Goka Falls bridge collapses...

Started by PZ, June 09, 2009, 07:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

My favorite way to collapse the bridge is always using this method - approaching from the river, go up the hill to kill the merc near the bridge.  Watch for the patrol pattern and then when able, sneak across the bridge and into the building - Kouassi or Gakumba will be standing there like a statue (talk about dumb mercs), allowing me to place several IEDs on the walls of the outer room - then sneak out and across the bridge again.  You can even stand in the doorway and throw a couple into the room with the leader.  Don't go in too far or else he begins shooting and the hornets descend.

If luck is with me, no one will notice and I can kill the faction leader while simultaneously starting the fire that burns the ropes on the lodge side of the gorge.

Art Blade

very stylish and effective  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

KingRat

The last time I ran that mission I took out the guard near the ammo pile, dropped 3 IED's on the bridge (ends & center) then more IED's on the outside wall near ammo pile. Snuck over to the glider and set'em off. When I got the mission ack message I jumped on the glider and went downriver to the safe house (I'd already climbed for the diamond case on my way in)   ;D

Art Blade

;D

When I started this playthrough I went through Leboa systematically collecting all diamonds, so that mission was my second visit to Goka Falls, time to sneak away and go on towards Bowa :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Quote from: KingRat on January 21, 2010, 02:31:40 PM
The last time I ran that mission I took out the guard near the ammo pile, dropped 3 IED's on the bridge (ends & center) then more IED's on the outside wall near ammo pile. Snuck over to the glider and set'em off. When I got the mission ack message I jumped on the glider and went downriver to the safe house (I'd already climbed for the diamond case on my way in)   ;D
True James Bond style, nice one. :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

fragger

@PZ and KingRat, very slick approaches both :-X :-X

Quote from: RedRaven on January 22, 2010, 06:02:39 AM

"The name's Rat. KING Rat". ;D

JRD

Quote from: fragger on January 23, 2010, 01:15:30 AM

Muahuahuahuahuahuahu  :-X :-X :-X ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

KingRat

Quote from: fragger on January 23, 2010, 01:15:30 AM

;D ;D

PZ

Gakumba met his end in the Goka Falls lodge last night, as did many of his acquaintances (he doesn't have any friends).  He was very upset when I tossed a couple of IEDs into his room, and plastered 4 more on his walls.  He and his colleagues kept firing at me for some reason as I left via the suspension bridge.

As I touched off the IED packs, several angry men attacked me from behind - unfortunately I'd not taken them out when I was at the river, and they evidently came up to investigate the party sounds.

Art Blade

I love to use the hang glider to get away, but I never left any mercs alive.. killing my way up, around, and halfway down, then, in peace and quiet, glide away.  :)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on January 20, 2011, 02:06:52 PM
... in peace and quiet, glide away.  :)
Peace and the relatively quiet sounds of nature are two of my favorite things to experience when not giving nor receiving lead. ;)

fragger

As I recall, the last time I did the Goka Falls mission I got whacked at the end of the bridge opposite the lodge and Flora had to come and rescue me (I was on Infamous). But it worked out OK - while I dealt with the mercs swarming around the lodge after topping Gakumba, Flora was covering my back against the mugs that come up the footpath from the rear. She then proceeded to help out with the mercs at the other end of the bridge. Between us we made short w@&k of them all, especially when I managed to give five of them their comeuppances all at once with a round from my M-79, which I'd found still lying conveniently near end of the bridge where I'd dropped it. One of these characters took a spectacular dive over the fence and went sailing down into the gorge. Pity he was no longer alive enough to get a buzz out of it >:D

Apart from the time spent being dragged to safety by Flora, I think it was the quickest I've ever gotten through that scrap :-X

Incidentally, those guys that come up behind seem to be some kind of a random spawn. I've still had them hassle me from behind even after I've taken out the guys at the river, but not always. Never been able to figure out the story there...

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on January 22, 2011, 04:18:30 AMOne of these characters took a spectacular dive over the fence and went sailing down into the gorge. Pity he was no longer alive enough to get a buzz out of it >:D

^+-+ ^+-+ ^+-+

What I do is to get rid of them all: First drive up to the shack down at the water (a few guys there), that may attract mercs from the other side of the river, they come downhill,  kill them if they show. Then I go back and use the other way around to get to the mansion from the back side, kill everyone on my way up. Then I blow the mansion and kill everyone who spawns there, and then finish the story by killing those who come running from the other side of the gore towards the mansion using the bridge. Like that, I usually don't see anyone else any more (no one left who was late for the party) :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳