Datsun Dummies

Started by Art Blade, May 02, 2009, 04:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

buy Datsuns, in total three, an IED on top, for free  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

is it just me, or are the datsuns the slowest cars in the game? Art, have you tested the top speed of all the vehicles yet? I suspect the dune buggy is the fastest, at least off the mark, and the big truck is the slowest, by far.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

I tested them, funny thing is, the top speed is the same, but acceleration/braking differs.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

pretty good at taking corners full speed, and unless you get shot-up make handy battering rams to take out mercs / outposts etc ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Turning radius seems to be a variable as well - noticed most markedly in the ATV - that one can almost turn a circle in the road.

RedRaven

indeed, first time on it kept hitting things cos of turning too sharply.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

RedRaven

Brace yourselves . . . . .

ashamed to admit it but was killed this morning by a Datsun!!!!!

bad i know, still in shock i think :)

was driving west along top road in center of north map, from weapon shop to bus stop just inside northwest map, sometimes i take the off-road sand route at very top of map, sometimes just stay on the road and floor it thru the outpost as mercs there never chase very far, and until this morning have managed to either evade or ram the datsun out of the way and got to bus stop safely.....

today was different story, was speeding along the road, all going well, as approaching the outpost saw datsun heading my way so got ready to fly past it. As i got to the narrowest part of the road between the train car and shack with fuel in it all went horribly wrong!
Datsun swung its front end round and got a good solid hit on front right wheel of my Jeep, the impact forced me left and front end went smack bang into fuel store, the wheels where off the ground stuck in the crates and i was a total sitting duck as 5 mercs opened up, point blank range with AK47`s and Homeland shotguns.
needless to say couple Jeep doors dont offer much in the way of bullet protection  :(

As i hit the Quick-Load button fires were already starting so it was only a matter of seconds before it all went up.

a Datsun of all things . . . .  Revenge will be mine!

retiredgord

Oooooh something new. A  D.D.D.  Demolishin Datsun Dummy.  Must watch for those.  Built in Road Rage.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on July 24, 2009, 03:23:48 AM
Brace yourselves . . . . .

ashamed to admit it but was killed this morning by a Datsun!!!!!

bad i know, still in shock i think :)

was driving west along top road in center of north map, from weapon shop to bus stop just inside northwest map, sometimes i take the off-road sand route at very top of map, sometimes just stay on the road and floor it thru the outpost as mercs there never chase very far, and until this morning have managed to either evade or ram the datsun out of the way and got to bus stop safely.....

today was different story, was speeding along the road, all going well, as approaching the outpost saw datsun heading my way so got ready to fly past it. As i got to the narrowest part of the road between the train car and shack with fuel in it all went horribly wrong!
Datsun swung its front end round and got a good solid hit on front right wheel of my Jeep, the impact forced me left and front end went smack bang into fuel store, the wheels where off the ground stuck in the crates and i was a total sitting duck as 5 mercs opened up, point blank range with AK47`s and Homeland shotguns.
needless to say couple Jeep doors dont offer much in the way of bullet protection  :(

As i hit the Quick-Load button fires were already starting so it was only a matter of seconds before it all went up.

a Datsun of all things . . . .  Revenge will be mine!

I must say... I love when things go wrong... unpredictability is something amazing in FC2 as it forces you to improvise  ;D

... I'd die fighting my way out of this one  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

lol, I really enjoyed that read dke - as soon as I read your first sentence, a smile came over me - partly because it was a funny situation, and partly because I've been in so many similar ones myself.

Although I'm enamored with ARMA2 a bit these days, I still play FC2 just about every morning on the PS3, and am tremendously enjoying using the FC2 trainer on the PC.  I'm not much of a collector player (have never collected all tapes/diamonds), but using the fast running and jumping in the trainer has made me reevaluate that. 

Good story - thanks for sharing  :-X

RedRaven

ARMA 2 keeps calling, but MUST finish save doing on FC2 or it will never get done (wow - actual self control in action and everything) but no fear - when do get stuck into A2 will surely have much to post about with that. and of course OFP2 toward end of summer (hahahahahahaha)

KillerZ

I keep seeing comments regarding an FC2 trainer.  What is that?

RedRaven

cant recal where i got mine from and think original link in the post was stoppped but google it, mine came from
  PSYCHRADIANCE.
so look for that, hope that helps

PZ

Quote from: KillerZ on July 24, 2009, 08:59:29 AM
I keep seeing comments regarding an FC2 trainer.  What is that?

I had the same question not long ago.  The FC2 trainer is a piece of software that you start on your PC before you enter the game.  Then, once in the game, you can activate certain functions that give you super human powers.  For instance, you can jump as high as a mountain, run faster than the vehicles drive, and of course, the God mode.  There is much more, but those are the three that I use the most.

D_B posted a link to where you can still get the v1.03 trainer - megagames.com I believe

KillerZ

is it the same thing as using the ~ console?  And typing the commands in that way?

PZ

No, the options are different from the console commands from what I've managed to learn.  I don't recall the high jumping or running fast as console commands - correct me if I'm wrong someone  :-X

Art Blade

this is going a little off DD topic here. Would you like to check the trainer 1.03 topic for details and discussions? And to answer the question what a trainer is, it is simply a cheat program that changes data in your PC memory, like giving you unlimited ammo and god mode and all that :)

PZ

Funny moment: Datsun dummies and creating merc wars

This one belongs to both threads, but I put it here because it is funny (and gratifying).  Last night, and again this morning I had the opportunity to go through the CockFight arena (gleefully rubbing hands together).

Was racing from the west (junkyard side)  at night toward Pala - had to slow down so the mercs would notice me at the arena, and as expected one of them jumped into a Datsun and gave chase.  I gunned the engine and raced through the GP where another merc jumped into his Datsun - at about that time the first Datsun dummy arrived and all hell broke loose.  I nearly woke up my wife laughing while watching the two Datsun dummies shoot it out.  Eventually both were dead (the GP mercs didn't like them either)

One of the Datsuns was black smoking and eventually blew up taking a couple of mercs with it.  I wish I had a screen cap (was on the console) of the devastation those mercs heaped upon themselves.

So, If you want to see the Datsun dummies get their just deserts, go through the arena from west to east.  If you want to see a good fight at the arena, go from east to west.

Art Blade

that slaps a smile on my face, imagining what you saw. Great story and tip  :-X

retiredgord

In the third run I'm definitely gonna start a couple of these. They are a tough crew when on my own but with the help of the other side(s) it should be quite an experience. I'll probably rest somewhere close so I can repeat the scenario a few times.  Thanks for the tips.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

lol, I actually slowed down driving through the arena and backed up a little because it was night time and they were a bit sleepy!  That's the funniest part - racing through an area and backing up so that the mercs can see you and give chase - makes them look like suckers!  ;D

Hacko

Here is a picture of the famous Datsun Dummy, I was tormeting him by starting and stopping alot to get him to get out of his car....LOL

He looks angry. ;D

[smg id=1101]

PZ

haha, they tend to be an angry lot - one time not long ago one of them was so angry he flipped his car which nearly landed on top of me.

Art Blade

I love that, when they aggravate themselves, kicking the pedals through the floor, their Datsuns making sounds like spitting screws and bolts and in general it reminds me of angry hornets... the best is if they try to turn and all the way keep ramming stuff and bumping into something, and extremely funny if they flip over some cliff or bridge... wow, they are dedicated  ;D

PZ

I had fun with the Datsun Dummy that patrols on the west side of the bridge near the Marina Bar.  He gave chase and left his car as usual, at the top of the hill (evidently they are not allowed to drive into areas).  He hoofed it down to the armory while I was talking with Marty and when I came out he started after me - I hopped onto the ATV and headed out - much to my surprise, I heard the engine of the AT start up - my Datsun Dummy had hopped into the AT and was giving chase - this one usually doesn't happen to me.

Tags:
🡱 🡳