Duke Nukem Forever

Started by black.penta, May 31, 2009, 05:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Oh, I have thrown away the freeze gun in favour of my favourite loadout.  :)

By the way, shrunk enemies can be stomped by simply walking over them, I just found out.  :-()

D_B, that's not really a problem. You'll find most of the weapons lying around almost everywhere, except perhaps a devastator or freeze ray. Pigcops drop weapons, typically the Ripper and pipe bombs. You'll frequently find small crates to smash open, filled with random auxiliary stuff such as holodukes, pipe bombs and laser mines. A lot of the environment, preferably lockers, contain all sorts of stuff, often a pistol, beer, pipe bombs and the likes. Random dead bodies usually have random weapons on the floor next to them, like an RPG (rocket launcher) or a shotgun. Aliens usually drop different kinds of lasers. Sometimes you'll see a lone weapon like a rail gun leaning against a wall or on top of a shelf. Sometimes you'll find freeze ray guns or shrink guns lying around, particularly in rooms a little away from the main path (keep exploring).  :)

[smg id=3453 type=link align=center width=500 caption="DNF 021"]

A funny way to kill enemies: Fork them with a fork lifter.  :-D

[smg id=3454 type=link align=center width=500 caption="DNF 022"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Hehe  :-D

[smg id=3455 type=link align=center width=500 caption="DNF 023"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

fragger

Two questions, Duke - er, Art :-()

One: What does beer do? In the game, I mean - I know all too well what it does in reality...

Two: In your last pic, were you actually able to write your name and OWG on the whiteboard with those markers I can see? How cool is that! :-X

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on June 23, 2011, 12:00:16 AM
The gun fragger was referring to is indeed called "Devastator."

That's it! :) As I recall, the three-barrelled gun in D3D was also called the Ripper.

I'm with D_B - you shouldn't be limited to just two weapons in a game like this. It detracts from the character of a DN game to allow real-world logic to stick its ugly head in.

Art Blade

Although I fail to see why Fiach is crying (maybe my handwriting was unpleasant to his eye) the game indeed features interactive whiteboards with differently coloured markers and a sponge to wipe them clean with. So yes, I indeed wrote OWG and ART on the board in game  ;D There is one part in the game when a little boy hands over a book by Duke Nukem ("Why I'm So Great") to Duke Nukem (the player) to get an autograph. You can then sign the book and give it back to the boy. The first time I wrote "Duke" but I thought it over and instead wrote "f@#k you" in it and gave it back to the little annoying brat ^+-+

Beer gives you a short time of damage resistance (taking less damage) and combined with steroids (harder punches) it puts you in berserk mode  >:D

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on June 24, 2011, 07:49:08 AM
Although I fail to see why Fiach is crying (maybe my handwriting was unpleasant to his eye)

Because you're playing it and I'm not  :D  ^+-+

Went to get Shadow of the Damned today, but it wasnt available, so I got F3ar (Fear 3), love that series :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Ah, alright mate  ^+-+ Be quick about it so you may get your itching mitts on DNF a little sooner :-D

I've finished the game now, on Easy, just to find out that the goodies (unlock cheat codes, then visible and available in the Options) require a playthrough on Normal difficulty. Gaaah.  :D

However, the game is so much fun that I'll be right back into it, on normal, this time  ;D

Art Blade

OK, as you can see, the time the clock on the wall displays is accurate (just taken the screenshot).
[smg id=3456 type=link align=center width=500 caption="DNF 024"]

Oh, and then I hit "E" as in "Even better than microwaving that rat." :-D
[smg id=3457 type=link align=center width=500 caption="DNF 025"]

Art Blade

Hello Binnatics, by the way. I was just editing the second line for the second pic, better check it again  ;)

Binnatics

Hahaha, you damn allseeer!!  :-X
Indeed, I was just up to commenting the amount of blood slanging around by, I allready got the picture, the exploding rat ;)

It more and more seems to me as a must-have, this DNF. Really cool stuff there.

Question: Did anybody ever shrink YOU? And what's the world like when you are small?

Maybe you can even enter small holes or something, where extra-super-mega-extremely dangerous weapons may be hidden  :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I'll probably pick it up this weekend, if there's still a copy at best buy, sometimes they run out (I got the last copy of Portal 2 on the shelf) though I'm still playing Crysis 2, and trying to get back to Minecraft a bit. I finally did finish all the single player achievements in Portal 2 as well. Just need to see if coop can w@&k on my connection. Was it you, Art, that volunteered to help me through that? I guess I need a steam "friend" to hook up with, I don't want to try to hook up to someone random when I don't know how my connection will w@&k. I think we may have a time zone problem in getting together, unless you don't mind staying up to 4AM (or getting up early) to play.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Binnatics

Did you check Art's Signature? The timezone shouldn't be a problem  :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Binnatics :-()

You never get shrunk by anybody. There are "devices," however, that look a little like small green volcanos you are required to step on at certain waypoints and they will shrink you. That indeed is needed to reach areas you couldn't otherwise. Later there will be other devices that revert the effect. I'll post a few screenies when I'm shrunk again :)

D_B, come get some  :-D I'm usually up until the wee hours on most of the weekends  ;) Regarding steam friends: there is a post here on this forum about our OWG steam group which you might want to check out :)

And now another head-banger that rewards you with an achievement called "Nobody Likes a Whiner"  ;D

[smg id=3458 type=link align=center width=500 caption="DNF 026"]

Art Blade

Being shrunk is like this:

[smg id=3459 type=link align=center width=500 caption="DNF 027"]

Binnatics

Art Blade

That's probably what she thought, too :-()

[smg id=3460 type=link align=center width=500 caption="DNF 028"]

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on June 24, 2011, 12:49:31 AM
Two questions, Duke - er, Art :-() [...]

LOL that actually sparked an idea.. at least temporarily, I changed my name  :-()

Art Blade

By the way, finishing the game on any difficulty level does unlock a couple of extras. These contain concept art, screenshots that had been leaked, trailers that had been published once in a while, duke's voice: one-liners and, very interesting, a time line of the events between the release of D3D and DNF.

What you can read there is very interesting. For example, what I didn't know, Gearbox was founded by former employees of 3D Realms who created D3D and started to create DNF.

Art Blade

fragger

I was in town this morning and decided to pick up DNF was I in was there - unfortunately, they'd all sold out already. But I've got my order in, should get it during the week :-X Looking forward to hanging out with my old mate Duke again :-()

The guy in the shop gave me a piece of advice. He told me that once I'm on Steam and the install begins, I should immediately cancel the install there and then begin installing it from the disk - otherwise Steam will begin downloading eight gigabites of stuff. That would use up about four months of my DL allocation in one go and would probably take a couple of days through my sluggish connection, provided it doesn't drop out (yeah right). :o ::)

Steam has its pros and cons, but when it does this sort of stuff I absolutely despise it >:((

Art Blade

First: yay, you're in!  :-()

Second: Wow. Eight gigs sounds like a lot.  I always check what steam is doing when it does anything during installations, which it always does, and I shrug it off because I've got a flat rate and a fast connection. To me it was nothing but a very small nuisance that took around five minutes. You're right, with a slow bandwidth and  limited data transfer volumes you're proper screwed.

I think D_B will take the same line, you're not alone..

Binnatics

Yeeeeehah, good choice Fragger!!!!

I had the same idea and.... bought the game!!!!

BIG'    'GRIN

B                   N
       I                  I
         G            R
                G                                  >:D

Binnatics

Suddenly had an idea. And the most funny thing of all: OWG engine must have completely onderstood.
This is the line I got when the damage was done:
"Successfully changed Duke's title to The Duke'inator "  ^+-+ ^+-+ ^+-+

Binnatics

What the f..... I must have changed someone else's title... Doesn't w%&k  >:((

Edit: Well, did it again and this time it worked. Hade to leave the "duke" part in the name  ^-^
OWG engine has its peculiarities sometimes :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳