Started by JRD, July 06, 2009, 10:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

1399?  :o

And I was impressed with 321!!!

Talk about extended gameplay!!  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

Cheers guys. It is a lot of fun to play, therefore easy to write about, could of prattled on for much longer ::) . Will be posting my review of Call of Pripyat by Saturday morning, think it would be good to compile members reviews into there own thread, it would make for a good "one-stop" place for new and existing members alike.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

excellent review, Red  :-X

Do you see swastikas in the game? How about gore, rag doll, dismemberment, blood? (asking because I'll know about how much of censorship I can expect)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Stand by, screen shots are on the way ;D

Here they are, the first shows just 2 of many streets lined with banners depicting the swastika.
[smg id=1939]

This one show an execution taking place, stumbled across this by chance, but it appears to be a random A.I. event.
[smg id=1937]

Here are a couple of shots showing the level of gore. Its not excessive in any way, there is a blood spurt when you shoot some one and thats about as far as it goes, bodies do have a little rag-doll but its not realistic or over the top. You get it most from explosions and running them down with a vehicle. On the right you can see blood splat in the corners of the screen, that indicates you are wounded, the more red on screen the closer to the pearly gates you are. When it is completely covered you only have a few seconds to get behind cover, as soon as you stop taking damage you heal automatically and pretty quickly too.  (note to PC players with Logitech G-series keyboards - I use the G15 and when the game is loading and during cut scenes the LCD screen will display "THE SABOTEUR" however when playing it shoes your health as a %. No options to be selected or extra things to install, it just does it for you :-X )
[smg id=1938]

So I don't think it will of been censored that much, its more about the gameplay and variety of ways to do things. There is a nudity option which removes any attire covering the breast's of the woman in the Burlesque house, below is a shot WITHOUT the nudity option on (its already in the PC version, download-able for console). There is a fair bit of foul language too, but nothing worse than post watershed TV.

[smg id=1940]

Would be good to find out if there is any actual censorship for different countries, but very disappointing if there is.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

ok, I'll have to consider a UK/US version  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Terrific review and pics Red, thanks heaps :-X :-X

Fiach

I got this game about 6 months ago, it was really cheap iirc, but by golly I loved it to bits, now tbh Seans oirish accent did grate on me, but after awhile I got used to it I guess. IMO, I think the faux french accents were more offensive to the french people than Seans was to irish players, it was worse than Allo Allo, but better than Peter Sellers Insp. Clouseau  :o

I loved the difficulty settings, Normal, Hard and Feckin Hard! :)

The transformation of black and white to colour after you liberated an area was very well done, every time when you went from sunny city into a dark and oppressive occupied zone, it really lent alot of atmosphere to the gameworld.

I thought the cars handled really well, with significant improvements to handling as you got better cars, the driving was never a chore.

I liked the missions, but some of them were a little vague and needed a little trial and error until you got used to the pattern.

Blowing stuff up never gets old :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Quote from: Fiach on December 13, 2010, 02:20:04 PM
... but better than Peter Sellers Insp. Clouseau  :o
^+-+

I must admit that I like that idiot... my favorite parts:

• "Does your deug bite? "No, my deug does not bite..."
  • The part where the Inspector is made up like Albert Einstein and he is under the influence of nitrous oxide when he pulls Dreyfus' tooth... the wrong one

Fiach

I never really "got" Peter Sellers, I liked Dr Strangeglove alot, but the PP movies went right over my head.

Fave quote?.... "Zere iz a bumb un ze fone" ...... dunno which movie though, could be a PP one.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

lol, it very well could be - reads like one  :-()

RedRaven

Good to see your enjoying it Fiach. Liked it that much on PC that I got it for PS3 when PC died.
Still never got round to finishing it on either platform though, will have to get to it after New Vegas.

Agree about the accent too. :(

Tags:
🡱 🡳