Two small maps comments

Started by Cyran, March 20, 2009, 01:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyran

Hi

For the Leboa map, the south quarter, there is a truck patrolling the length of the airstrip. Although the Airfield becomes deserted after delivering the defoliant for the greenhouse subverted mission and the truck disappears at the same time. (I always wondered if it was a glitch that the guards do not repop after that mission but it occured on all playthrough for me).

Bowa map south quarter, there is a glider NW of the MS-Pipeline, near the sniper post to the north.

JRD

Hi Cyran
Yesterday I was playing that very same defoliant subvert mission and after completion I went to the airstrip for a few screenshots to another post and realised the same thing as you just mentioned.
The airstrip is deserted!!!
The large fuel tank south of the hangars is already blown in my game, but there is a fuel pile, an ammo pile in the other side and two jeeps parked near it as if mercs should be around.
I thought it was a glitch and was about to uninstall / reinstall the game to have it fixed.
But apparently, this is how things should happen!
So this is the one place I know that get unoccupied after a few missions.
Weird......
Anybody else noticed the same?

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

I will have that patrol marked on the next version of the map, just plain forgot it before. I'll also have that hang glider, if it's the same one, which I'm pretty sure it is.

Also noticed the airstrip no longer has people after the defoliant mission, but isn't that one fairly late in the game anyway? Not that it should matter, every place else stays populated after missions, far as I know. Probably a glitch in the respawn values.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I had the same experience as you all, so it is the same on PS3 - the clear indication is the blown large propane tank.  The interesting thing is that the re-spawn value is clearly something that Ubi could easily adjust with an update...  wouldn't it be nice to have that as a game setting - in addition to controller settings, display settings - a "game" menu item where you could adjust re-spawn times, AI aggressiveness, speed for various vehicles, ammo hitting power... the list goes on...

Ricamundo

I noticed that too. After doing the buddy part of a main mission, I believe, the airstrip was empty. I always do the buddy part first.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

B33 ENN

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on March 20, 2009, 07:45:41 AM
Also noticed the airstrip no longer has people after the defoliant mission, but isn't that one fairly late in the game anyway? Not that i :-[t should matter, every place else stays populated after missions, far as I know. Probably a glitch in the respawn values.

Early this morning I got off the southern bus-stop and grabbed the quad-bike (my favourite apart from the dune buggy) and made for the airfield.

Mission: take out another suit for Deepthroat.

When I got there, I hid on a rise and surveyed expecting mercs a plenty. But nope, nothing, nadda, zippo...

Went everywhere and the place was deserted. On only one cell tower mission have I actually seen the guy - Pala - all the rest I have blown up using the M79 from a stand-off range. So I decided to go back up to the rise and take pot shots until the mission complete sign appeared.  ;D

I think all missions are done in the North now, no hazzard icons appear anywhere on the ma indicating a new mission. No buddies up here for any more side missions either.

Been playing on "Normal" since the start and at about 50% done. First playthrough, but I'm thinking of uping the stakes to a higher difficulty as I don't even bother avoiding the checkpoints now, I actually enjoy mixing it up with them while travelling around.  :o Ram rainding them with a truck, jump out last minute and nuke the truck as it barrels into a few mercs. Then AR-16 the rest while laughing hysterically!

This maybe a sign I should switch to "Hardcore" or "Infamous"?  ;D
"Do your mother a favour, buy a Lance & Ferman Military Laser."

JRD

My first playthrough was on Normal and I tweaked it up a notch to Hardcore on my second go.

Hardcore presented a better challenge as I was a bit shorter on ammo and less resistant to damage, but yet only on rare occasions, when I`m doing missions on a row I find myself out of syrettes - which prompts me to attack a medkit GP  ;)

Didn`t try Infamous yet as I think you are way too sensible to lead whereas they`re still can take a lot of damage before going down. RedRaven here did a full playthrough on Infamous keeping 100% accuracy... he`s my hero and I want to be like him when I grow up!!!  ;D ;D ;D

If you try it, let us know how you like it!  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

I've also noticed that merc-less airfield thing in Leboa when dropping off the defoliant.

On the subject, I believe the Crash Site in Bowa also becomes de-populated after you've done the buddy mission to get the bomb fuse. In fact, I think it may only be populated for that one mission. Whether it's populated before you do the fuse mission is something I'll have to check (unless someone here knows already), but after that mission, it's deserted.

Art Blade

the crash site only spawns if you take on the side mission.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳