Merc War - Mercs vs Mercs, real firefight <incl savegame>

Started by Art Blade, June 02, 2009, 01:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Quote from: PZ on June 02, 2009, 08:26:42 PM
Quote from: JRD on June 02, 2009, 03:03:51 PM
I read on ubi's site a guy saying ha approached a GP at night and fired the flare up in the sky. He then moved away as the guards came to check and passed through the unmanned GP with no problems.
He was using the flare as a decoy while he passed unnoticed  :o
Tried a lot, but no good  :(

Here's a twist - you've all experienced the mercs firing a flare pistol from time to time, correct?  Maybe that is the time you can also fire a flare and confuse the mercs - they might come running to your location instead of the other merc's.

Let me know if you can make them run to your position, I gave up trying  :(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Hey Art,
I just loaded the game but it starts me off at the safe house near the northwest bus stop - am I supposed to drive to the cock fight arena?

Art Blade

really?

I shall check and test, and report back... sounds like something got mixed up.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

you were right. Now it's the right save :) Link updated (old download deleted)

In the heat of the fight, the exitement... you know... LOL
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

As the AI is not scripted, it is interesting to reload that save a couple of times. Sometimes the mercs are pro-active, sometimes you want to do something to get the action going (on). Most of the times I reloaded it, a couple of mercs shot themselves, and a few remained. Once they completely killed each and everyone but me  ;D

The GPMercs seem to have an invisible line they don't cross, unless a CockFightMerc gets quite close and/or starts shooting. Mostly the CFM go to that border and then the GPM start shooting. Sometimes the GPM went exploring and searched the area to the far right of your position.

If you think there are some mercs left on both sides, try to trick them. If you shoot at them (with cheat), they might "accuse" the other party  ;D

RedRaven

got me a flare gun skulked near a few GP creating pretty fireworks for them and NOTHING they spent most of their time having a piss !!!
figuerded if they enjoyed it so much gave them some little fires to put out...

My conclusion - they all must REALLY REALLY hate each other cos they dont even try putting them out when you light up their mates (rotten scum, burnings too good for em)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

the only problem is, that despite of hating each other, the only one who gets it all is the player.

Except of course, MercWar  ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

Another thing to try with the savegame:

Walk silently between the ranks of one of the parties while they're fighting each other. It's like being one of them, or they being on your side. Quite fun  :)

Art Blade

I just downloaded the file and was wondering, why doesn't it read "rv.1" - I had the zip fixed? now redone everything again. Renamed the zip to make sure. Uploaded. Downloaded.

NOW it's the right file. I'm sorry about the confusion.

Art Blade

Apparently I had some issues with page updates with my browser, and I was probably too tired :) There was another topic I didn't even know I had started it. Tsss... :)

Ok, back to the fun now.  :-X :)

RedRaven

this is so much fun.... sat watchin it with my son, just reload every time it goes quiet.
like a very sureal game of suicide-tennis. :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

:) glad that you and your son like it.

Funny thing to compare it with a tennis match, but yes... there is an invisible net... and they "return" fire... and then it goes all John McEnroe style

"Chalk dust"
"The ball was in"
There was chalk dust!"
"Warning."
"You cannot be serious!"

;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

Quote from: spaceboy on June 02, 2009, 07:39:07 PMaarrggh I'm so jealous I'm not on PC, I would love to see this ... it sounds so cool.

Spaceboy (and anyone with console)

You can do it.

I started a game without any cheats (on Easy) and drove to the nearby safehouse. You should know it, it's in that small valley, like a vineyard, where you had to go during one of the tutorials, right next to CockFights. (On a sidenote, there I blew myself up and Frank came to rescue me, from Bowa! lol) The safehouse is where you save it, of course, and then you drive with your car (or the one that is parked there, depending on your game progress) up that small track to the vista point where you can map the area of CockFights.

I used IEDs, MP5 and Dart. I stuck one IED to the car, drove up the track, got out (and got detected by the GP). I ran for cover in the bushes, on that knoll, and the GPMercs chased after me "where is he?!" "He's there, he's there!" shooting.

Just to make sure, I blew the IED and car, so every merc in the area would come check it out.

Then the CockFightMercs woke up "did you catch that?" and started running towards the GPM, and the GPM started shooting the CFM. Me? Hiding... no cheats to save my virtual a$$ in a gang bang  ;D But I did have a look through the bushes and watched the two gangs finishing themselves off  :)

You should try it  ;D

PC players:
new download without cheats available (MercWar2).

PZ

Yeah, spaceboy, I started a merc war first on the PS3!

Interestingly, I just had the opportunity to go through the cock fight arena again, so I planned on starting a war.  Was successful, but there were a couple of mercs shooting at me.  After I did away with them, up pops this message that I've unlocked a safe house!  Apparently the mercs at the safe house to the north of the area heard the commotion, and came down to investigate and got caught up in the fire fight.  This is the first time I've had mercs from 3 different areas converge on the fight.

Art Blade

JRD

You see... during early playthroughs, I believe most of us would do anything NOT to draw too much attention in order to keep mercs away... and see where we are now... doing all the ruckus we can to draw as many mercs to our position as possible  ;)

Art Blade

so true, especially Cock Fights... imagine a first through, just after the start, you go on your rescue mission, and start a war!  ;D

PZ

Interesting points - I was just thinking this morning how easy it is go navigate through the FC2 world these days due primarily to the experience gained playing the game for so long.  JRD is correct; when I first started playing, I slept until night, did my best to remain stealthy, and tried to melt into the scenery.

Now, I'm in a Unimog and when I approach a GP, I equip the .50 and try to take out the mercs with single shots from a distance most of the time quite successfully.

JRD

Thats my point... I just try stealth for the fun of getting the job done unseen, whereas in the beginning I was really hiding.
Now, most of the time I'm loud... I don't tap mercs on the shoulder, I use a sledgehammer  ;D ;D ;D

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: JRD on June 11, 2009, 11:14:47 AM
Now, most of the time I'm loud... I don't tap mercs on the shoulder, I use a sledgehammer  ;D ;D ;D

I use the grenade truck to tap them on the shoulder,  8)
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

hahaha!!  you guys  :-X

Man, so true... I remember when I started my very first fight inside a cease fire zone, Pala, during an assessination mission. I was hiding in a bush, my heart racing, some mercs around me, and I spent like an hour hiding and crawling until I finally escaped! :)

PZ

You guys hesitate stealing the diamonds in the restricted area of Pala when you first started playing?  I did - now I regularly go in to steal those two diamonds - usually can do so without starting a fight, but if I do, I just run away!

Art Blade

Actually no, the first time in Pala I noticed the blinking LED on my GPS and thought hell, looks easy... snuck around and grabbed it. Unnoticed. The angst came later  ;D

retiredgord

Yeah sneaking in to the garage to get one of them is a fun thing in itself.  I waited till the merc nearby wandered away for a pee or smoke or whatever then just crouched low , snuck in and the gem was mine.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

RedRaven

the 2 in Pala are so easy the APR guy even stands and watches half the time - kind o why did first "comic" on them cos i reckon some players out there will be avoiding them 'on pain of death' but no need ;D

coincidently the UFLL one is where the guy having a piss gave me Heart faliure 1st time i went to grab that diamond...

Tags:
🡱 🡳