FC2 Members Server

Started by DKM2, May 24, 2009, 05:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

the fw log settings were already set (done that some time ago)

found the "Ereignisanzeige" (translates to event display, haha). Ah, long time no see... anything you'd do there? I mean, that is basically showing everything my machine did, does or will do, even  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yes, it shows everything that your compute does - it shows in time order what activities were done by various Windows processes - 4 categories, I think: application, system, security, and Internet.  You could clear all events (save them before if you like) and then start FC2 MP.  When it fails, exit the game and immediately check the event viewer to see what happened.  If you see yellow or red icons, then check those - they are things that were either warnings (yellow) or something that failed (red).  This might give a lead or two as to where to start looking.

Art Blade

thanks, sounds sound :) Will check a little later.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

Something I didn't know, if the game is full it doesn't show on the list.
So if you don't see it, doesn't mean its not running, just check back.
people come and go, but its been mostly full all day today.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

I've seen that too, on my many attempts, that your server is popular :)

Meanwhile, I cleared the event logs, started FC2, tried to connect... and quit FC2. The even logs are still empty. Maybe need to customise the event viewer's options (I just used those default values).

DKM2

Captain Obvious says, "your missing something"

sorry Art, don't know what else to do....
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

me neither, and don't be sorry. I don't think it is your fault, is it  ;D

PZ

One of these days the solution will occur to us and we'll kick ourselves for being stupid.

DKM, how's the game play been going on your server - people behaving themselves and not pulling pranks?

DKM2

yeah PZ, seems pretty cool, haven't had a bad time yet

PZ

Cool... will have to join a session soon...

PZ

Hey DKM,
Just tried to log into your server and the old message "Cannot join the match at this time" pops up - shows 0/16.

PS: I created a new identity with the DLC registration code - my online persona is primary6pz9

Art Blade

DKM2

ya, try now, I reset it.
I don't have a static IP, so if and when I lose
connection for any reason, that happens.

PZ

Yes I did; just waiting for the proper opportunity!   :-X

To clear up confusion of those reading this post - Art suggested the identity "6pz9" because the 6P9 is my favorite weapon - unfortunately the Ubi account names need to start with a letter so I had to come up with something slightly different - because I mainly use the 6P9 as my "primary" weapon, the name kind of fits.

DKM2

It would seem that if nobody is playing for a few hours,
my IP gets renewed, and it changes.
Then you can still see it, but it doesn't w@&k.

PZ

I see... is it your router that is issuing the IP, or something else that you have no control over?  How about issuing periodic "keep alive" signals?

DKM2

Its set it to "keep connected" but it doesn't, so I think its the ISP that does it.
Lease time expires, looks like 2 hours of inactivity.
Soooooo, I installed an auto-ping app to keep poking at it once and while to reset the timer.
That'll fix'm, I hope, will see later if stayed alive all day.
I suspect that because it was alive all weekend, but people were playing 24/7 too.

PZ

Excellent w@&k - I think that your keep alive ping applet just might w@&k.

You've done a great job with this server DKM2 - congratulations are in order!   :-X

Art Blade

Indeed, thanks for all the hard w@&k, DKM2  :-X

DKM2

nobody has joined a game cept me in the last 12 hrs, so I wonder if people can.
too bad there's no way to tell if there are atempts to join so I could tell.
Same settings I had on the weekend when it was working great, I'd hate to change anything now.

Going to leave it off for the day, can somebody commit to do some testing tonight. 6-10pm est.

Art Blade

I'd be more than happy to do so, but you know... connection probs myself  :( Anyway, I wish you the best of luck, don't give up  :-X Sometimes there simply is no one connecting. If the server was working, it still should.

DKM2

Just a little frustrating not having any feedback, because I know others with servers say
they sometimes wait an hour before they can get people in a game.
When you see a game that's 0/16 why join, nobody is there. But some people do.
I got another idea thou to try out tonight.

I just need a system to get it going every time without guessing, is it up or not.

Btw, big rumors on ubi boards about a patch real soon, with improvements to the
Server Launcher. (patch is finished, just working on the installer)

PZ

Cool - I'll make it a point to get on this morning before I head to town - 7am here right now - will get on before noon.

SoulFallen

I hadn't been around for the past week or so and won't be on FC2 for about a week more......

Have to build a website for my dad -_-

DKM2

Quote from: PZ on June 03, 2009, 07:08:06 AM
Cool - I'll make it a point to get on this morning before I head to town - 7am here right now - will get on before noon.
don't bother, I shut it down for the day.
I'll be back at it later about 6pm est (3pm pst?)

Tags:
🡱 🡳