Goka Falls bridge collapses...

Started by PZ, June 09, 2009, 07:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hacko

Quote from: JRD on July 03, 2009, 08:36:08 AM
Quote from: Hacko on July 02, 2009, 11:55:29 AM
None of the merc's can swim, they sink to the bottom faster than a rock. ;D The merc's must not have been paying attention in swim class. ;D

Funny stuff happened yesterday. I was scanning the GP at NE Bowa, the one by the lake. Mercs didn't know I was there so I could watch their natural behaviour. One of them was by the lake, slowly walking... walking... walking into the lake to sink and never be seen again..... huahuahuahuahahuafhehufasçrohg... what an AD moment  ;D ;D

I had something similar happen to me awhile ago.
I was checking out a GP across the river from me, sniped one of the mercs with the dart rifle, causing the rest of the mercs to start searching for me. One of the mercs started heading for the river banks looking. As he got close to the edge of the riverbank, he failed to notice the overhang he was standing on, and promtly walked off the overhang, straight into the river. He sank like a stone and never surfaced. I was laughing hard after that one. :-X

Art Blade

[smg id=1497 align=center width=400]

just burnt down the police station bridge :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Excellent - I thought the two bridges were similar enough so that both should collapse - good find!  :-X

Art Blade

cheers :)

Only I never knew how RedRaven managed to collapse a flight of stairs back then. Red, if you read this, remember that? How you did that?

[smg id=642 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Red, do you remember? Those stairs? I had hoped for an answer as I'd like to do it myself :)

mandru

I'm drawing a total blank with those stairs Art. Do you have any idea where they are located?
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

No. The only stairs I know that look somewhat like that are in Leboa, Private Property. But for some reasons, Mr Red doesn't answer our calls  :)

RedRaven, heeeeeelp!  ;D

RedRaven

At the moment I'm struggling to remember where that pic was taken ::) .

If it is the Goka Falls bridge, then I have a very dim and distant recollection of it being done by an IED or three ;D . (but don't quote me on that !, will try and get clarification on it)

- not that it helps much, but its Andre with a Dragunov SVD :)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

you originally tried to post that pic there: omg RUN

Art Blade

The "problem" is, you called that screenshot "stairway" -- that's what made me think those were stairs. But reading on in that link above, you refer to Goka, apparently... so it's a misunderstanding, most likely, and it IS the bridge :)

Art Blade

Art Blade

I believe I know how you did that, Red. :) See this:

[smg id=1873 align=center width=400]

RedRaven

That looks like the one, it was night time when I did it, hence the dark picture. Nice one Art :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

mandru

So what was the sequence of events that caused the bridge to snap back onto the shoulder of the crevasse like that instead of falling down into it?  Did you do something special t get that effect or was it just a weird bit of game physics?

Also, cool new avatar Art.  :-X
- mandru

JRD

An IED set in the middle of the bridge, maybe?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

It involved at least 2 IED's, pretty sure was trying to stop guys coming over the bridge, not realising it was destructable terrain, but cant recall exactly what I did as was under heavy fire at the time. Think was unintentional, just happened to pause for a second to take the image then back to ducking bullets ;D

mandru

;D :-X

Ah, thanks for the reply RedRaven. Your comment reminded me of a poster one of my bosses from long ago had hanging in his office.

"When you are up to your a$$ in alligators, it's sometimes difficult to remember that your original objective was to drain the swamp."
- mandru

Art Blade

thanks for the comment on the avatar, something I created playing around with irfanView :)

Thanks for the comment on the screenshot :)

It is simple, and indeed "a weird bit of game physics" -- first I torched the bridge (by the way, never managed to blow it up with IEDs, as far as I know one end of the bridge "needs" fire to collapse, if the ropes catch alight) which cracked and fell down as expected. Then I saved the game because I wanted to experiment with the mercs (merc war) and everytime I reloaded, the game created yet another form of weird bridge sculpture :)

RedRaven

Quote from: mandru on January 20, 2010, 09:46:54 AM
"When you are up to your a$$ in alligators, it's sometimes difficult to remember that your original objective was to drain the swamp."

hahahaha :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: RedRaven on January 20, 2010, 06:28:37 AM
It involved at least 2 IED's

I was just thinking, IEDs can cause fire (if you blow them up in dry grass, a fire will spread) so maybe that happened there in the right spot :)

PZ

Either that or a fire somehow started in the lodge which then started the collapse of the bridge, and as the ropes broke, the IEDs simultaneously detonated which threw the planking up into the air.   :-X

JRD

You guys are quite amazing...
Once I tried to set the bridge on fire with a  molotov but never been successfull  :(
Else, I'm always in the middle of a nasty firefight and killing everyone around is always the objective, so everytime I try to collapse that damn bridge its no funny at all!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Tags:
🡱 🡳