Datsun Dummies

Started by Art Blade, May 02, 2009, 04:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

hah! I learned that they do that when I parked my car in a GP and ran after some merc, some other merc got into MY CAR and started after me! Sure was the last thing in his life he had fun with.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I had a funny "Dummy" moment this morning doing a buddy request for Flora.  Was at the rail yard blowing the fuel car and was on my way north to help Flora fight the mercs at the train wreck.  Driving north along the rails, hoping to bypass PetroSahel without incident, I was denied that pleasure.  However, the chase that was given was in the form of a single merc in the big truck at PetroSahel.  My initial disappointment suddenly was replaced by a chuckle - "let's play Datsun Dummy with this guy"

It was hilarious, I was past PetroSahel when he caught up with me, near the large hill to the north.  You should have seen him trying to maneuver that rig around.  I'd stop, he'd shoot past and turn around - then I'd shoot past him again.  Lots of laughs, and I'm sorry that I had to 6P9 him.

Art Blade

I had some DD or TD (truck dummy) fun moments too... afterwards it took a while to repair, paint and arrange the lot, though  :)

[smg id=1322 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

proper Land Train you got going there Art :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

hehehe, cheers :)

More like a large fuse...

[smg id=1323 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1324 align=center width=400]

PZ

lol, that's a good one! 

"Art's Used Car Lot - huge fire sale today only"

Art Blade

;D ;D ;D

fancy a test drive, mate?

[smg id=641 align=center width=400]

PZ

Must be one heck of a tough guy - body all twisted like that and a bland expression on his face no worse than if he was day dreaming.

Art Blade

Hehe, that guy wanted to inspect the car from all possible angles  ;D

DKM2

Is it still a hit and run if they stick to your vehicle?
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

iGame3D

On my second play, I was leaving Leboa airport in an assault truck, and was getting this thumpity thumptity thump sensation. So I got out to inspect my vehicle thinking maybe I had a flat tire. Nope it was the driver of the vehicle dangling from the seat and grinding against the road.

After reading some of this thread, I got into playing crash the datsun with the Marina guys. After some crashing about, the datsun dude slammed a tree, I pulled back to give him a good door ram, when he went into full reverse, right off the cliff.

Yesterday at a bus stop I got into a fight with some truck guys, the gunner got out, standing on the gun, I mowed him down where he landed on the hood of the truck. Tried to drive around with him as an ornament, but he eventually slid off.

Art Blade

sounds like you were around when I did those things... you'll find a pic with a merc serving as "figurehead" on my AT here somewhere, and your grinding merc, well, maybe we're sharing the same merc ;D I called it a "hand brake"  ;)

[smg id=1387 align=center width=400]

iGame3D

Heh, yeah I'm always worried about those guys getting stuck under the car.
My guy was hanging from the front seat, leg jammed in the steering wheel.

Of course there wasn't a soul in the house awake at the time for me to shout, "OMG look at this!"

Art Blade

At least you can shout to us now, we'll be happy to check it out :)

omg, I just noticed the "figurehead" is a few posts prior to this one (AT with that Freddy Mercury wannabe) jump back :)

fragger

Quote from: DKM2 on September 05, 2009, 01:30:03 PM
Is it still a hit and run if they stick to your vehicle?

;D ;D Nah - then it's kidnapping.

Art Blade

PZ

lol, that hand brake reminded me of Fred Flintstone  :-X

Art Blade

you callin' me Barney?

;D ;D ;D

mandru

OK, the stop and go DD tag that a few of you have described here and else where is another spot I use the game's AI and predictable patterns against its self.

I polished up this act on the strip of road between the 2nd half of the game's Mike's Marina and the bus station using the 2 DDs on the way but this should w@&k any where with the datsuns  Jeeps or big trucks. Skip this one with patrol ATs, they don't have to get out to shoot at you.

Being a bit twisted I play DD tag with a 180 degree twist where the DD and I are nose to nose.

Usually when we meet on the road me going one way and him the other I stop. When he jumps out I reverse straight back along the road with exactly the same reaction you all have reported, he jumps in and gives chase up to where I've stopped a few feet along the road but here's where I get nasty.

I look at his line up for where he'll  step out of his car. Do I have a clear shot at him with a ram? If not when he steps out again I repeat the quick back up and look at our fresh respective positioning with him getting madder with each baiting (OK, probably just in my head but I like to imagine it).

Then when I get the desired line up I blast forward instead of back.  Datsun Dummy indeed! Who really couldn't see that was coming sooner or later?  ;D

- mandru
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

hahaha! Then all you need is shout at him, "come on, catch up!"  ;D

PZ

haha, got a good laugh out of your story - playing with the Datsun dummies is a favorite past time with me - will try your method for a variation.  Another fun place is the AT that is parked between the armory and the northwest bus stop in Bowa.  Knowing the position of the mercs standing/sitting by their vehicle, it is relatively easy to run one of them over, and then the AT is no better than a Datsun.  I recall baiting the driver one time so many times, my laughter nearly caused me to lose control of my vehicle.

Art Blade

I love to make them turn, especially on bridges. The sound of an angry hornet rather than an engine makes me laugh already. If the bridge limitations are of metal, the DD will go ping-pong like in a pinball machine on the bridge, if of wood, he might break through and flip off the bridge  :)

mandru

Yeah PZ, I like those two mercs with the parked AT. I think the hot sun has cooked all sense out of them.

They're convenient for upgrading from the bus station Datsun to something that at least has some teeth but once I've got the AS50 I prefer to sneak into range and wait for a line up (sometimes as long as 5 minutes) to get the 2 fer 1. *Heh - The lengths I go to to pump my Accuracy*

Once I get my shot I grab their wheels for the trip to the armory and then on the way back past, there they are again, this time without a ride and I can often add insult to injury by bagging both of them on the blow through. They got nowhere to hide!

An interesting glitch, when you come back past, if you stop just out of range and use the monocle or a scope and look at where their AT should be the beer case that is usually in the back of the AT doesn't realize that the AT is missing and is there hovering in air.

- mandru
- mandru

PZ

Very cool - will look for that the next time I'm through the area.  I also didn't realize that if you absconded with their vehicle, they (but not the vehicle) would re-spawn - and that floating beer case would be a good "details" screencap.

I sure am glad that you joined the membership of OWG mandru, you've already reignited my FC2 flame with new things to try!  :-X

mandru

Thanks PZ.

I'm composing a post for "(Funny) Tactics and tips" that relates to this very subject. I'll get it up once I have my thoughts sorted out.

- mandru
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳