Quote from: Art Blade on May 14, 2009, 11:36:12 AM
same here...

well, look what we got...

Canadian Water Pumps in Africa LOL

[smg id=496]
^+-+

Good observation  :-X

Art Blade

The Canadian Mounty who lived there (and who kicked my teeth down my throat after pointing that out to me) was a little more observant. 8-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

^+-+  I've missed my ability to read and post for the past couple of days  ;)

Art Blade

what.. that reminds me.. "The second day he didn't see anything either but by
the third day some of the swelling had gone, he could see a little out of
his left eye  and his arm was healed enough to"
...read and post?  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

^+-+ Exactly!

Actually, I'm seeing some of your gallery posts on the main page, and when I click the details, I can go to the post where you display your thoughts - kind of a nice way to relive old FC2 memories, particularly now that I'm having so much fun in the game again.  :-X

Art Blade

most of my pictures (well, I didn't do it with my very first ones) have hyperlinks to the topics I posted them in  :) I'm glad that you find it useful  :)

PZ

Very useful, and I wish that I'd done this myself.

TheStranger

Quote from: JRD on May 13, 2009, 01:11:07 PM
And I also took the liberty of adding D_B's Milky Way.... Axios can take a screnshot of the Big Bear and post it here...

[smg id=375]

I know it's actually on this picture but I didn't notice it since yesterday when I was standing in front of it:

[smg id=4345]

Spoiler
[smg id=4346]

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: TheStranger on April 18, 2012, 10:13:19 AM
I know it's actually on this picture but I didn't notice it since yesterday when I was standing in front of it:

[smg id=4345]

Spoiler
[smg id=4346]

Yeah, you can actually climb up there and knock it down (or maybe shoot it down). Must be nice to have sat TV way out in the middle of nowhere, as long as your generator has gas, that is.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Cool - in all the plays through that I've done, and in all the countless times I've passed by that train I'd never noticed that dish.  :-X

I need to look up more.   :-()

fragger

I never noticed that either :-X

Funny how all the working TVs in FC2 have a vertical-hold problem ????

Art Blade

even funnier how no one has a working mobile phone except when your best buddy calls you after taking on a faction mission -- then miraculously both his/hers and yours w@&k.

PZ

:laugh:  indeed - and all without the slightest trace of breaking up!

mandru

I had seen that satellite antenna atop the boxcar but it had never occurred to me to shoot it down.  Being in the second half of the game with my reputation at level 5 and due to meet the Jackal at the prison I made a trip up North to give it a closer look see.  As long as I was headed up there I planned on giving the North one final thrashing before finishing this play  through.  >:D

My AS50 made quick w@&k of the antenna which amusingly had it's own unique sound when kicked around on the ground but becoming bored of that I wandered on up to Scrap Salvage this time killing and blowing up everyone and everything I encountered along the way with a flare gun ( http://www.openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=95.msg51463#msg51463  another current thread Weapons Choice inspired me to that oddity  ::) ).  Slaughterhouse, Cock Fights and Lumber quickly succumbed to the all powerful might of the bright sparkly burst of signalitude.

A flare launched into the back of a receding AT has the potential of killing both gunner and driver in one shot.  Then again a merc on foot may require 5 or 6 head shots with a flare to take them down but if you shoot him in the ankles with it and his boots catch on fire and he's a goner.  ????

In all I spent the better part of 2 hours ranging around setting things on fire in the Northern map before heading back South.  I decided to swing back past the satellite antenna to shoot it down again.  I was surprised to find it had not regenerated back atop the boxcar as I had anticipated but still lay on the ground where I had been kicking it around.  It would appear that like some of the big gas tanks that remain ruined after blowing them up the antenna also has been given a non-respawning nature and its status is remembered by the game even when you move into other areas.

Why would the developers give a so seemingly unimportant object a steady state status and it's own unique sounds when kicked?  It makes me wonder if there was supposed to be a mission linked to it that was pulled in the last minute rush to get the game released.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on April 20, 2012, 06:42:20 AM
...Why would the developers give a so seemingly unimportant object a steady state status and it's own unique sounds when kicked?  It makes me wonder if there was supposed to be a mission linked to it that was pulled in the last minute rush to get the game released.

Indeed - mysteries like this are intriguing - too bad the developers wouldn't do an after-game debrief.  :-D

fragger

Agree - seems like a lot of trouble to go to for some trivial, out-of-the-way object that wasn't even spotted by many well-seasoned FC2ers for about three years ????

TheStranger

Quote from: PZ on April 20, 2012, 10:26:35 AM
Indeed - mysteries like this are intriguing - too bad the developers wouldn't do an after-game debrief.  :-D

Maybe it was there to trigger the Black Mamba mission hehehe ;D

PZ

That thought crossed my mind as well!  ^-^

fragger

I spotted this last night, never noticed it before:

[smg id=4799 width=600]

Why would they include a sign for that? It's just a beat-up old roadside stand like many of the others you see around the map. Another gameplay element that was dispensed with, perhaps - having to get your phone recharged from time to time?

mandru

Nice catch fragger but I'm fairly certain that is actually a regular part of the game.  ;)

The trip out to the Dental Clinic is the mission I can see that you were engaged when you made this screen shot.  It's the place where you either destroy the truckload of nitrous oxide or pick it up for delivery to your BB's part time job at the garage in Sefapane.

The "Phonecard Shop and phone recharging stand" that you've identified on the sign post is that Underground location sitting at the mouth of the Southwest entrance into the Dental Clinic.  :)  :-X

I've delivered passports and picked up my malaria medication at that Underground location and it's also my favorite way of sneaking into the Dental Clinic when doing the Nitrous mission.  There's a perfect line of sight to pot the sharpshooter in the observation tower with the dart rifle before he can set off the alarm.  >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on November 04, 2012, 05:17:24 PM
I've delivered passports and picked up my malaria medication at that Underground location and it's also my favorite way of sneaking into the Dental Clinic when doing the Nitrous mission.  There's a perfect line of sight to pot the sharpshooter in the observation tower with the dart rifle before he can set off the alarm.  >:D

Although I've tried entering from other vantage points, this one is my favorite and represents at least 95% of my visits to the clinic.  I like to pick off the sniper in the tower, then one other on the ground.  Their friends naturally begin their search for me and once they enter the narrow passage toward the safe house, I start picking them off too, and of course, throwing a Molotov into the dry grass.  >:D

fragger

Nice pick-up on the mission there, mandru :-X

Of course, the Underground mission. Must be my week for discovery boners :D

You guys' modus operandi at the Dental Clinic is mine also. Sometimes I pinch the GLAT from the nearby patrol and park it outside the entrance to the path as a definitive argument settler should the debate get a little too raucous >:D

PZ

Another fun method wien doing the Dental clinic mission is to steal the GLAT from the roving patrol near the Post Office.  I park the GLAT near the safe house and blanket the clinic with grenades.  Of course, you stand the chance of blowing up the truck which I have done on more than one occasion.  :-()

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on November 05, 2012, 09:51:37 AMAnother fun method wien doing the Dental clinic mission

Playing on empty stomach, again, are we?  :laugh: It so much reminds me of wieners not to mention hot dogs. Mmmh..  :-()

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳