Red Dead Redemption

Started by spaceboy, March 22, 2009, 11:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Wow, this is going to be a revolutionary game.  Kind of like FC2 but much more advanced in nature.  I like the concept of the "organic" environment - hundreds of characters each with their unique personalities.

It also looks like there is a form of V.A.T.S. like in FO3, and I am excited about the "honor system" - sounds quite sophisticated.

mmosu

Thanks for the links Space, RDR just shot to the top of my list for summer (after about my 4th or 5th playthrough of GOW3 of course  ;))

PZ

Cool avatar, mmosu - is that a bottle label?

mmosu

No, it's actually a Borderlands reference - Jakobs is one of the weapons makers in the game, and the quote at the bottom is one of their slogans.  Art asked the same question and got a longer explanation than he was looking for in my God of War 3 thread.  But now I can totally see how it looks like it might be a bottle label too.  ;)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

"If it took more than one shot, then you weren't drinking Jakobs"  ;D

Art Blade

In Germany we have a coffee brand called Jakobs.

"Oi, give us a shot of that, please!"  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

It reminded me of a whiskey we have in the States called Jack Daniels.  ;D

mmosu

OMG, it does!

[smg id=2080 align=center]

[smg id=2081 align=center]

"Jakob's - Old Time Quality Tennessee Firepower"

mmosu

How about this?

[smg id=2085 align=center]

Art Blade

Hahaha! Nice! Shame it would be too small when using it as your actual avatar.

PZ

Quote from: mmosu on March 15, 2010, 07:05:25 AM
How about this?

[smg id=2085 align=center]

lol, good one  :-X

spaceboy

you're a bunch of lushes... ;)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

RedRaven

Quote from: spaceboy on March 15, 2010, 09:05:11 AM
you're a bunch of lushes... ;)

Not me, I'm on the wagon (though not by choice :( )
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

I'm on the wagon, too, but by free choice.

spaceboy

Being the Red Dead Redemption thread - I guess I'll liken my wagon status to the old west.  I'm more or less on the wagon all week long, but when the rebels and outlaws come by (weekends) I need to get off that wagon and knock a few back  ;)

mmosu

Honestly, I don't even drink!  ???

Art Blade

aw, mate. You should drink. At least coffee, perhaps water or milk.  ;D

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on March 15, 2010, 04:10:22 PM
I'm on the wagon, too, but by free choice.

You guys are funny - all this talk about "wagons" in a thread about a western-themed video game  ;D

Art Blade

hehe, want to give it a shot, too?  ;D

PZ

lol, not me - I'm not that punny!  ;D

ninzza

spaceboy

tomorrow its time to get Old School!!  :P

eor123

The wife bought me a copy for an early Fathers' Day.

I'll start it as soon as a finish the second playthrough of JC2. 
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

spaceboy

played a bit tonight.  the controls are a bit hard to get used to but I'm told they're similar to GTA IV.   Got settled into a bit of the single player, it's a bit slow to start, a lot of video but it's fun to watch and get into the mood - reminded me of the cab ride in the beginning of FC2.  I also stepped into free roam multiplayer for a bit. 

I started off alone at a ranch then some dude appeared on my map.  I cautiously headed over there not knowing if he was going to shoot or be nice lol.  We sized each other up (he did not have a mic I don't know if he could hear me though) and we both stole some horses and headed out (after I shot a couple chickens).  We came across a group down in a huge valley guarding some crates.  We took them out from the high ground, but didn't know how to get down without killing ourselves,  we got ambushed from the back but got that guy.  Then there was a connection error.  Time for bed anyways.  A cool part of the MP free roam is there are NPCs all over too.  I did not go into a formal MP match though.  I added the cat to my friends list as he was cool to roam around and shoot with.  I liked that he didn't just shoot me in the beginning.  :P

All in all, it seems like it will be a lot of hours of game time and I will really get into both SP and MP.

Tags:
🡱 🡳