Started by RedRaven, May 14, 2009, 03:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjb69@hotmail.com

Super job :)

I spend most my time on full out using

Mac10/Uzi,
Golden AK47/G3/AR-16
Crossbow/PKM/SAW depending on area.

Also collect all the diamonds as I enter new area to increase the number of firefights.

Currently keeping the first Unimog for South and first Unimog in the North forces me not use the bus.

Not yet had nerve to go infamous :-[ but do it on normal.

Apart from F.E.A.R. and all its variants I am addicted to Farcry probably need counselling ;D

Would like to make videos can you advise software needed for capturing the vids.

Art Blade

regarding vid software, there are too many posts scattered across the forum to give you one single good read, and I had to be careful picking a quote because you are on the PC (whereas many vids were taken from PS3 using different methods). MadCat1968 did great vids on his PC:

Quote from: MadCat1968 on April 12, 2009, 05:57:41 PM
Hi, I'm MadCat a regular FarCry2 forummer at "forums.ubi.com".

My interest in FarCry2 was rekindled with my interest in creating short movies showing how to get some of the more difficult diamonds. This video shows what is possible given the 1GB 10 minute video upload constraints of YouTube.  I was able to capture a complete mission plus the buddy subverted mission with a bonus "pill" run at the end. The secret is to speed up the video 2x and do only what is absolutely necessary to complete the missions.

I used fraps, virtualdub and ffmpeg software to create the full length featured movie.

Hope you like it.

FarCry2 - "Radio Armageddon"
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Marty quickstart after tutorial AND all Leboa weapons

Why not?  ;D Have fun.

By the way, this is what I usually do, cheat me some diamonds and then use the weapons unlock cheat. I thought you might like that, too, without having to w@&k your way through how to actually get 500 diamonds into your game from start. Now weapons and upgrades worth around 500 diamonds are in your armoury  ;)

From the download page (I spared a readme):

QuoteHello OWG fans,

This is for those of you who would like a decent start.

Tutorial is finished, you are Marty, best buddy is Josip, rescue buddy is Paul. You'll find yourself in the armoury at Mike's in Leboa, and all weapons are already on the walls, fully upgraded (worth about 500 diamonds, hehe) and your loadout and ammo crates prepared.

You have 1 diamond cash, lol :)

I used ArtMoney (nothing to do with me) to cheat diamonds, I also used the weapons unlock cheat, then saved. Now you can play without trainer or cheats, a regular game, only you already have all Leboa weapons and all available upgrades at your disposal.

Have fun :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I initially intended to upload a save with 500 diamonds, wrote a readme of how I like to cheat me diamonds and then use the weapons unlock cheat. After experimenting with and without cheats, I realised you needed the cheat to be activated, or the arms dealer's PC wouldn't allow you to access all Leboa weapons. Then I realised my folder was not sorted by date... a strange feeling crept up my spine... I checked the savegame I had just uploaded and oh dear, it was just a random save. Probably one from in the middle of the tutorial, lol  ;D

Well, obviously I needed to delete the first uploaded save. Then I fixed it, and here you are ;)

Art Blade

Alright, people, here is something for you to download that is the exact opposite:

ART BLADE 2

Ready to play freely with the following attributes:

- All weapons fully upgraded and ready-to-go in your armoury, including the golden AK47 which is in a crate there.
- Reputation level 4 (because one extra buddy in Bowa rescued) in both districts!
- Sickness level 2 (good stamina)
- No more malaria attacks! (because game progress is at 73%)
- savegame Bowa: inside armoury n/e of Port Selao.
- savegame Leboa: Bus stop at Pala.

There are still all side missions available in both districts (however, there are only assasination missions in Leboa)

The purpose of the savegames is to be able to do all kinds of stuff, like free roam, merc wars, attack guard posts, drive around, do whatever you like. This is the point of the game I like best. Go tease some mercs in Pala, Sefapane or Port Selao and listen to their chat lines, now that you have reputation level 4 :)

Enjoy.

retiredgord

Art you are just too kind to us. I have FC2 on PC now so how do I go about inputing this info and when..as before starting? Remember my puter skills are somwhat lacking.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

deadman1

You need to unzip the files to the savegames folder located in your "My documents", "My games" , "Far Cry2" folder.  If you have a game going just make a new folder in the "Far Cry 2" folder and transfer the savefiles there otherwise you may not see Art´s savegame when you start. Oh yeah do all this before yiu start the game  :)

Art Blade

lol, thanks, deadman :) I just read gord's post, hit "reply" and already got a warning that someone else has posted a reply  ;D :-X

indeed.

The savegame file names are distinct but in the game all you will see is "Marty, Act2, 73%" - So if you keep your savegames, chances are, if you are not playing as Marty, that you can find the savegames by scrolling down the list on the lookout for Marty saves :)

Art Blade

By the way, those two savegames...

- have the same time of day, 6:00am.
- in case you try the unlimited ammo cheat, you should have unlimited handgrenades as well as molotovs (no idea why, first time for me it worked like that)
- you can see Sefapane's garage in ruins, down to the ground (as far as I know, that's not normal. Happened when I overdid it a little during a buddy mission)

:)

fragger

Thanks heaps, Art :-X :-X

PZ

Good w@&k Art - we're developing quite a collection of saved games  :-X

Art Blade

thanks for the nice comments, guys :)

wexer9

Quote from: Art Blade on December 19, 2009, 08:45:56 AMNo more malaria attacks! (because game progress is at 73%)

Since when does getting to 73% stop malaria attacks? :o

Enlighten me. ;)

Art Blade

Probably ever since the game was out. Try the savegame, at 73%, and tell me if you get any malaria attack.

We may not have noticed because the game gets intense in its endgame phase, which is just about to happen -- the next mission will be you waking up in prison, escape from prison, get your gear back (armoury, preferrably) and then Heart of Darkness... no way back but a lot of action. Probably a bad idea to get a malaria attack while the credits are on...  ;D

Edit, there are a couple more missions to do until you really get to the endgame. But it's cool at sickness level 2, no malaria, no mission pending, just explore. DON'T progress the game if you want to enjoy malaria-free playing.

wexer9

Huh - I don't think I ever noticed that (or at least I don't remember noticing)!

The things you learn on this forum. :)

Art Blade

Art Blade

Quote from: wexer9 on January 27, 2010, 06:26:24 PM
Quote from: Art Blade on December 19, 2009, 08:45:56 AMNo more malaria attacks! (because game progress is at 73%)

Since when does getting to 73% stop malaria attacks? :o

Enlighten me. ;)

Today it ocurred to me that you guys might have thought that the malaria attacks had stopped for the rest of the game, but it's only around this 73% (savegame). In case you continue playing with it, as in taking on main missions, your health, stamina and reputation will get reduced and malaria will strike again, until late in the game (Landing zone, there's a period when you'll be reset to 0 sickness level, but that will be reverted again.

I played for a very long time without progressing the game (no main missions) and spent hours in Leboa and Bowa, without a single malaria attack. I almost forgot that later on the attacks return. The savegame was thought to be used like that: DON'T progress. :)

Right now, I'm finishing a playthrough and have had malaria attacks. Just so you know.

Art Blade

Alright, another savegame:

Paul, @92% game progress (mission: go to prison for Heart of Darkness)
sickness level 4 (malaria attacks... poor stamina...)
reputation 5 (yeah! savegame in Port Selao, show those mercs who you are!)
All diamonds collected (1,000) No diamonds cheated
638 diamonds to your disposal! (I only bought what I needed)
74% shot accurracy @ 16,495 shots fired (not bad, eh ;) )
43/40 side missions (admire the stats page)

What to do with this?

Well, first of all, it's a save in Port Selao, with the highest reputation level possible. Want to hear and see how mercs react to that? Aim at them, bump into them, or simply: let them see you!  ;D

You can explore a little and play the endgame.

You can buy anything you want that I haven't (638 rocks left for you)

Just mess around, it's not your playthrough :)

fragger

Thanks mate, DL-ed that, I'm going to try it next time I play. I never reached Rep level 5, can't wait to see how the mercs react to me ;D

wexer9

Just downloaded it! I'm going to try it right now; I can't wait to see how the Mercs react! :)

Art Blade

sometimes they don't do much or takes a little, maybe drive out of Bowa and return, should be fine.

I've seen reactions like someone sees me and goes "Whoaaa, Jesus!" or they start to laugh hysterically, back away from me... if you bump into someone they go like "sorry, my fault" and staring at someone makes them go like "I don't know you, I don't want to get into trouble" or "did you practice that stare in the mirror?" lol If you aim at someone, the will back away really fast with hands up... all kinds of things  :)

pl37um

:-\ im just lost..... ::) i love this game farcry on psp3... but help how do i get extra missions? can someone walk me through this :-[ i love love this game. is there codes to get? can i get a promo code? i just put it online i was able to only unlock a knife a stupid knife.. anyone got help  :-[ :'(

Art Blade

Topic: Registry file that enables extras might be of help, and Topic: Diamonds: How Many? Predecessor Missions: How? should give you more info regarding consoles and bonus codes (for the Predecessor Missions).

Hope that helps :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳