Help needed: Error installing game

Started by RedRaven, June 25, 2009, 03:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

Totally Gutted !!!
got the game last night, but everytime try to instal it comes up with an error (c0000005 always when its trying to read addon air.pbo.) have spent much time on net searching for meaning of error to no avail yet. if any of you have any insight at all would be greatly recieved.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Sorry to hear that  :(

Quoteair.pbo addon

Is that seperately downloaded stuff or part of the game?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Is your DVD or your dvd-player broken?

Sometimes a new player does the trick (I had that a couple of times already, for some reason unable to play movie dvds that I knew were ok). If not, perhaps send the disc back for exchange?

Or, maybe, if nothing helps, have you considered "support"? Here's a link for the UK

http://www.arma2.com/user-support/support/505-games-support-uk_en.html
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

after more searching found couple of people with similar problems, its been recomended to copy contents of DVD to a folder and try installing from that, will post results good or bad. (if it fails will use email link you posted)
DVD drive is fine, have tested few other discs with it , that was one of my 1st thoughts.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

alright mate, best of luck then  :-X

PS, just checked my game folder, found one called "addon" and that air.pbo (part of the game) - only 272MB... a little bit more than would fit in our downloads  ;)

gvse

Sorry to hear that too! No idea what could be causing the problem :( Hope you have figured it out by now.

PZ

Interesting problem on my end - installed the 2.8 GB demo but the game won't run - reports some kind of audio dll is missing.  Anyone hear about this problem with the demo?

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on July 01, 2009, 06:24:39 AMInteresting problem on my end - installed the 2.8 GB demo but the game won't run - reports some kind of audio dll is missing.  Anyone hear about this problem with the demo?

Oh dear  :( Maybe I got something for you:

QuoteIt's possible that extracting the demo with winzip can cause a CRC or corruption error to be reported, we recommend you use 7zip to extract the demo from the archive

QuoteIf you encounter any sound or graphical issues while running the game, please make sure you have installed the latest versions of your hardware drivers and try to tweak your audio and video options.

QuoteX3DAudio1_6.dll
If you receive the following error on launching the demo: "Demo failed to launch, X3DAudio1_6.dll was not found," you need to make sure you have the latest Directx 9 Redistributable installed. It can be downloaded here.

The link is download.microsoft.com and gets you this directx_mar2009_redist.exe

Found the info on the page where the demo is. Hope it helps!

PZ

Thanks, Art - X3DAudio1_6.dll is the problem reported, but I'm using DX10 - wouldn't want to step back to DX9 would I?  Not sure of the consequences of doing so - do you know?

Art Blade

Hmmm. When I installed it, the game told me the latest version of dx9 was necessary and that the game would install it. The sys specs states minimum OS was winXP (dx9) whereas recommended sys specs states either XP or Vista (dx10). So it has to be able to run using vista. What I don't know is, how that driver problem (dll) can be solved. I'm going to check on the arma site. I'll report back soon.

Art Blade

as far as I remember you can install both dx9 and dx10... not so sure....

I found a topic called "Sound & Audio problems (e.g. x3daudio1_6.dll)"

QuoteEveryone receiving ARMA 2 crash or fail to start due to xaudio or x3daudio etc.

install the DX9 redist as admin! (this including VISTA users !)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0CF368E5-5CE1-4032-A207-C693D210F616&displaylang=en

this topic is temporary to avoid further questions on this theme before You try above

note:
same DirectX folder is also included with both ARMA 2 Demo and ARMA 2 full on STEAM

STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 2 DEMO\DirectX\DXsetup.exe
STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 2 \DirectX\DXsetup.exe

the link for that quote is http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?s=ed571b30171f42bfd24642880772c7e3&t=76668

Art Blade

sorry for editing while you are posting... ;) pls check again for changes

PZ

Thanks for the info, Art - really helped!   :-X  I'll see what I can do later - need to do the electrical on the hot tub today  :'(

Art Blade

glad if it helped :)

I'm fighting with a new air conditioning... so hot here today I simply couldn't help myself but finally buy one. I tried to stand the last few years without one, but today has been the day  ;D

JRD

Let me ask you something, my German friend... what SO HOT means to you? In degrees celsius, I mean  ;D
See... it's winter time here and as I walked back from lunch I was so glad the temperature was pleasant here - 29°C (84,2 °F)  :P
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

LOL! good point  ;D My problem is, we had like +20/22/24°C varying all the time during the last couple of weeks, and now suddenly it's over 30 and so humid I start sweating doing nothing. I had no chance to getting used to it, and my place here heats up (first half of the day one part of it, second half the other part)... and when one or both PCs are on, they heat up the room even more by one or two degrees.

It's totally different if I travel to a country that has a decent summer, like Spain, where it takes me like two or three days to get used to it. Then, my friend, I walk dressed in long jeans and tee-shirt in 40°C with a smile on my face ;D

JRD

I know what you mean... During the last summer I was playing Crysis and the temperature in my room must've reached > 40°C, and I was wondering why the game was crashing so often  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

hehe, so true... I had overheating problems with a previous PC (now deceased) so I try to keep the systems in a range around 30 and less... helps me, too  ;)

dke58 - news for you:

I found a topic where I was looking for a solution for PZ's problems and found one for you:

topic "ArmA 2 (Cant finish installing)" can be found here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?s=ed571b30171f42bfd24642880772c7e3&t=75240

PZ

Cool... while I was researching having both DX9 and DX10 on my Vista machine (you should be able to), I came upon a review on which version to use with FC2.  The people indicated that FC2 was one of the few games that made use of DX10 capabilities which resulted in improved performance.

Art Blade

PZ

OK, here is my experience with DX9 and DX10 on Vista x64.  Evidently DX10 is built into the OS and you cannot do an uninstall.  DX9 libraries are not present so if you have a game that requires DX9, then you need to do the web update at microsoft.com/directx.  Look for the web update download which is a few hundred kb.  It will assess what you have on your machine and download the appropriate files to make your system capable of running DX9 games.  In my case, it was only 5.7 mb worth of files and I have ARMA2 demo running!

Thanks Art, for pointing me in the correct direction.

Art Blade

Welcome :) I'm glad you finally got it up and running  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳