Some starter tips for first time MP players.

Started by DKM2, May 19, 2009, 01:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Whatever you want to use, better get yourselves informed regarding security issues. Ventrilo is notorious for that matter. You may want to be especially careful with user-created add-ons and scripts. I used to use different clients, among which Ventrilo, but have restrained myself from using any client for a long time now. File-sharing using such clients may be out of reach of your antivirus programs and/or firewall, a scan "on demand" may reduce risks, though.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

Not sure that I want to do a lot of talking while playing, can't even stand
to be on the phone for more than a few minutes.

I use ventrilo, but I have a local server setup and only use it for LAN games.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Pac!ent

I think that Team Speak is still the best tool for online voice communication during game :)
I use it for years and never had one single issue ;)

Jim di Griz

A belated thanks for the tips DKM  :-X

I jumped on for a PS3 Team Deathmatch session yesterday for the first time, not really expecting there to be any players. I was pleasantly surprised  :)

We only had two teams of four and I'm not sure if levelling is in play but most were levels 1-5 with a level 25 in there too. That of course could be something to do with FC3 coming out soon, a revived interest sort of thing.

Anyway, I managed eight kills, which is a winning streak as far as my past MP efforts in other games is concerned  :-() There was a lot of RPG fire but not all of the time. I also didn't look too deeply into the class options - once I saw the Uzi I was out there  ^-^

I'll definitely be dropping in again for more MP soon.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳