Campaign lenght

Started by JRD, July 02, 2009, 11:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Just read a review at gamespot.com.
They gave an 8/10, which is pretty good (FC2 got 8,5/10). and although not everybody agrees with their review, one piece of information caught my attention - the campaign lenght. They claim that one can finish a playthrough, including all sidemissions in about 7 hours!!! only 7 hours of fun and that's it!!!
If that's true, in three days from now (if so) PZ will be posting his thoughts about the ending with both characters.
Too bad they create a nice game, with deeply created characters and story and a beautyful landscape that truly drives into wild west and, just when you are getting used to it, it ends  :(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Agree... it was the same with CoD5. Quick in, quick out, quick away.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Two things I always look for when doing research prior to purchase: replay value and game lenght.

FC2 gave excellent 50+ hours of gameplay and priceless replay value.

Crysis gave me some boring 10 hours of gameplay shooting stupid flying squids and only one playthrough... what a waste of money it was.

CoJ2 should last some 10 hours according to reviews, and according to PZ thats a great action game, good replay as you can go for the other character the second time...  hopefully PZ will find a great MP career on this one.

Sorry, I'm whinning... don't want to spoil anybody's fun, I just was excited to see a new game out and felt rather frustrated with its lenght... even not being one who bought a copy for myself  :(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

It is always good to read different oppinions. And your oppinion is at the time a good tip for anyone who tends to go head over heel and perhaps ends up disappointed. It is a good argument to check for campaign length. Even if it is short, a good story and loads of action can be a compensation for a short campaign. I think the campaign in CoD4:ModernWarfare wasn't extremely long either, but I played it over and over because the action was great :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Although I don't know how many "Chapters" there are available, I managed to get through two and start the third during about an hour or two of play.  I tend to agree with the review - the play will be rather short, like COD5, but it will be lots of fun due to the western theme that I really like, plus the concentration mode (the mode where you target in slo-mo, then automatically fire Clint Eastwood style to get them all.  I haven't had a chance to play since my last report, but hopefully today.  However, ARMA2 demo installed and it is calling my name ever so softly...

tehsam016

It really seems no different than the first (which took about the same time to beat as well).

Tags:
🡱 🡳