an open test to the community because of the great success I've had with it. Vehicles should now have much improved path finding skills, especially in a situation where they have to turn around in a narrow street or within a forest road. Basically I tweaked the AI driving variables to the point that vehicles are able to turn more accurately, with fewer back and forth motions. The bigger trucks had a ridiculous and unrealistic turn radius making them hit everything. This has been corrected. I was able to get AI to drive for what could be called a boring amount of time, without crashing or getting stuck on fences and streetlamps.

Driving AI fix Download link

PZ

ArmA2 version of VFAI

Quote Victor Farbau :
VFAI consists of 3 independent addons:

• VFAI_Equipment: It enables units to independently equip themselves with weapons and ammo from dead bodys. Further information and details included in the readme file. I advise you to read the readme file - it might explain some behaviour you wonder about. Installation: read the readme file (it is easy).
  • VFAI_Smokeshell: It will cause units to throw smokeshells whenever they're hit. They will try to throw smoke into the direction of the gunner to block his view. More details in the included readme file. Installation: read the readme file (it is easy). All units will then be equipped with 1 smokeshell and will know when to use it.
  • VFAI Control Panel: Using this control panel addon you will be able to switch VFAI addons on and off in the middle of the game.

ArmA2 version of VFAI Download link

RedRaven

fire and smoke ;D ;D ;D .cheers PZ.
  also out at long last is the UKF weapons :-X
[/]
[]http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2030

Included files:
UKF_L96A1.pbo
UKF_LMGSUSAT.pbo,
ukf_sidearms.pbo,
UKF_SLMG.pbo,
ukf_ukweps.pbo,
ukf_ukweps_CFG.pbo,

(by STALKERGB & Stemack)

should be good, and goes nicely with
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6943

British Royal Marine Commandos Ported from Arma 1.
by STALKERGB & Stemack

and these too...
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7106

- Normal troops
- Scrim camoed troops
- Medic and EOD

by COUGAR

(just need some UK Armour now ;D )[/]
[][/]

PZ

Although the complete mod is not finished, you can download a preview version - the screen captures look really good.

Great find on those other mods!  :-X

RedRaven

have just pulled down a selection of the A1 Naval warfare mods (well, i say a selection, think its all except the Life-boats that have been sorted for A2 :-X ) and tested them all 'as they stand'

Most will put the ship into the Armoury and will load up, but the ANWM_weapons addon which is required by them does not transfer from A1 to A2 quite as easily, so currently looking into how to go about making necesary alterations to get them working.
If any of you out there in OWG land have any clues/hints/abilities please raise your hand!
i'm sort of treading water (if you'll forgive the terrible pun)

And as a side note it doesnt matter what you throw at the U.S.S. Khe Sanh (i call it the Ghost ship ;D )

it just will not sink :(

which is a bit annoying!

NAVAL WARFARE ADDONS

http://www.anwm.armaholic.eu/

cheers :-X

PZ

You got me there partner - I can use 'em but I can't fix 'em!

RedRaven

Ships Ahoy ! have found this addon amongst the Armaholic files for Arma1, but it works really well  in A2 as is (apart from a brief moment of oddness when first selecting each Ship in the Armoury to test them it decided to spawn me as an old woman with a bad back, in the middle of USS Khe Sanh of all places - and it was deserted as usual! must be a ghost ship with little casper-like planes coming to land when no-one is looking :) )
Anyway, seeing as hobbling along with a bad back is no fun, hit the escape key, re-selected the same ship and Hey-Presto, worked fine, better than the ones frim the link in the earlier post. textures are nothing special, but all weapons worked, can switch between crew positions by scrolling - but you dont actually get to see any crew. some nasty anti-aircraft missiles onboard too. oh and one of them is a mine layer too, which looks promising.
Here is the link, check it out for yourselves and have a bit of naval nonsense at your disposal.
;D enjoy ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳