Sacred 2 : Fallen Angel

Started by Fiach, June 01, 2009, 05:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

A multi platform release, already out on PC, plus on consoles in the US, it gets a euro release on friday 5th of june.

Anybody else thinking of geting this game?

Its kinda like Diablo but prettier and with a more complex skill system.

I loaded up Sacred 1 today just to roll a seraphim class (as it is the class I will play in sacred 2), just to check it out, three hours later I realise I'm still playing lol! :)

Anyway its a top down (isometric) rpg, about 6 different classes to play, so lots of replay value there. Well thought out skill system and combat arts that make a difference.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

RedRaven

might get it for my kid, he likes those type of game, but i always end up getting bored with them after hour or two, just dont hold my attention/interest like FC2 or Stalker.
if he gets it will get him to do us a review.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Fiach

Coolness :)

Just a fyi, it has a mature rating.

Fiach

OK I got this game yesterday and have mixed feelings about it tbh, although I have been looking forward to it for quite awhile, I'm not sure it was really worth the wait.

The gameplay itself is quite addictive, similar to Diablo, you have a character running around a map killing hordes of monsters, collecting loot and levelling up, so far so good ....

The game has a manual that is very perplexing indeed, its possible to read the manual fully and walk away knowing less about the game than you did before reading it!

This necessitates having to trawl the internet for information on how to actually play the game, which is a big ask in my opinion.

As I have been waiting for the game for quite awhile, I have been hitting these sites, scouring them for information, planning my characters build well in advance, so I kind of have an idea of what I am doing, but people that just bought the game on release day (yesterday), I think will find it tough going.

Even with the best will in the world and an incredible knowledge of the game, a friend of mine who has played it on PC and 360, broke his characters build by accidently placing a point in a skill he didnt want and wound up restarting the game, because ..... the game only allows one save point and auto saves very frequently, so if you make a mistake you are banjaxed!

Anyway, if you can bear with the stringent requirements of its trial and error character building, there is quite a decent game at its core, with lots of different character classes, both good and evil storyline paths, all allowing a significant longevity to the game.

So, bye or buy? Well, I'm happy enough with the purchase and with a bit of care and diligence, I should be able to make a few decent characters and get a few playthroughs out of it, which is good enough I guess. The game looks quite nice graphically too, with some nice wry humour in parts of the game to add some levity to the proceedings.

Fiach : Playing games, so you dont have to!

PZ

Thank you Fiach - very clear and informative - looking forward to further comments.  :-X

Fiach

Took two characters to Lv 30/200+ in this, a Seraphim and a High Elf, the more I played, the more I liked it, its not noob friendly, but once you see a nice "builld" and follow the instructions theres lots of fun to be had.

Each class has lots of little sayings as they fight, my favourite is the High Elf, she sort of sings under her breath "You better not make me angry!" and she comes off like a deranged Mary Poppins, really cool.

I guess its like most good games, simple to play, difficult to master, lots of depth and some really nice spells.

Prototype as of tomorrow, will be dragging me away from this for a bit, but I will definately be back fro more after that, as Batman has been delayed :(

spaceboy

It's funny reading your comments on both threads for this and for Prototype Fiach.  You were expecting to be pulled away but had to come back for more.  That's great to have a game your enjoying so much.  Prototype will be there when you want it, besides you can keep your eyes out for a pricing special.

Enjoy!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Fiach

Yeah was realy weird spaceboy! I went to the shop reached for the box and .... remembered I was very near to gettting my "Class Mount" for my high elf character and figured that would be pretty cool, so went home, never happened to me before lol!

Each class can do a quest for their unique mount (all can have horses), The Seraphim is a saber tooth tiger, the High Elf has a sort of dragon, dunno the size, wont have it for about an hour, the Inquisitor gets a giant Spider, Shadow Warrior gets a hell hound (looks like a scaly gorilla), Temple Guardian gets a weird machine ( they are a tech based class) like a hoverbike, Dryad gets a giant lizard type thing.

They are all pretty cool looking, but I bloody HATE spiders, especially giant ones, so no Inquisitor for me lol! :D

spaceboy

That's happened on used games for me.  I'll be browsing and be like Oh I never played that! That's a good price - but then I'll remember I have a brand NEW game that I haven't finished yet and I can always find this used game on ebay or amazon so why buy now?

However, that said, with FUEL and inFamous fresh at home and loving them I just picked up a used copy of Just Cause for $5 my idea being to prep for Just Cause 2 which comes out later this year...
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Fiach

JC is cool, you will have fun with that one! :)

Fiach

Quote from: spaceboy on June 12, 2009, 09:55:17 AM
I just picked up a used copy of Just Cause for $5 my idea being to prep for Just Cause 2 which comes out later this year...

Well after about 60 hours put into Sacred 2, I'm going to put it to rest now, even though I've hardly scratched the surface, was 60 hours of great fun, but the game is just too huge!, I would never get near another game for a year if I stay with it :(, its handy for a pick up and play boredom buster, so I'll be keeping it I guess :)

Unearthed Just Cause, so that will be fun, preparing for JC 2 :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳