Maps

Started by PZ, June 26, 2009, 09:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Not sure yet. It looks like it is for later in the game when you are probably about to build a camp... maybe a for a siege... I actually might give it a try. There are these two last parts of the tutorial missions I skipped so far, one being High Command, and the last being Build. Since those are the last, and include high command, I can only assume that building of field hospitals and barracks is nothing for Private Paul but for General Gary  ;)

I was thinking, at least with the editor it's possible to make a detailed screenshot of target areas that are part of the missions. For example that airstrip, which is huge, could help get an idea of what the area looks like and the editor allows more details than the in-game map.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

PZ, I found out some cheats (old ArmA cheats w@&k) and posted them already. What might be interesting is this one

QuoteTOPOGRAPHY
    Generates a map in EMF vector format. The file is always created at the root directory of the C: drive. The output file is generated when the map is next viewed in game. German Users: Enter TOPOGRAPHZ instead.

:)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Very interesting... I don't know the specifics of the EMF format, but we might be able to make use of this...

Art Blade

I'm afraid of doing it LOL (I once had something like that, can't remember which game right now, and it would extract something from within the game. It was SO big and half-froze my PC when I did, hahaha

I have no idea, but as I already assumed, it's not graphic but vector. That gives me hope the file won't be so enormous  :)

Art Blade

Meanwhile I found out that it seems to be possible to create a town, using buildings and such, but it can't be achieved with a simple wysiwyg method. It's either scripting or perhaps a third-party program.

Tags:
🡱 🡳