Started by RedRaven, July 22, 2009, 03:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Great!  :-X  :-X  :-X

Thanks Art
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

nexor

Hey guys, This must sound realy dumb.......I've installed Screenshot Pilot, "but she no wêk (w@&k in normal english, wêk in new South African English)" .......the Hotkey(F11) is doing nothing while i'm in the game, also tried Irfanview with the same result. Now Art, please don't get toooooo technical................. ;D ;D

JRD

Before Art gets too technical, let me try an eay solution...  ;)

What`s wrong with the Print Screen key?

Instead of Irfanview, which I didn`t try yet, I suggest you try FRAPS... if you don`t mind installing another software, of course.

Just my thoughts!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

nexor

Quote from: JRD on April 22, 2010, 01:03:25 AM
Before Art gets too technical, let me try an eay solution...  ;)

What`s wrong with the Print Screen key?

Instead of Irfanview, which I didn`t try yet, I suggest you try FRAPS... if you don`t mind installing another software, of course.

Just my thoughts!

Thanks JRD, will try FRAPS, the screenshots come out too dark on print screen, specialy on night mode, tried to brighten it up a bit but it's not helping.

PZ

Irfanview is a free solution, and I've been using it for 15 years of so for simple image manipulation/format change.  It works on everything from transparency-based icons to D_B's map images.

FRAPS is definitely a favorite because it captures movies and/or stills with single button presses while you are in any application.  FRAPS even captures in some of the more challenging places within FC2 with complete ease.  However, it is not free, but once purchased you get free upgrades for life.  Their most recent upgrade allows you to capture anything you've been doing because it continuously captures the last 30 seconds of play similar to what JC2 does on the PS3.  No more "man, I wish that I'd started recording this sequence" lost opportunities.

nexor

I tried Irfanview, but I get the same result as with Screenshot Pilot, the F11 button is not working during game play

PZ

I recall a discussion we had on this topic some time ago, but can't remember the specifics.  Something along the lines of irfanview working while playing, but not in the armory.  Although I'm not positive, I think I had it working at one point, but then it would not w@&k unless I was playing in windowed mode rather than full screen.

I'm sure Art will remember better than I do.

However, should you take the plunge, FRAPS works perfectly every time, with no fuss that I have ever experienced.

Dweller_Benthos

Just a random thought, be sure the F11 key isn't mapped to some other function in the game or any other running application.

If the F11 key works while FC2 isn't running, but doesn't w@&k when FC2 is running, then I bet FC2 is blocking the F11 key for some reason. I don't recall anything being mapped to that key by default, but check your key bindings in the game menu and see if there is. You can also try to re-map the key in your screenshot software, see if that helps.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

D_B had the perfect reply. And I never used that Pilot software  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I'd say try to bind another key to take screenshots but D_B did it already.

As a last resource, eor123 managed to get great shots using a camera pointed to his TV... same did retiredgord some time ago...  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

nexor

FRAPS is working like a dream, thanks all you guys.............. :)

PZ

I'm glad that you're finding it useful - FRAPS is definitely my favorite application to capture content from games.  Here's what I usually do with screen captures and video:

• Screen captures - I mapped my FRAPS capture key to ScrLk (but that can be anything).  After capturing all the screen captures I want, either exit the game if finished, or Alt-Tab out to the desktop.  Right click the FRAPS icon in the system tray and you have immediate access to the screen capture folder.  Go ti it and check out the jpgs - irfanview is my favorite because it is so fast.  I usually name them in blocks of content, for instance, JC2a, JC2b, JC2c, etc.
  • Videos - works the same as screen captures but with a different mapped key of course.  The resulting files are excellent quality, but are huge - I usually upload to YouTube because their server automatically converts it into a format that everyone can see, and gives you a url that you can enter into our gallery for embedding.
I guess that the main reason I like FRAPS so much is that it is the simplest, easiest application that does it all.  Plus the low overhead and free upgrades for life are a bonus  ;)

nexor

Yes the quality of the screenshots and video clips are excelent, just having a problem getting the uploads done on youtube, tried from both my pc's and getting the same result.....address could not be found, and that is clicking on upload in youtube.

Art Blade

sounds like a router or firewall ruling out that addy, or maybe something simple as preventing a redirect, scripts, java...?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

just found the fault, their tutorial not telling you that you must confirm your email address.... :D
after uploaded to youtube, do you guys select share the video or private?. :-\

PZ

I always share because I like to have as many people view as wish to.  You can use the url directly in a post in the forums, just like another link, or you can submit it to the gallery which generates an embed code.

Art Blade

Just recently I experienced a "private" video, I would have needed to accept a "friend" request or some such thing, which means no one can watch but those you accept as friends (send them kind of an invitation). I reckon that is much more annoying than simply sharing a vid.

Tags:
🡱 🡳