Recording my 2nd FarCry 2 Playthrough... Thoughts/Ideas

Started by Mechsican, July 24, 2009, 06:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechsican

thanks for all the kind words everyone. Without the praise I wouldn't have the motivation to continue doing these things. can't tell you how many play throughs i give up on merely because no one responds to it whether it be good or bad. Thanks to this supportive community of tightly knit far cry 2 nut cases I think I won't have a problem sticking with this one. :D

Also I think im going to diamond hunt and venture again now since I'm home from w@&k and ready to unwind this weekend. feel free to drop by as always.

All done for now folks.

www.justin.tv/mechsican/old

JRD

I'll echo everybody's thoughts... keep them coming... it's great to watch you playing...   :-X :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

absolutely :)  :-X

For those who haven't visited Mech's link (and for you, Mech, hehe) I'd like to describe what I expected, saw, and thought, when I first did it, from my memory:

"A link. All posts here read, nothing else on the agenda, so why not. No idea what a "tv" link might have for surprises, maybe some youtube kind of vid snippets, I guess it's the link I checked when I was on youtube looking for new sequels of these mech-FC2-vids.

Alright, there we go. Yes, the same link, but hey, not the usual vids playing in that small preview window, but some FC2 going on, and it's not one of the vids posted on OWG. Ah, and a chat is up and running. The vid channel is populated with 88 viewers (geez, we had 22 visitors tops).

Checking the chat... "me: lo" - darn, a popup urging me to register... nah. Can't be bothered right now, might only stay a couple of minutes anyway. Hold it... I just read someone post something and hear Mechsican reply to the comment in the chat... it's a fricking live vid stream! I am actually watching him play live FC2, and he's commenting his own actions. Plus he's capable of reading the chat and replying to it while playing FC2.

Oh, now he's ringing someone up or so. I can hear like two, no, three voices now. A voice conference going on there... those guys apparently playing something else, yet they talk. With Mech. And he reads the chat and responds to that as well. And he's playing FC2. On Infamous difficulty, even... OMFG some people are really wired. And I thought I was a maniac already... haha, incredible."

I actually spent like an hour or so, the "preview" vid window maximised to full screen, watching that Mech character multi-task like a machine, and it was fun. Crazy. Hehe...

Mech, I never knew one could get so deep into all that :) How the hell can you do that  ;D I prefer playing FC2 in peace and quiet (apart from mind-blowing explosions when my 5.1 speakers half jump off the desk and supporting stands) and perhaps some fave tunes in the background. Hehehehe

I don't know if you'll ever find time to read some more of the great stuff we collected here, but I do hope you'll give it a try. Some of it might give you inspirations, like retiredgord's great stories, and perhaps learn about things you never thought existed in FC2. Might add to your gaming and recording it would certainly be fun for all of us, we'd be happy to see some of it in your vids (since you asked for "Thoughts/Ideas") :)

Now, looking forward to watching the next vid of yours. I am certain you already have more fans here on our site, even if they don't post :) As JRD said, keep them coming  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Mechsican

Quote from: Art Blade on July 31, 2009, 02:16:03 PM

"A link. All posts here read, nothing else on the agenda, so why not. No idea what a "tv" link might have for surprises, maybe some youtube kind of vid snippets, I guess it's the link I checked when I was on youtube looking for new sequels of these mech-FC2-vids.

Alright, there we go. Yes, the same link, but hey, not the usual vids playing in that small preview window, but some FC2 going on, and it's not one of the vids posted on OWG. Ah, and a chat is up and running. The vid channel is populated with 88 viewers (geez, we had 22 visitors tops).

Checking the chat... "me: lo" - darn, a popup urging me to register... nah. Can't be bothered right now, might only stay a couple of minutes anyway. Hold it... I just read someone post something and hear Mechsican reply to the comment in the chat... it's a fricking live vid stream! I am actually watching him play live FC2, and he's commenting his own actions. Plus he's capable of reading the chat and replying to it while playing FC2.

Oh, now he's ringing someone up or so. I can hear like two, no, three voices now. A voice conference going on there... those guys apparently playing something else, yet they talk. With Mech. And he reads the chat and responds to that as well. And he's playing FC2. On Infamous difficulty, even... OMFG some people are really wired. And I thought I was a maniac already... haha, incredible."

Gord... you could learn a thing or two about writing from this guy right here ;)

On a more serious note I have now acquired all the diamonds in the northern territory except for the south east and southern quadrants. I expect I'll be able to start the first mission tomorrow since I'll be trying to get those pesky last few tonight before I sleep.

I have to say starting the game with nothing and hunting those diamonds down on infamous difficulty is super annoying. without the help of the DLC shotguns and the crossbow i don't think I would have been able to.

Art Blade

Quote from: Mechsican on July 31, 2009, 08:39:36 PM
Gord... you could learn a thing or two about writing from this guy right here

thanks, very flattering :) I think it is just the other way round. I think I learnt a thing or two about writing from Gord  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Mechsican

All diamonds found now so I'm going to start recording the first true mission of the game. with the 264 diamonds i got so far I currently have in my possession:

Silent MP5 - Fully Upgraded minus the ammo
M1903 - Fully Upgraded minus the ammo
Makarov - Fully Upgraded
IED - ammo upgrade
Silent Makarov 6P9 - Fully Upgraded
RPG-7 - Reliability upgrade
PKM - Fully Upgraded minus the ammo
Dart Rifle - Fully Upgraded minus the ammo
Camo Suit
Basic First Aid Kit
All three weapon crates

all of that costs exactly 264 diamonds which isn't a whole lot when you look at it.

I'll try my hardest to have something uploaded tonight so be on the lookout.

Art Blade

good job, considering you actually only did all that "boring" w@&k just to get started, on infamous. To get more diamonds, you might want to do a couple of assassination jobs :) But once you start with those main/plot missions, you'll soon get loads of those precious stones :) Looking forward to you upcoming vid  :) :-X

Mechsican

I've already finished those as well. all that is left are the buddy missions and main faction missions as well as those silly predecessor tape missions which I will surely ignore.

Art Blade

I was never deeply interested in those tapes either. Well, I did collect a few, when I happened to be around in the area with nothing else on my mind.  ;)

JRD

I collected them once, hoping to have some insights on the Jackal's story... not too deep though, Reuben's Blog is much better to understand the plot.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Mechsican

just finished mission #1 guns blazing... dear god i can't wait
to watch that crap :P

EDIT: now i got the stealth done. again... very interesting.

Art Blade

PZ

Looking forward to your next video Mech - I particularly enjoy your dry wit when narrating - makes the experience seem almost like I'm in the same room watching you play  :-X

Mechsican

be on the lookout for part the first section of the first APR mission sometime soon. I might not be awake to add it on here to the site since I'm only uploading it now.

if it weren't such a hectic day of crap i might have been able to talk to myself for more ten minute increments than just one but sadly it didn't happen.

EDIT:  here it is... not much action but enjoy it.
[smg id=1116 type=av]

Mechsican

well all three attempts are done and the first mission will be about 12 or so parts if i include everything... which is not so good.

on the bright side there is never a dull moment especially in the later parts of the third attempt. simply amazing buddies is all i can say for now.

I'll try and get two parts done today at some point and three everyday after so i can start mission 2. more updates to come during the week.

PZ

The quality of the image in HD is really good.  That first GP you come to where you were shooting the merc in the chest - when you use the "snap to" aiming on the consoles, it often hits the stationary weapon post, so there is a good chance that is what happened in your case.

Also, when you get a chance, this is the GP near the CockFight arena - if you drive full speed through this GP and then head through the arena, you'll likely start a merc war - stop on the far side of the arena area (outside of it) and run back toward the area - you'll probably hear gun fire if you've been successful.

Good job on those movies - they're great!   :-X

Mechsican

alright part #7 is uploaded and ready to be viewed.

[smg id=1117 type=av]

Art Blade

thanks for that vid, nice watch :)

Will comment more soon (I'm not well right now, but had to slip in a line for you. The vid made me smile, wich is good  :-X )

Mechsican

and #8 for all your viewing pleasure  :)

[smg id=1118 type=av]

PZ

Enjoyed episode 7 - a couple of things I can relate to:

• Malaria - I was on a mission where I needed to fly a glider: make a sharp U-turn to get to the other side of a gorge.  Just as I pick up the glider to fly - you guessed it - malaria hits.
  • You kill the Police Chief's brother and somehow he miraculously calls the Chief.  I did a buddy rescue where I released a buddy in Sediko - went in stealth and no one noticed me.  When released, the buddy says "Good, you killed them all... we'd better leave before the reinforcements arrive..." or words to that effect.  I felt a bit stifled that I could not reply "You must be kidding you moron... no one even knows I was here!"

Mechsican

I guess I can understand ubi not writing in many different comments for each character to say when rescued. I think I'd be even more suspicion towards them if he said something like, "Good w@&k popping that guy in a$$ with a dart and teabaggin' his face man wish I could do the same. Guess we should spilt up and get out of here."

Then again hearing Marty or Josip say that would be pretty fantastic.

Dweller_Benthos

When I've done stealth rescue of buddies, they sometimes say

The guards aren't dead, are they?

In a kind of worried tone. To that I reply

Nope, and you're on your own getting out of here, sucka
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Mechsican

#9 is live !

Beware the loud belch within the first 10 seconds  ;D

[smg id=1120 type=av]

Art Blade

finally back to tell you how much I enjoyed your new set of vids.  :-X  :)

One thing springs to mind, when you started off with that Reuben character at Mike's who kept talking... you can just walk away, he'll stop and shout "I meant what I said about the tapes" and be done  ;D You can do that with APR/UFLL missions too, just go into the briefing room, look for the ledger and grab it -  they'll say something like "this one wants to w@&k" and give you a very brief summary of your mission, you get paid and can leave :)

Nice aiming by the way, considering you're not using a mouse. Some guys with consoles seem to find it very hard to aim without a "snap-to" aid, but watching you I don't think you use any aiming help, do you?

Oh, and I admit that I am childish enough to actually rewind the first 15 or so seconds of the last vid for at least ten times, tears in my eyes from laughing so hard I nearly choked, especially on the second belch  ;D

KingRat

I too am enjoying watching someone else's playthrough...totally different style than mine...and that's probably a good thing  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳