Details Gallery

Started by JRD, May 13, 2009, 01:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Got no good answer here.  :(

On the other hand thinking about the faction offices caused another random thought from long observation to shake loose. I've often thought that the uncomfortable shuffling movements of some of the doormen at some of the faction inner offices has appeared to be because of physical injury.

Could it be that the inner office doormen are proven trustworthy to the point of taking a bullet to protect their ranking officers and in spite of their reduced physical abilities kept on the payroll and given light but still important security duties?

Watch them sometime as they move to get out of your way and open the door for you as you are leaving. See what you think.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I've noticed that the game has them on rails, and when I'm in their way, they softly push me into the room while they close the door behind me. I think your idea is disturbing a little ( ;D ) and I don't believe that such personal details actually were brought into the game. I think the movement of the guard is affected by the door. Like, when you watch mercs in a GP through the scope of your rifle, you will sometimes see that they flounder in a tight spot as if they were experiencing myoclonic seizures, but more likely that is not the case, more likely they just can't move "as they want" because some kind of obstacle prevents them from doing so. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on February 14, 2010, 09:42:20 AM
I've noticed that the game has them on rails, and when I'm in their way, they softly push me into the room while they close the door behind me. I think your idea is disturbing a little ( ;D ) and I don't believe that such personal details actually were brought into the game. I think the movement of the guard is affected by the door. Like, when you watch mercs in a GP through the scope of your rifle, you will sometimes see that they flounder in a tight spot as if they were experiencing myoclonic seizures, but more likely that is not the case, more likely they just can't move "as they want" because some kind of obstacle prevents them from doing so. :)

Let´s not let reality and logic get in the way of a good story mate (eventhough I believe you´re right)  ;)

Art Blade

sorry  :o  probably two or more ways of looking at it :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

About the photograph on the desk, right now I'm not sure what mission it was in the first post and which one in the second. It is a little confusing when I want to find out by simply looking at the stats page of the game. Right now it reads 7 main missions, including the one I took there when taking the second shot. But fortunately I mentioned the names of the faction leader and his lackey both times, so at least those are identical, and that makes it even more confusing. Why would the same people have that pic on the desk one time and the next time not? Strange :)

fragger

Found a couple of things I haven't noticed before. A bag of food labelled thusly:

[smg id=2196 align=center width=400]

And this cool little carved stool:

[smg id=2197 align=center width=400]

:)

Art Blade

nice :) I remember those international food packages, I think you can find them in Bowa, the brewery house where one of your buddies is locked away in, and in a couple of underground locations.

That little chair is something I remember making a lot of noise when either some mercs or I trip over it  ;D You can find it close to a couple of safehouses and other locations.

I think we didn't have pics of those here, so thanks for adding them  :) :-X

PZ

Indeed - I've not seen the sack of food before.

mmosu

Cool, looks like supplies dropped in from a relief organization or something.  That stool is one I haven't noticed before - funny to think about some poor programmer whose job it was to spend months rendering all of these little randoms that we keep finding  ;D

fragger

Agree, mmosu. They must have had "What else?" sessions, as in "What else can we throw in?" Then of course someone had to create all the throw-ins. You've got to love them for it :-X

Quote from: Art Blade on April 11, 2010, 08:27:37 AM
nice :) I remember those international food packages, I think you can find them in Bowa, the brewery house where one of your buddies is locked away in, and in a couple of underground locations.

I found that bag of food lying on the ground next to a wrecked cart of sorts, near a safe house somewhere in Bowa, and thought "Hey, I haven't seen that before". Now I'm seeing them all over the place - well, the places Art mentioned, anyway. Just never noticed them before, I guess... The stool I've seen twice now - the one in the photo is at the GP on the river NW of Sediko, can't remember where I saw the other one. There's a similar stool that's quite common, but without the little female figures carved into it.

Art Blade

It's always the same: When you have a broken leg, you'll see lots of people with a cast put on their legs. Then they are everywhere ! (else, they are cast away) ;D

mandru

There's a stool with the carved female figures in the border house where you meet with the Jackal the 2nd time.
- mandru

fragger

That's it! Thanks, mandru :)

fragger

This game... I still can't believe that after all this time, I still find things I haven't seen before: a "Jungle" bar!

[smg id=2262 align=center width=400]

It shows up better in the original pic here.

JRD

Indeed... I haven`t seen one of those yet... good find fragger!  :-X :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Good one fragger!  I'd not seen that one before either - it still amazes me that I've missed so much on the countless times I've been in Africa.  :-X

Of course, I could use the excuse that I was too busy focusing on the mercs that were viciously attacking me.  ;D

JRD

Quote from: PZ on April 30, 2010, 08:58:05 AM
Good one fragger!  I'd not seen that one before either - it still amazes me that I've missed so much on the countless times I've been in Africa.  :-X

Of course, I could use the excuse that I was too busy focusing on the mercs that were viciously attacking me.  ;D

When in a firefight, look for ammo crates, not candy bars!  ::)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: JRD on April 30, 2010, 02:02:37 PM
When in a firefight, look for ammo crates, not candy bars!  ::)

lol, I know those ammo crates like the back of my hand - candy on the other hand...  ;D

mandru

Mmmmmmmm. Juuuungle Bar! Now with extra monkyness.  :)
- mandru

Art Blade

cool find, fragger  :) :-X I've read about them here somewhere some time ago, but never seen one myself :) Probably they got blown away when close to my grens that used to precede my arrivals ;D

fragger

Hehe, cheers :)

I found it in Shwasana Viilage, I think in one of the SE buildings next to the catwalk, or whatever you call those bridge-like structures - probably "a bridge" ;D

Art Blade

cheers, will keep my eyes peeled  ;)

PZ

Quote from: .Art Blade. on December 21, 2009, 11:35:45 AM
mandru, you are right about the location, there is a briefcase in there, and a dead merc, too. But I didn't want to spoil the image :)

Did you guys realise I posted twice, like did you see the wireless screwdrivers? I found those quite interesting, next to the blow torches.

I once watched a merc use one of those on a plane, see this old pic:

[smg id=174 align=center width=400]

I've still not seen one of these guys

Art Blade

so there is still something to look forward to :)

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳