Details Gallery

Started by JRD, May 13, 2009, 01:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I wonder what he's up to though since he doesn't attack you.  Have you noticed if the mounted machine guns also cause the monocular to turn green?

Art Blade

yes, they do. Well, if you take a snapshot with the monocular of the sniper or one of the mounted guns, all mounted weapons will show on your map. The sniper should, too, but he doesn't. Probably because he's walking.

By the way, if you take a scout snapshot of a vehicle (like at the Post Office), it will show on your map, but once you destroy it, it will never show again. Strange :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Ahhh, I just love ribs cooked on a car trunk barbecue! Who's up for some?

[smg id=1512]

PZ

Cool pic - if you look just right at the flame above the grill, you can almost see an image of the face of Jimmy Hendrix.

JRD

Quote from: PZ on October 04, 2009, 09:46:10 PM
Cool pic - if you look just right at the flame above the grill, you can almost see an image of the face of Jimmy Hendrix.

Whatever PZ is having, I want some too......  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

lol, I knew someone was going to say that - was just a matter of who said it first!  ;D

Art Blade

hehe, count me in, guys  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

DEATH TRAP!

I found this on my first play through.  My diamond nearby alert was pinging green and I was searching wildly for gems to buy gear. (I made a side trip on my current game to get these screen shots)

[smg id=1551 align=center width=210]

For location the green arrow is under my left thumb and up on the hill I see something.

[smg id=1547]

So I scramble up.

[smg id=1546]

It sure looks like some kind of mine entrance.

[smg id=1545]

Should I risk it?

Well I did, and it is just what it looks like, a hole with no way out. I had to drop a few grenades at my feet and have my buddy come retrieve me.

I know of another death trap that I'll get around to documenting later.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

lol, how did your buddy get you out?  ;D

erm, on an aside, I can't see your first pic in thumbnail mode. When I enlarge it, I can (see below). same goes for gallery. I don't know why it is so, and I didn't see anything unusual about it - the code looked normal. Strange.

(pic removed)

mandru

*Shrugs*

It was working when I left.  Maybe I exceeded upload limitations or something.

I guess I should warn you I'm a magnet for weirdness.  If it's weird and lurking out there it will find me.  I'm just waiting for the comet with my name on it.  :P
- mandru

Art Blade

No, filesize was alright, filename too, and you have no limitation regarding count of pics. <shrugs, too>  ;D

mandru

It showed up fine in your post.  :-X
- mandru

Art Blade

as well as in your post  ;)

If you are curious, go into edit mode for your own post to check the code. :)

mandru

OK Art I see that you edited the first screen shot link to read:

[~smg id=1548 align=center width=210]

But over on my previous screen shot post:

http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=34.msg15913#msg15913

I didn't include the additional code "align=center width=210]" and it seems to be working just fine.

Also when I look at the Gallery preview on the OWG Home Page this same screenie is missing out of the line up but can still be summoned by clicking the picture title?

I was sure I loaded and set it up with exactly the same upload steps as the previous 3 pictures from this series.  Did I overlook something obvious?
- mandru

Art Blade

I made the same observations and asked the same questions. Nothing I could see was "wrong". How about you upload it again? If that new one works, delete the other one and replace the image id in your post (I will delete the link in my post so it won't be another dead picture ;) )

Usually you don't need align and width values, but now you see how they affect the pic :)

mandru

Thanks Art, I've swapped in the reload and deleted the screen shot with problems.
- mandru

Art Blade

hehe, solved :)

just in case, people, with FireFox, STRG+F5 causes the browser to flush the cache and reload the page entirely. A simple F5 only reloads the page.

fragger

RE: Death trap, I found that spot you posted about, mandru. I climbed up and like you, curiousity got the better of me, so I jumped in. Now here's the interesting part, I fell halfway down and got stuck. Also like you, I tried dropping some grenades to prompt a rescue, but being halfway down the 'nades fell to the bottom where the distance from the blast was insufficient to do me any harm. So then I tried throwing them up, thinking that they'd go off by the time they fell back to where I was, but instead they just stuck to the walls above me and went off there, still causing me no hurt. I ended up using my M79 on the wall in front of me, that did the trick.
I repeated this exercise several times and always ended up getting stuck halfway down. Must point out that I did a save before I attempted any of this. Which brought to light something I hadn't noticed before. The first time I did this, Xianyong was my rescuer. Rescue me he did, and then without reloading the game I jumped straight back in. This time when I did the M79 trick, I didn't get rescued, I just died. So, the question is, is it not possible to be rescued twice in a row for the same death? It was like Xianyong thought, "bloody idiot, I'm not rescuing you twice for doing the same stupid thing!"

mandru

You know what fragger? Now that you mention it the hole does taper down and you grenades fall farther beyond where you get stuck enough so that they don't give blast damage.  I also used the M-79 on the wall to summon my rescue buddy.  I had forgotten that detail.

As for your question about the Rescue Buddy not showing up a second time. Once they have rendered that service you have to get to a Safe House and reactivate them as Rescue Buddies before they will go back on duty again.
- mandru

fragger

Thanks for the rescue buddy info, mandru. Now that you mention it, I think it has been covered in the forums somewhere.

But cheers all the same! :-X

fragger

Does anyone know what this thing is?

[smg id=1605]

I found this old screenpic, but I can't for the life of me remember where it was.

[smg id=1606]

mandru

Isn't the Item you were asking about a pistol stand for displaying several handguns at once?

As for the photo I'm stumped on that one. Have seen it but unless it's in King Neree's (sp?) office I'm not sure.
- mandru

PZ

I've not noticed either one, but will be sure to watch out for them  :-X

Art Blade

the first pic indeed is a pistol stand, the second pic shows a pic on the desk of one of the faction leaders' "office" where you all have been taking on countless missions  ;D

[smg id=1607 align=center width=400]

fragger

A pistol stand, of course... I thought it looked like a couple of pipe racks ;D

Cheers Art, so that's where it was :-X I guess when we've just been given a pocketful of diamonds and a nice new manila folder, and we're all gung-ho over getting a new mission, we tend not to notice what's in the corner behind the goon on the door ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳