Red Dead Redemption

Started by spaceboy, March 22, 2009, 11:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eor123

Speaking of horses...

My wife is an accomplished horse rider and fanatic. She watched a few minutes of my gameplay and commented that the developers did an outstanding job with the horses -- something about hooves turning while running, foot falls, and lead changes in response to the rider's input. Things that horse people know about.

She was even coaching me when I was trying to round up the cattle and took great pleasure in seeing me get bucked off. 

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

tehsam016

It's even more fun going on rampages in Free Roam since there's no honor system and you get xp for it too :). The only rampage i've really gone on in SP is shooting everybody at a poker table after i busted out lol.

eor123

Just ran across this video on youtube.

Nice paring of music and video.

[smg id=2390 type=av]
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

Ah, crap. "This video contains content from CNET. It is no longer available in your country."  :D  >:( :D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

I'm sorry.

I wasn't aware that Germany had declared war on CNET, or visa versa.

:-*

;D

ninzza

Quote from: eor123 on May 22, 2010, 10:05:47 AM
Just ran across this video on youtube.

Nice paring of music and video.

[smg id=2390 type=av]

Nice music.  :-X

Lassoing and breaking the wild horses are really fun, maybe even more fun than shooting.
The characters, the dialogues are interesting, and voice acting is excellent.

When I was riding, I saw a woman got attacked by 2 cougars I  shot the beasts but it's too late, the woman was dead. I walked to the cougars to skinned them suddenly John got attacked by something. I was like "WTF ? Dead cougars still can attack me ?" But it turned out I got bitten by a rattlesnake who ambushed in the bush. Of course I shot it and skinned it .

Art Blade

Quote from: eor123 on May 22, 2010, 12:47:44 PM
I'm sorry.

I wasn't aware that Germany had declared war on CNET, or visa versa.

:-*

;D

;D

I think something is going terribly wrong in my country, because I keep seeing warnings like those.  :-\ ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

I have gotten into trouble trying to rescue women from predators. I killed the the predators but apparently hit the women in the process. They didn't die and ran away screaming. The next thing I knew, I had a bounty on my head and deputies coming after me.

Think I'll leave them for food next time.

...and I'm still having trouble with the damn lasso.  :D

batdog

Yeah I'm finding the lasso a bit tricky.  As soon as I think I've got caught someone or something they immediately get free.  Maybe as someone suggested I'm still holding the targeting trigger.

I've managed to leave my four year old to play with this without any violence.  He just likes walking around Armadillo whistling for his horse.  I've so far dodged his questions about the partially clothed women hanging around the saloon.  However, he has managed to pull off a great stunt though.  He'd climbed the water tower at Armadillo train station.  He whistled for his horse which climbed onto the platform below the water tower.  He then jumped off the water tower and landed right in the saddle of his horse!

Art Blade

children haven't got any respect, have they  ;D  :-X

tehsam016

Oh man the bears are viscous though. I just recently was hunting around in tall trees and i noticed a man who needed help to rescue his wife from some bandits. So on my way to rescue his wife i guess a bear noticed me and started chasing me into the camp where the guys wife was captive. After killing the bandits and shooting the rope the wife was hanging by, i suddenly get knocked off my horse by a bear. As i hit the ground i noticed the same bear rearing towards the now free victim and he quickly kills her. I of course got up as quickly as possible, ran away a little bit, and got revenge by shooting and skinning said bear, and went on to kill about 8 more bears after the ordeal to send a message to the bear legion :P.

Art Blade

LOL ;D Sounds like the wildlife is wilder than the boys out there  :)

tehsam016

Pretty much, the cougars can be pretty lethal too. I was minding my own business while riding around in the tall tree area again, when out of nowhere a cougar jumps out of some bushes killing me with one hit lol.

eor123

Cougar got me and my horse last night.

I heard it before it struck but didn't have time to shoot it before it was right on top of me.

Art Blade

Anyone out there currently developing a cougar-repelling aftershave might get rich in no time  ;)

tehsam016

Lol^ I know right? I'm pretty sure you can hogtie people and animals will go after em if you lay them down in front of a pack of wolves or something to that extent =P.

eor123

Speaking of horses...again....

Last night  Marsten completed a mission in which he searched out and returned a man's lost love. He referred to it as a mercy mission.

He was somewhat surprised when he learned that the lost love wasn't a woman, but a horse.

I think the mission is called "Who am I to judge?

Some of the themes in RDR are quite dark...

Cannibals eating missing children.

A senile woman waiting for her long dead husband to return to a burned out homestead.

An ill woman laying alone in the desert waiting for God to save her.

Women being hanged. Last night I rescued a Sheriff being held captive in Tumbleweed. There was a prostitute hanging in the town. I stopped in the middle of a firefight and got her down.

The animal skinning cut scenes are getting pretty old. I avoid shooting animals now because I'm tired of having to sit through them. Unfortunately there is no way to bypass the cut scene.

All this darkness is starting to give me an unfavorable impression of the game. This perspective must be an artifact of the "Grand Theft Auto" franchise. I quit playing RDR and went back to JC2 for a while. 

Yes...I know it seems hypocritical of me, given my recent rampage in in Armadillo. But that was my choice. Dealing with the other things are required if I want to fully complete the game.

Art Blade

I can understand that choice, Eeyore. FC2 and I think JC2 are what you need to cheer yourself up a bit... "FRANK HIM!"  ;)

eor123

One funny thing I have done in RDR is accidentally pushing the L2 button when getting on and trying to turn the horse around. That is the reverse/ brake control for vehicles in JC2.

That draws your weapon in RDR and can cause a lot of problems. I instantly failed a mission after accidentally drawing down on a guy who just asked me to find his missing wife. In the end it didn't matter as she had been eaten by the cannibal. 

Art Blade

I wonder what cannibals taste like...  ::) :P

tehsam016

IMO the animal skinning cut scenes are sort of necessary. Especially since it's so easy to take down mostly all the animals in the first place. Just adds a bit more realism i think.

eor123

Quote from: Art Blade on May 23, 2010, 04:08:55 PM
I wonder what cannibals taste like...  ::) :P

A lot like the people they eat, I suppose.  ;D

fragger

During the gold rush days in northern Australia, solitary or small groups of white miners were hunted by warlike Aboriginal cannibals. Later, when thousands of Chinese miners poured in, the Aboriginals went after them instead because they claimed they tasted better - true story.

So when these Aborigines went out for Chinese, they really meant it. But I've often wondered - if you eat a Chinese person, do you get hungry again an hour later?

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on May 24, 2010, 02:07:41 AM
... went out for Chinese, they really meant it.

- "Oi mate, I'm hungry. Shall we eat out?"
- "Alright, what do you prefer: Chinese, Spanish, Indonesian..?"

LOL ;D

spaceboy

great story (and joke) fragger.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Tags:
🡱 🡳