Online roaming

Started by spaceboy, May 12, 2009, 07:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

JRD, LOL!! ;D ;D ;D

PZ, that thing is called "the educator" if I'm not mistaken, and as Spaceboy said, they got creative enough to let that beast climb almost vertical slopes, enough grip and horsepower. A bike next to it looks like a scratch in the picture  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Man, these ramps on the highways are so much fun :)
The 2nd pic shows Theile's hockey helmet (edit: it's his windshield)  in the lower right corner.
[smg id=1182 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1183 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on August 09, 2009, 09:39:51 PMlol, I'll bet there is a better chance convincing Live to change their ways than it would be to get you to install a client on your PC!  ;D

Live now accepts my mic  ;D ;D ;D Had a chat while driving with Theile who switched from skype to Live. LOL  :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on August 11, 2009, 02:38:53 PMA bike next to it looks like a scratch in the picture  ;D

Here :) "The Educator" vs "Valkyrie"

[smg id=1193 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1194 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

some more :)

[smg id=1222 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1223 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1224 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1225 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1226 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1227 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

First pic: my hovercraft's "bumper view" , Theile to the right.
The rest: a mountain that seems to be too high and steep to climb it. We managed to climb the mountain in the southeast, about where you see the stars count in the map view. So it was quite a long ride once we were on top to move to the spot close to the sea edit: lake. (wishful thinking) What a nice view :)

[smg id=1241 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1242 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1243 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1244 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1245 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1246 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

OWG deadman aka pollan66 joined the ride :) Had some fun together.  :-X

[smg id=1248 align=center width=400]

spaceboy

nice to see you out there deadman!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

All I can say is wow  :-X

deadman1

It was a lot of fun  :-X, I really need to unlock the rest of the areas so it will be easier for us to meet up for an online free ride.

Art Blade

Flying trucks and bikes
[smg id=1254 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1255 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1256 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

Pollan66 aka OWG deadman and Theile (who has joined OWG recently) jumping high and driving across the world to the end of the white flats. :) Good ride  :-X

[smg id=1257 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1258 align=center width=400]

spaceboy

The height on that jump is awesome!   And welcome to Theile for joining OWG.

PZ

I absolutely love that semi with the huge tires - what is the quickest way to get that one? (forget me playing on Legend - I can barely make it on easy)

Art Blade

That truck? No idea, mate  :( All I did was get the career done and on the way I unlocked areas and vehicles. I didn't pay attention to most of them. I think you unlock all vehicles by earning 170 stars, since by that you will have unlocked all areas. I'm not sure when you get which vehicle though.

spaceboy

I think that's the Thunder Truck, I think you get it pretty early but I'm like Art I can't remember when stuff got unlocked.

Btw, I'm 7 stars from unlocking Dustbowl City, and then I've only got 2-3 left (Rainer, Flats, maybe another - I can't remember).

I've been really working at unlocking

Art Blade

good job, space :) by now you should have a lot of different vehicles to pick... out of 74 total.

JRD

spaceboy is right... it's the Thundertruck and you unlock it pretty early in the game... move on through your game playing on Legend and it'll be yours in no time  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

move on on rookie or expert and you should still get it in time ;) PZ, remember you don't need to finish races in a special order, just finish enough so you get a star per race on rookie.

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on August 23, 2009, 02:04:36 PM
move on on rookie or expert and you should still get it in time ;) PZ, remember you don't need to finish races in a special order, just finish enough so you get a star per race on rookie.

I would like to add that you can always go back to an earlier area with a better vehicle and finish the races on expert or legend. Having a better vehicle will sometimes make even legendary bearable  ;)

JRD

Quote from: JRD on August 23, 2009, 01:56:52 PM
... move on through your game playing on Legend and it'll be yours in no time  :-X

Ooops... I meant Expert...  ???
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

Quote from: Art Blade on August 23, 2009, 01:54:56 PM
good job, space :) by now you should have a lot of different vehicles to pick... out of 74 total.

Thanks Art.  I started with trying to go Legend straight up but it's too frustrating.  I figure if I get a win at Expert after a couple attempts, I know the track well enough to go Legend.  If it kills me at Expert then I'll skip Legend until I can come back and try again.

Art Blade

Probably the reason why it took me 45 hours to finish the career... took ages to finish all races on legend. Some were really frustrating, then I reverted to expert or rookie... until later, when I had a different vehicle to compete again. I think some races are really a mess, nearly impossible to win. Well, I did all races on legend, at least they can be won, but for me some of the challenges are too frustrating, so I skipped most of them. Tried one recently, no way! Insane, really. In the end all I really needed was a couple of vehicles, told you which, and all areas unlocked. The real fun starts with those few vehicles and an open world... free ride (online roaming) and edited races are what makes the game worth while :)

Art Blade

deadman (pollan66) proud owner of the Banshee bike :)

[smg id=1278 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on August 23, 2009, 11:09:10 AMI absolutely love that semi with the huge tires - what is the quickest way to get that one?

Just found out it is needed for one challenge in Tsunami Reef. Chase down the challenge doppler truck so you see all challenges of that area.

Tags:
🡱 🡳