Datsun Dummies

Started by Art Blade, May 02, 2009, 04:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Quote from: Ricamundo on May 02, 2009, 03:47:24 AMOne thing i've noticed is that it's a bit tippy. I had a head on with a datsun, and it submarined underneath, and tipped me over. >:(

A Datsun driver tipped me over, a gren truck!
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Quote from: Art Blade on May 02, 2009, 04:08:26 AM
Quote from: Ricamundo on May 02, 2009, 03:47:24 AMOne thing i've noticed is that it's a bit tippy. I had a head on with a datsun, and it submarined underneath, and tipped me over. >:(

A Datsun driver tipped me over, a gren truck!

Those Datsun dummies are completely suicidal!  ;D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

I like that phrase Ricamudo - "Datsun dummies"  ;D

Art Blade

<snicker> good one, PZ

This calls for Datsun-Dummy Dumdums, a special brand of rounds for hunting them down ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Good one, Art!   ;D :-X

spaceboy

I think we've had a couple threads where we started talking about Datsun Dummies and I wanted to add something.  I split these posts from the "silent but deadly" topic where Ricamundo coined the phrase.

Anyway the infamous Datsun patrol merc near the bus stop and Mike's in Bowa was on his tour and I got him to chase me on the ATV.  I can't remember who had suggested the jump there but I took it off the rocks and smashed into the side of Mike's. Anyway the merc did not follow so I snuck up the hill to see him backing the 'ole Datsun off the road with the front end facing the small trail on the other side of the road.  He was sulking around the car a bit then finally slouched off up the trail.

I snuck and watched through my Dart scope and finally took him and another merc up there out with the 6P9.  I thought, maybe this is the Datsun patrol's "house" and then I thought - I think I just got myself a gig.  I can become the Datsun Dummy Patrol Merc!  I figured if I stayed in the general area they wouldn't respawn (plus I had his Datsun) and I could see what it was like to live in the other guys shoes.  It lasted a bit until my replacement came.  I shot him dead and took off myself.  Anyways, when your driving that route and see the patrol, look closely before you shoot - it might be me!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on May 06, 2009, 06:01:54 PM
I think we've had a couple threads where we started talking about Datsun Dummies and I wanted to add something.  I split these posts from the "silent but deadly" topic where Ricamundo coined the phrase.

Anyway the infamous Datsun patrol merc near the bus stop and Mike's in Bowa was on his tour and I got him to chase me on the ATV.  I can't remember who had suggested the jump there but I took it off the rocks and smashed into the side of Mike's. Anyway the merc did not follow so I snuck up the hill to see him backing the 'ole Datsun off the road with the front end facing the small trail on the other side of the road.  He was sulking around the car a bit then finally slouched off up the trail.

I snuck and watched through my Dart scope and finally took him and another merc up there out with the 6P9.  I thought, maybe this is the Datsun patrol's "house" and then I thought - I think I just got myself a gig.  I can become the Datsun Dummy Patrol Merc!  I figured if I stayed in the general area they wouldn't respawn (plus I had his Datsun) and I could see what it was like to live in the other guys shoes.  It lasted a bit until my replacement came.  I shot him dead and took off myself.  Anyways, when your driving that route and see the patrol, look closely before you shoot - it might be me!

Cool story spaceboy... I believe that there are many more shenanigans we can play on the Datsun dummies

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on May 06, 2009, 06:01:54 PM
Anyways, when your driving that route and see the patrol, look closely before you shoot - it might be me!

I will my friend, I will............. (look, not shoot, I mean)

Talk about immersion or delusion??  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I had a great moment this morning with the assault truck dummies that typically stand around on the straight stretch of road between the armory and the northwest bus stop of Bowa.  My typical routine is to race down the road and run one of them over, letting the remaining one give chase - did the same today, but with a added twist - I repaired my truck when at the armory (Art's tip on maximizing reliability).  After running over one of the mercs, the other gave chase as usual - this time as he raced towards me, I backed into him - his truck started smoking (white).  Repeated this routine until we reached the bus stop where he was so angry he crashed his truck into a concrete barrier and hopped out - I couldn't help but laugh almost waking the wife up.  Another interesting twist: he abandoned his truck and gave chase in the Datsun that is normally parked there!  However, he drove it around the front of the bus stop and wouldn't leave the area no matter how much I enticed him - I guess mercs aren't allowed to steal the Datsun.  He eventually abandoned the Datsun and returned to his truck and gave chase (the truck making the knocking sound).  Laughing, I continued the pattern of backing into him as he came upon me full speed - then for the first time ever, I was able to inflict enough damage to start the black smoke in his truck!  (still no damage to my truck)  His truck exploded and he came running after me down the middle of the road with no hope of catching me of course as I raced away...

retiredgord

What a great routine.  I had limited success once  with a Jeep that was following me.  I stopped he didn't and as I looked back his ride was starting to steam.  I tried backing into him again but he hopped out and started to play unfairly by shooting at me.  I use my M/G do make him a new set of button holes.  Bad Merc.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

funny stories there, especially the merc chasing on foot LOL

I once shot a Liberty Dummy with an AS50, the entire clip, so black smoke emitted from his ride. He got out and walked down the road, his car exploding in the background. He didn't even turn! I then dipped into my car and turned him into a greasy red smear on the track ;)

PZ

This was the first time that I've ever managed to black-smoke the merc vehicle with mine.  I've played this game at every opportunity since I first posted it and have developed the Art of stopping, waiting for the merc to exit, then running further, stopping, waiting... etc.  I rarely take a bullet these days, and thanks to Art's fine description of vehicle degradation, I think I was able to inflict so much damage on the merc's truck.

By the way, I went back down the road, and his buddy had re-spawned without his friend or the truck - he seemed a bit shocked as I ran him over...

spaceboy

excellent story there PZ.  I am surprised the merc couldn't take the datsun.  I've got to try this where there is an ATV - see if the merc jumps on at all - it'd be funny to see one crusing around the armory.  Also try with the unimog.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Thanks spaceboy, I need to get the DLC for the PS3; I still play it more than the PC simply due to the time that I have available, and I miss the ATV and the Unimog.  I also would like to try a wireless mouse on the PS3 to see if I can use it to aim with rather than the PS3 controller (I really dislike the controller now that I've seen how good aiming is with the mouse on the PC)

Art Blade

I practiced PZ's chase game and had my car repaired before that. They all smoke, mine doesn't :) I made them chase after me for quite some time and picked up a patrol to complete the picture  ;D

[smg id=596 align=center width=400]
Picture taken near arms dealer NE of Bowa close to airfield.

PZ

Those poor dummies - never knew that they didn't stand a chance against the super truck...

Art Blade

I've just returned from hunting Datsun Dummies around Marina in Bowa. Then grabbed two more Datsun (bus stop, and towards MS Pipeline the small path to the lake). Happened upon the Assault Truck Patrol (ah, ATP, known acronym), grabbed the one parked near that bus stop and drove up with the one at Mike's. Quite a collection within a small area :)

[smg id=608 align=center width=400]

Ricamundo

LOL! ;D That's a Datsun dealership, if i've ever seen one.

"Come oooooon down te Art's Delectable Datsuns, where you can snare a kinda sorta good as new ( ???) Datsun, and get a free almost hardly ever used Dragonov, or AK!" "They're movin fast, folks, so hurry!!"
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

haha! No, no free weapons. With those we earn money and swat mercs. The free thing is a Quickie's Burger (see Ad in the background)  ;D

retiredgord

Car Dealers speel:  No, no my friend .  those ARE NOT bullet holes...just small holes from stones on these roads.  And no that is NOT blood, someone just spilled the Ketchup when they ate a Quickie Burger in the car. O course they look dirty, all this sand and stuff.  My friend this is the deal of YOUR LIFETIME.  ;D ;D
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

;D

"What? You think there isn't enough fuel in the tank? Don't worry. It'll be good for longer than you live."

PZ

It would be kind of scary to chance upon such a large number of vehicles in FC2 - the first question that comes to mind:  "uh-oh, where are they...  who?  ... where who are?"

Art Blade

<snicker> you knew you'd get me with that line. MUAahahahah!!!  :-X

PZ

hehe... couldn't resist, however that truly was my first reaction when I saw your screen cap! (another example of playing FC2 too much!)

RedRaven

possible ad slogan
"The Datsun, Crap as can be"  or
"The Datsun, Perfect Road-block on wheels (I.E.D's not included)"

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳