Details Gallery

Started by JRD, May 13, 2009, 01:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hacko

Here is some Coffee Liquor I saw while playing earlier..

[smg id=595]

Art Blade

here you can see the best time for speeding is night time. Assault truck at 125km/h :)

[smg id=604 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

wow, I wonder if the merc vehicles can catch you at that speed...

Art Blade

of course they can. You see, depicted is the last step before you reach "free fall". The question is, who's first to reach it, and who's last to survive  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

A couple of new ones...
No idea on this one, but sounds Spanish or Portuguese...
[smg id=619]
Isn't "moule" French for mussel?
[smg id=620]

JRD

Great pics PZ, I see how you enjoy the prt sc key  ;)

cacaopia means nothing in Portuguese and as far as I know, nothing in Spanish either.
Maybe its a joke with Cacau, the tree whose fruits are used to make chocolate  :) ... I expect anything from mercs (and devs too  ;))
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

"la vieille moule" means "the old mussle" but moule has different meanings, among others "role model / example". Maybe it's kind of an easter egg or insider joke, probably depicting a friend or a staff member.

"Cacaopia" doesn't mean a thing in Spanish. Funny though the components: "Cacao" (cocoa) or "caca" (crap) "pia" (pious). First idea it gave me was "Cocoa from Ethiopia" :)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on May 27, 2009, 09:31:41 AM
"la vieille moule" means "the old mussle" but moule has different meanings, among others "role model / example". Maybe it's kind of an easter egg or insider joke, probably depicting a friend or a staff member.

"Cacaopia" doesn't mean a thing in Spanish. Funny though the components: "Cacao" (cocoa) or "caca" (crap) "pia" (pious). First idea it gave me was "Cocoa from Ethiopia" :)

Yeah, the picture of the bearded gentleman on the label might be one of the devs, or perhaps one of the project leaders - who knows - would be very funny if it was.  I have seen a photo of the development group somewhere, will check it out.

You're correct JRD, I sure do love that PrtScn key!  :-X

Hacko

Who knew you needed a cash register in Africa when killing mercs. ;D I found this in an Underground safehouse.

[smg id=695]

JRD

And even if there's cash in it, its worthless  ;D ;D

Art Blade

funny thing, when you look at the cash register, the buttons are in random order and some have odd numbers. The amount shown on that "display" could not be typed in using those buttons :)

Dweller_Benthos

hmmmm.... that's interesting about the buttons - secret code to something maybe?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

haven't thought about that... LOL you're cool  ;D I think the only codes we have is either CD or "additional content/promotional content" on the main menu. But if I remember correctly, both contain letters. The cash register doesn't show letters on the buttons. So, I guess there's no secret...

PZ

For all you Scotch aficionados...

[smg id=708]

The mercs at the Ranger station (aka resort) seem to like Scotch quite a bit...

PZ

I didn't realize until I approached the Unimog from below that the thing is 4x4.  That certainly explains why it does so well off-road!
[smg id=709]
I guess that I need glasses more than I originally thought...

PZ

Talk about a rogue...  Major Oliver Tambossa
[smg id=710]
... a man with attitude...

RedRaven

It can still get stuck on very pointy rocks, deeper water than the rest, oh and unless your going fast enough to clear it, the Unimog makes a rather fetching hat for Ascot Day.....
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Very true, but it can clear rocks that the other vehicles can't - you know, one of my favorite parts of the DLC is the vehicle choice now available.  I like the ATV because it can climb like a billy goat, and I appreciate the Unimog for it's brute force, plus off-road capabilities.

I still like the new weapons, but I normally use them on a new game start - until I can purchase my favorite load out later in the game.  The silent shotty and the explosive crossbow can't be beat when your only other option is a Makarov!

Art Blade

one day... one day...  ;D

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on June 04, 2009, 06:19:08 PMI like the ATV because it can climb like a billy goat

climb this... (dogon village) ;D Buggy aint bad  ;) Of course I then drove off the cliff... that's how I got my new avatar 100mph LOL

[smg id=733]

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on June 06, 2009, 08:40:14 AM
Quote from: PZ on June 04, 2009, 06:19:08 PMI like the ATV because it can climb like a billy goat

climb this... (dogon village) ;D Buggy aint bad  ;) Of course I then drove off the cliff... that's how I got my new avatar 100mph LOL

[smg id=733]

I like your new avatar!   :-X

Art Blade

thank you, PZ. I think it comes in handy now with FUEL ahead (for some, that is)  ;)

JRD

At the Brewery...

Mercs read UZI magazine... so much for those Shakespeare books you found Art......

[smg id=751]

Also, before throwing a molotov, check out how they are bottled... ON 120 YEARS OLD WINE BOTTLES!!!!!!

[smg id=750]

[smg id=755]

Art Blade

heh, the Shakespeare was in their leader's room, the pawns read the "good" stuff  ;)

PZ

Great details JRD!   :-X

I really like this details thread - kind of encourages me to look around a bit more in the game.

Tags:
🡱 🡳