Rusty weapons

Started by JRD, June 12, 2009, 10:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Some powerful weapons only available latter on in Bowa Seko can be found early in Leboa Sako. They are rusty, but can be very useful as your budget is low and good weapons are not available yet.

- Carl G: Safehouse northeast of the slaughter house
- USAS12: Safehouse east of PetroSahel
- AS50: Safehouse west of the guard post by the lake in the northeastern sector
- MGL-140: Safehouse south of the Occidental Growers Co, near an armory
- AR16: Safehouse east of the Northern Railyard.
- M-249 SAW: Safehouse right next / east of Claes Products Chemical Corporation

My loadout for a while was AS50 + makarov (purchased) + Carl G and managed to do two convoy missions and 2 assassination missions, which gave me a good start in diamonds  ;)
Eventually, guns will blow up in your hands, but that's life  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Great post JRD, this is something that I've wanted to do for a while - the only one I remember on a consistent basis is the AS50.  ... and you're correct - using these weapons gives you a good head start on earning diamonds!   :-X

JRD

Actually, I remember your tip on using the AS50 in the beginning and since I just started my 3rd playthrough, I was looking for it.
During my search I bumped into other weapons and decided to post the finding.
I've never seen a gun explode in my hands before... it's so cool... it falls apart with a loud BANG... will get the MGL now to do other convoy missions  ;)

retiredgord

JRD it's cool until you lose and eye.  hahaha. Mine usually goes right in the thick of a battle..one-sided..theirs.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

Thank you so much JRD, I also wanted to post a list of those weaps but every time I thought of it I was already in Bowa... couldn't drag myself to the Leboa just for that  :)

And I remember the most spectacular moment with a rusty mortar (the one you get after you enter Bowa, in the shack with the sand storm blowing outside). I was experimenting with it for the first time and after like 3 rounds it sparked away and I watched my virtual hands flop around and shake like trying to shake off hot coals  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

for those of you who cant live without those weapons found in safe houses, but using the "unlimited reliability" cheat (see Artblades comprehensive cheat post) they will last forever, used it once with the USAS-12 and ran around using it to destroy patrol vehicles (hiding till they drove past, run out behind them and open fire !!! great fun) ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

retiredgord

Art I had that same damn mortar for my mission to get Gakumba.They sure spark and blow up nice.  I don't see those other NASTY mercs stuff do that, only mine.

Art Blade

and mine  ;) I've seen several of those pick-ups blow up right into my face, I remember bunging a fizzling pistol and plonking a spark-spraying AR-16  ;D

oh and regarding the reliability cheat... I found it only works with your own purchased weapons... I've seen quite a few pick-up weaps jam and even dissolve in my hands despite of the cheat.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

oh, sorry, it might of been the trainer i used...
that seemed to w@&k with all weapons. but cant double check cos i'm on 1.3 and trainer for 1.2, will see if can find updated trainer and let you know.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Quote from: retiredgord on June 12, 2009, 05:13:09 PM
Gakumba.

Oh man... now I feel like an idiot... didn't want to correct you Gord... I just thought funny the fact that it sounds like a Brazilian word....

Art Blade

JRD, would you mind explaining this a little more in detail to us, please? Like, with the Brasilian words and so forth? 

<ouch! arhhhouch!> ;D ;D ;D

retiredgord

JRD..the enlarged G was just my way of trying to see if anyone was watching.  Just in jest.  hehehe

Art Blade

retiredgord

Art it was in a post earlier..just after dke replied.  I put a very large G when I mentioned Gakumba cuz I felt silly having used the M.  Anyway it was test and JRD saw it. Don't feel like an idiot..I should but don't.  I thought it was funny that I had seen a previous post spelled correctly and still misspelled it.
It is interesting that a word can have different meanings in different places.

Art Blade

gotcha  ;D ;D ;D ;D (I knew where)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on June 12, 2009, 08:14:33 PM
large G? where?

We don't even know where that "G" is...  What?  Where what "G is? 

retiredgord

I hope I don't hear a merc saying that...I'd probably choke on my Pablum.

Art Blade

PZ's got it right, it was a reference to that. (gord, he's a youngster  ;D )

retiredgord

Quote from: Art Blade on June 15, 2009, 05:02:40 PM
PZ's got it right, it was a reference to that. (gord, he's a youngster  ;D )
Ok Art,what are you up to?

Art Blade

hahahaha!! nothing  ;D just joking, old friend  :) actually I was hoping to get some funny remarks out of you. Seems I blew it  :-[

PZ

retiredgord

Art you didn't blow it. I had a crazy day and had a real brain fart trying to come up with something funny.
"You know you're getting old when"   

Who am I?  What who am I? Who what am I?  Why?
Why are I asking me/who all these questions

Art Blade

Art Blade

JRD, I found a M-249 SAW in a safehouse right next / east of Claes Products Chemical Corporation.

JRD

Thanks... updated the list on first post  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳