PZ's Watchdogs 2 experiences

Started by PZ, November 28, 2016, 11:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

:-D

Each time I play I like the game more. There is of course the requisite online integration, but this one is with a twist. I normally detest online for a variety of reasons, but this game is a bit different. On the single player map are purple icons that indicate online missions. Just for the sake of curiosity, I looked at one and it specified "1-2 players", which piqued my curiosity because how can you do online with 1 player?

I went into my online preferences in the game and specified only friends - I only have one PS4 friend, my son, so I initiated the mission.  I played it alone, and it was wonderful - just like a single player mission in which I had plenty of time to think about my approach.  I completed the mission very satisfied, and after all, isn't that what the game marketers want - a satisfied gamer?

I still have purposefully avoided any races or challenges, which has me delighted with the game. I'll try them one of these days, but I want to enjoy the positive aspects of the game as long as I can before I blow a gasket with the stupidity of the developers.

The map is small when compared to GTAV, but the detail is amazing. I was in Oakland this morning, and it almost felt like being there, the detail is so rich and unique.

I also purchased a new research perk - APB (acronym for all points bulletin) that allows me to target a person, which will initiate the police arresting the individual.  Quite funny, and I tried it out on one of my contacts for a mission - she was arrested and carted away!

OWGKID

:laugh: Could you still do the mission?  :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yes, that's the part I really appreciated - I could do the mission completely alone.  :-X

I played again this morning on a hacker mission, and got to use the Jumper and Quadcopter. It was great fun, and exactly the kind of gaming I like.

PZ

Did another mission this morning, and it started out just fine, but it was a puzzle/unlock mission which was unfortunately for me, unacceptably tedious so I aborted and I started watching TV.  It was timed to 5 minutes so I felt like always in timed missions - rushed to the point where I could not enjoy the experience. One of the side effects of becoming old is that I have less patience repeating the same lame thing over and over again.

However, I did another mission where I was to hack a computer - it was guarded by many opponents, several of which were capable of calling reinforcements. I targed one and sent in the gang - they killed almost all of then which allowed me to go in to do what I needed.  That one was fun.

OWGKID

I learned the gang/police attack skills today  >:D :-D Also bought one of the fastest super cars (the 360 000$ one) :) I have spent my time collecting stuff/messing around in SF. Did a mission involving tagging various places in the city. Ended up on the Golden Gate  :-D Did you spent any time in your youth in SF, PZ?

Learned the Explosive gadget skills. You have litterally INFINITE explosives, they regenerate over time >:D
LEGACY

PZ

I love using the gang/police on unsuspecting individuals - makes for quite the laugh as someone is carted away by the cops  :laugh:

I like the idea of infinite explosives!  I usually do not even bother with explosives, but if they are so readily available, that's another story altogether.

No, I never lived in northern California, but a decade or so ago I had business there that required a significant number of visits.  However, I never did stray much from Fisherman's Wharf area.  I've traveled through many times on the way north or south so much of my experience with that area is on the highways.  :-()

OWGKID

Nice :) :-X Well, explosives takes some time to regenerate, I don't know how long it takes. I prefer using the gang attack on restricted areas. Creates some very heavy shootouts :-D  The weapons used by the gangs are recycled from WD1 (Goblin, ATSG-12, AK-47, U100 LMG, P-9mm). I may grab the first game just to see how it plays compared to this one.
LEGACY

PZ

There were many negative comments about the first game, but I liked it quite a bit. I actually like the home base in the first game more than the hacker hideout in this game. Although you had to unlock it, it felt more like what you would expect out of the series Person of Interest.

OWGKID

Cool. Well, I pissed off the cops/gangs today and enjoyed some massive shootouts. A skill I have learned is "Highlight people with wealthy bank accounts". Don't remember the exact name, but it does what it says. I wish we could have some takedown related skills (detonate grenades/overheat cellphones) as options rather than random possibilities.

Maybe I should have called the cops/gangs on the Ubisoft guy before I did the actual mission  >:D
Spoiler
He is located at Stanford university
LEGACY

PZ

I like the highlight rich people skill - it was the same in WD1.  :-X

PZ

I managed to get in an hour this morning and went to Oakland (the wrong side of town where gang activity is rampant). Targeting a bully that tried to shove me around, I told the cops that he was a wanted felon, so they came and got him. He resisted of course, and was promptly shot ensuing a police/gang war which was quite interesting to observe.

This is a good open world game where you can experiment to your heart's content.

OWGKID

Yeah, those things never happens in GTA V sadly :( Rockstar could have done so much more to innovate. I would say I see no large difference in how it plays compared to the old GTAs. Switchable protagonists? Good idea, but why is they locked to use in some missions together as a team?
LEGACY

PZ

I did not like having to play as different characters in GTAV - made me feel like a schizophrenic.  8-X

OWGKID

Hmm, I like it. Their abilities make them a little unique.
LEGACY

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:-D

I went to Akatraz this morning just to see if there was anything there, and sure enough, you could thoroughly explore the prison. There were plenty of tourists that had deep pockets, so I naturally robbed them of their excesses. There was also a piece of clothing to pick up so I went there to discover that there were plenty of guards that needed disposing, which I did using the gangs. Afterward, I found research data, cash caches, and photo ops.

It was quite fun exploring the prison, which appeared to be the same as what I see in the movies.

OWGKID

The only game I have played that features Alcatraz would be Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Featuring 4 mobster trapped in a purgatory of the prison ;) Unfortunately, no chance to visit that on our school trip for me  :'(
LEGACY

PZ

Only collectibles and a side mission, but was lots of fun.

OWGKID

LEGACY

PZ

I started the game today, and was back at Alkatraz. I thought I'd completed everything, but an online opportunity appeared to free a Dedsec friend.  This was an online co-op mission, but it specified 1-2 persons, so after starting the mission, you have the opportunity to do it co-op or alone, the latter of which I opted.  What a refreshing experience - I can now do the online missions, but have the opportunity to do them alone, which is what I prefer to do.

So far, the game is still excellent, and I look forward to each time I start it.

Art Blade

fragger

I'm glad you've found a game you can really enjoy, PZ :-X It's becoming a rarer and rarer thing. For all of us I mean, not just you :-()

PZ

Thanks fragger - it seems that the developers are deliberately doing things that annoy gamers, for instance the single save "feature" rather than allowing as many as you like.

OWGKID

Having multiple saves is great, you can have one where everything is complete and another one for a fresh start :) At least the PC version have three save slots for this game ^-^
LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳