Locating by sound in FC2

Started by PZ, July 02, 2009, 09:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I've read many instances where people complain about how sounds w@&k (or actually, don't w@&k) to locate the enemy.  I was always perplexed because I find it easy to turn to locate the source of the sound (mercs talking, walking, driving, etc.).  At first I thought it was due to the headphones I wear, but now I realize that it probably due to DirectX 10, which I use in FC2.

Art Blade

I think the only thing that is a little out of proportion is how loud voices sometimes are. You can hear them as if they stood next to you while they are actually several strides away... that still is confusing or startling me, sometimes. Other than that, I don't have problems with sound.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

Using sounds in FC2 is almost crucial, don't know what people are complaining about cause you can hear everything with Dolby 5.1 (but then again not everybody has that).

PZ

I agree - if you can't locate that "vroommm, vrrrrooooommmmm" then you're done for...  ;)

tehsam016

Lol tell me about it. That sound startles me almost every time I hear it, but rarely get ran over =P. (due to my cat-like reflexes ;) ) :P or it just may be they usually run into something while barreling towards me, but still  8)

PZ

I can't count the number of times they've passed me as we run head-to-head; they turn around to chase me, and back off a cliff, bridge, or something else hilarious happens to them.  ;D

tehsam016

Yeah they're definitely not the best drivers in Africa =P.

Art Blade

there are worse in ArmA2... I had a team of two helis. Both pilots decided to land on flat terrain... such as a lake... and returned to me swimming  ;D Of the choppers all I could see were the rotor blades beneath the surface :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on July 03, 2009, 10:34:47 AM
there are worse in ArmA2... I had a team of two helis. Both pilots decided to land on flat terrain... such as a lake... and returned to me swimming  ;D Of the choppers all I could see were the rotor blades beneath the surface :)

OMG... those are the guys watching your back?
When you call for back up... THEY are the help?
I'm considering a Chuck Norris approach on ArmA2 now  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

ROFL it was during testing a self-made mission and they didn't have a "H" to land on where I was... so the AI was looking for something flat... being the lake. But that is alarming indeed  ;D ;D

spaceboy

hilarious about landing on/in the lake.  "Ok, it's clear...set her down boys!"

As for sounds i agree that it was a huge jump in game enjoyment after I got my surround sound system.  Oh happy days!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

I remember that day when I got mine... overwhelming :) and great for watching movies, too  ;D

Hacko

Sound is pretty good in this game, it is not as good as some games like Crysis or COD. As someone else has said, the sounds are a little loud based on where the merc is in relation to you.

spaceboy

best sounding game I've played (which to be honest isn't all that many) has got to be BFBC, I got the chance on two separate occasions to have the house to myself and I was able to let her rip for about an hour.  It was incredible. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

tehsam016

Tell me bout it spaceboy, that game is all about the sounds ;).

Tags:
🡱 🡳