ArmA2 Demo: first impressions

Started by JRD, July 06, 2009, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

well who would of thunk it.
been talking about ARMA2 since i found out about it, with my 3D friends and with you guys, even went so far as to hijack a little section of Operation Flashpoints forum  ::) , which eventually ran away and grew up into its own set of boards. but when i finally get my hands on a Brand-spankin new copy all wrapped in shiny plastic it all went wrong - cheers to all of you who took pity on me and tried to help me get it installed, in the end none of it fixed my errors but its bound to shine a light for another gibbering wreck of a gamer who just NeeDs to play.

Finally got it sorted about 3 hours ago (5 a.m. btw). and as you can well imagine it was all down to someting very very simple.....

my DvD drive could not read the disc properly so could not instal the game!!!!!

"why didnt i check it days ago " can almost hear you all cry out in exasperation, well it was working perfectly, even installed CoJ2 with it 2 days ago.

so basic game is now instaled, just need to patch it then find me a bloody big tank!!!

Thanks again to all who tried to help,

oh yeah, fixed it by swiping Dvd drive from my kids tower ???
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

RedRaven

decided to have a little taste whilst latest patch trickled down the net. 2 words does it for me

HELL YEAH.....
soon as vision was clear turned round and saw someone about 3 feet away, really did make me jump in suprise so i shot it twice for good measure.   It was my own shadow !!!!! cant begin to measure how very very silly i thought. spent half ho messing about tryin to learn keyboard (FC2 / CoJ2 now ARMA2 - all very similar but with enough subtle variation to ensure you press wrong button at least a couple of times.

Both CoJ2 and ARMA2 both strike me as not only trying to keep it as real as possible, they both have a quirky feel / theme to them that suits itself really well. Most of all on low level difficulties its not really that easy. So 2 Fantasticly different games that we can really get stuck into and conquer with pride, not just over 1 weekend.

looking forward to summer and autumn mornings , its quiet so can get lost in it.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

great you finally made it, dke58 :) I know the dvd drive can be a ba$t@rd sometimes, seems ok with everything but one disc... I've experienced that three times now already, those players do get hmmm, warped... you know, due to frequent usage, the laser gets slightly off track and that's that. Good for most but not for everything. That's why I use only one player for flicks and music, and the other one for games and data.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳