Call of Duty 5 - World at War

Started by PZ, June 17, 2009, 05:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

You might consider Wolfenstein when you can get a good price Gord.  I've played both and they w@&k in much the same way (same company) so you will already be accustomed to the controls.  For me, Wolfenstein is even more enjoyable because you really need to think about how to accomplish tasks.  There have already been a couple where I have needed to consult a walk-through in order to get through an area.

nexor

Quote from: PZ on June 30, 2009, 11:42:13 PM
I love war movies.  Among my favorites are "Von Ryan's Express" with Frank Sinatra, "The Longest Day" with an all-star cast, and a great one called "The Train" with a young Burt Lancaster.  Oh, and who can forget the old "Combat" series with Vic Morrow.  Other greats include "Tora, Tora, Tora", "Midway", "The Heroes of Telemark", "The Guns of Navarone" and so many more...

One I realy liked,   "To Hell And Back"  the Autobiograhpy of the actor Audy Murphy, I saw it during my early teens, downloaded it a while back and still liked it.

PZ

Quote from: nexor63 on November 16, 2010, 04:02:55 AM
...One I realy liked,   "To Hell And Back"  the Autobiograhpy of the actor Audy Murphy, I saw it during my early teens, downloaded it a while back and still liked it.
Audie Murphy was the recipient of the United State's highest military decoration, The Medal of Honor.

nexor

I get the impression this is one of those low budget games, or the developers ran out of ideas.   :-\
A few times I got shot and killed by unseen enemies, and the ones you do see are so far and small that they completely blocked out by your rifle sights and by the time you managed to kill him you emptied at least one magazine.   ????
We were working our way towards a checkpoint when suddenly a bunch of enemy soldiers popped out from the grass, caught by surprise I was killed. after reloaded from the last save point I carefully approached the area where these soldiers caught us by surprise    8)
I spotted them in the grass and as any worth his salt soldiers supposed to do I opened fire on them, nothing happened????   then I realised that I have to reach an invisible line before they would become alive and jump us    ::)   

PZ

Unfortunately it is strictly a corridor kind of game with significant limitations imposed by the invisible elements.  While it can be kind of fun the first time through, you have to do it their way.  I may be a bit biased though, because I adore WWII games - I wish there were more that were graphically as nice, yet open world.

nexor

I also love WWII games as much as I love the movies, but I thought the developers of COD would have improved their games by now, i'm playing on easy and so far pushed up more Daisies than in the entire MOH and FC2 combined, anyway I will finish it......... :-\\

Art Blade

ow. Any chance to keep fighting "underground" -- while you're at it? Would save you the trouble of getting burried and exhumed all the time. :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

hey!!! that's an idea   :lamp:  getting killed all the time is hell on my digestive system on account of all the lead I have to swollow     ::)

Art Blade

that qualifies you for submarine deployment. The lead will keep you from surfacing.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Tags:
🡱 🡳