Latest Content

Started by Art Blade, June 25, 2009, 01:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Videos: Porto Seek and Destroy mission

This is the first of 4 parts playing the Porto Arma1 map in ARMA2.  Highlights are:

• 3 King Tiger tanks being crewed on the fly and then wreaking havoc in town.
  • There is also a bit of sniping using the Cheytac silenced sniper rifle.
  • Also of interest are 2 HIND helicopters on the battlefield as a result of Ambient combat (I did not need to place the units)
[smg id=1178 type=av]
This is the 2nd of 4 parts playing the Porto Arma1 map in ARMA2. Highlights include:

• A King Tiger knocking down a building and crushing part of a concrete wall
  • Heavy sniping using the Cheytac silent sniper rifle
  • One of the insurgents triggering a bus rigged to explode (several of these around town)
  • A Tiger flipping and ejecting 2 crew members (closeup with the big sniper's scope reveals their faces bloodied, but still ready for a fight)
[smg id=1179 type=av]
This is the 3rd of 4 parts playing the Porto Arma1 map in ARMA2. This short clip continues sniper activity and shows a closeup of a King Tiger. The three tigers were all manned by way points and synchronizations, and all three were on search and destroy mission.
[smg id=1180 type=av]
This is the 4th of 4 parts playing the Porto Arma1 map in ARMA2. This might be the best of the 4 videos. Highlights:

• An Apache AH-1Z was crewed at the base (out of sight of the player) and flew into town on a search and destroy mission - it rocketed a Tiger which exploded beautifully. Just then, an RPG merc rocketed the Apache! I'd never seen this before, the Apache usually devastates the town.
  • Excellent views of insurgents triggering car bombs showing the beauty of explosions in ARMA2
[smg id=1181 type=av]

PZ

Aussie on the Armaholic forums is working on porting his island called Australia to ARMA2.  I don't know how ccurate it is, but it sure looks nice.

Australia screen capture

PZ

How about nukes for ARMA2?  That's right, bktman at armaholic is working on a nuclear bomb pack for ARMA2.  He also plans to release a SCUD missle launcher.
[smg id=1271 type=av]

Art Blade

crazy  :o I bet only one side will posess that device... and that won't be the AI  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Might be kind of fun to create a mission where the AI did have the nuke, and your job was to intercept the person with the launch code before he reached the missile launch site.  Better wear your glasses  8)

Art Blade

...and take a bath in some extra-high sun blocker lotion 8)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: PZ on August 24, 2009, 05:09:44 PM
Might be kind of fun to create a mission where the AI did have the nuke, and your job was to intercept the person with the launch code before he reached the missile launch site.  Better wear your glasses  8)

OFP1 was like that... you had to prevent Russians from launching a nuke and when you finnally succeed, you find out they have another one  :o
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Found on STEAM:

QuoteTitle: ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead
Genre: Action, Strategy, Simulation
Developer: Bohemia Interactive
Publisher: Bohemia Interactive
Release Date: 29 Jun 2010
Languages: English, Czech, French, Italian, Spanish

Three years after the conflict in Chernarus, portrayed in the original Arma 2, a new flashpoint explodes in the Green Sea Region. Coalition forces led by the US Army are deployed to Takistan to quickly restore peace and prevent further civilian casualties.

PZ

As I recall, the setting was more to my liking than Chernarus for me.  The Chernarus countryside was a bit bland for my taste.  This episode might be worth checking out, particularly since the new nvidia drivers have improved the game play so much.

Tags:
🡱 🡳