Duke Nukem Forever

Started by black.penta, May 31, 2009, 05:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

It worked :-X And, <in a Duke voice> "HEHEHE"  ^+-+
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

By the way, peeps.. the last lines in the game, when the Hoover Dam got blown up, a satellite image is shown with Duke's status "K.I.A." on it, is Duke's voice going, "what kind of s#!t ending is this, I'm coming back for more!"

So.. looks like we'll get a DN5  :) :) :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I think this message would fit perfactly in a brand-new toppic called Duke-o-rama ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Art Blade

you've got a new title as well, mate  :-()

Binnatics

Yeah, checked that! Cool!!
I found another title for Fragger as well :) We Duke's Brothers should all have some sort of Duke'anatic look  ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

8) :-D Binnatics!

Maybe we should all get crewcuts, buff up on steroids and form a rock band - we could call ourselves The Dukie Brothers :-D

Art Blade

fragger aka ThunDuke ^+-+ :-X and Dukeman and Duke'inator, we now need Duke_Benthos  :-()

The Nukie-Dukie Brothers  :-D

Fiach

Art will probably be the only reviewer, that gets a copy of the next DUKE game, to review, judging by Dukes current PR company :

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/06/duke-nukems-pr-threatens-to-punish-sites-that-run-negative-reviews.ars?comments=1#comments-bar
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Interesting read (from top) as it states what I have been observing in various industries and businesses. However, there are certain rules to play by, and acting on negative emotions is not professional (in that case, the industry telling publicly that there will be sanctions and embargoes if the reviews had been bad). And it doesn't help if you apologise later, the damage can't be undone. If it wasn't a display of hurt personal feelings then it was extremely aggressive politics. They did what had to be done in that case: Release the culprit (fired him, stopped working with that company).

There was one line I liked: "Duke Nukem Forever is the definition of a release that's critic-proof—but no one feels good when their game is beaten up so badly by the reviews." Agree, and agree.

At least here at OWG we are independent, and at least I am not a professional reviewer, so we all can afford to freely write what we like (or dislike) and I hope our visitors and members enjoy that fact.  :)

Fiach

The Dukes of Nookie :)  :-[ >:D 8-X
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Binnatics

The Dukie Brothers!! That's great!!!  :-X  ^+-+

If I were the lead singer I would howl: " Ohhohoooooo, listen to the gunfire, Ohohoooooo, listen to the gunfire, Ohohoooooo, listen to the gunfire, praise the Duuuuuuuuuke, come on, let the bomb explode"

>:D

Art Blade

"Goulash!" :-()
[smg id=3461 type=link align=center width=500 caption="DNF 029"]

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, hopefully, I can grab it today at best buy if they haven't sold out. I just love it how you can buy a game on disk, install it, then steam says it needs to download several gigs of data, what the heck was on the disc I just bought?

Any online gaming may have to wait for winter when the leaves are off the trees and I get a better wireless signal... or I extend my antenna mast a few more feet, don't know if that will help of not....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Binnatics

Hope you be able to purchase it D_B, and hope that steam won't spanner in the straw.
If it's only the leaves that cut you off the internet, let's cut some trees  >:D

Art Blade

Binnatics

I just killed the "queen bitch", a huge creature with 3 titties and some nasty testicles. Art advised me on using the pipebombs through some oyster-trampoline-creatures, which would bounce the pipebombs into here face  >:D
That worked out nice but when I finally got her on her knees, I think that took me at least a dosen times, I forgot to finish her off. So the whole battle started over again. She regained half of her heath and I was forced to shoot some more RPG rockets at her face. Then, when she was on her knees again, I had the idea of finishing her off, like I did to the first boss. That was the ticket. What followed was an enormous explosion and Duke, falling behind, raising his middle finger to the monster.   :-X
I got an achievement called "not bad for a human" ;)

Art Blade

Hehe :) Yes, I wrote about level bosses earlier because I had the same problem: I didn't realise that you have to "manually" finish them off. The only exception to that rule (and to the rule that only turrets and explosives kill a boss) is on The Shrunk Machine level.

By the way, another hint in the game that there will be a sequel: One of the friendly soldiers dies and Duke goes, "guess he won't be in the sequel." :-() :-X

Art Blade

Finished my 2nd playthrough and got all achievements (but two, hard core and insane difficulty playthrough awards, I don't think I want to get those).

Finally the cheats are unlocked and now I enjoy unlimited ammo (and unlimited power-ups like Holoduke and steroids etc)  :) Even more fun  :-()

Art Blade

Duking it out  ;D (Holoduke vs shrunk alien)

[smg id=3466 type=link align=center width=500 caption="DNF 030"]

Art Blade

Funny Moments

When about to pick up a rat from the floor, mind your steps. I've stomped out a few of those little rodents by pure accident. Before I could microwave or squeeze them.  :-()

The freeze ray gun allows for three funny things (if you find time for that).

1) Freeze an unsuspecting enemy, then immediately drop a laser trip mine in front of him (or throw it at him, it will stick to his body). Observe from due distance.  :-D

2) Flying enemies will stop flying when hit. Instead, they'll drop and shatter.  >:D

3) Freeze moving enemies to achieve interesting stills for your studies. See pic.  :-D

[smg id=3467 type=link align=center width=500 caption="DNF 031"]

Art Blade

FUEL? No. Duke.  :)

[smg id=3468 type=link align=center width=500 caption="DNF 032"]

Dweller_Benthos

Got it yesterday, as Art knows (nice chatting! hope you got some sleep) and it still downloaded ~350MB, but at least I didn't have to haul my computer to a friend's house with DSL to do it. Took some time, but it finished. Had fun fooling around in the hotel before going to the talk show, took forever to sink all the balls on the pool table, there's no way to vary the shot power, so the cue ball is constantly scratching. Got the ego boost eventually, though. Same goes for the weight room, but I didn't get the hang of the pinball machine enough I don't think, and I wanted to get on with it. Best thing was microwaving the popcorn, then the rat, hehe. Splat.

Oh yeah, the "Turd Burglar" achievement cracked me up, "Oh man, this is gross!" then I threw it at the guard in the other room, but he didn't react.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

When Binnatics threw it at the guard (I know because we were chatting) I thought his mindset might be working differently somehow because I didn't think of it. Now that you did it too, I think that my  mindset might be working differently somehow.  :-() And yes, nice chat (if short) and yes, I did get some sleep. At w@&k.  8-X ;)

Alright, now we're getting quite a gang together playing DNF.. fragger about to join, and who knows who's next..

How about we start a DNF board, guys? :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳