FC3: Blood Dragon

Started by Jim di Griz, April 07, 2013, 12:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

True, but the game is 80s style and Reagan was president almost the entire decade (he skipped the first and the last year)  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on March 03, 2014, 04:24:49 PM
..he skipped the first and the last year..

He must have forgotten about them 

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's so long ago I can't remember

Art Blade

There is one anecdote worth remembering about Ronny. At least I'll never forget it:

As a sound check prior to his weekly radio address in August 1984, Reagan made the following joke as a way to test the microphone: "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

:laugh:

PZ

I think he was an actor for a bit too long  :-()

fragger

Binnatics

I gave it another try today. And I must say; this game has something missing. When you explore the world, wherever you are, you see everything as looking trough a hot bathroom. You can't really take a good look around because of that dampy, misty environment full of neon lighting around. That's irritating.
Something else bothers me. The jokes in the game. It seems as if Ubisoft has fired his entire creative team and hired George Bush instead. I'm not really running hot on jokes like "Ain't going to bed before everybody's dead", or "C400 is like C4, with two zeroes". Please, cut the grab and deliver some good gameplay.

Today I started a hunting mission. Some badass cassowaries were about to exterminate human kind and I had to kill their leader with a sniper. That wasn't the problem. I killed the beast plus his friends and found out that for looting animal corpes you only get a few dollars. Too bad. I hoped that the boss-cassowary would carry something special, but when I tried to reach his corpse I saw a blood dragon coming to the scene. He started battling some badguys but right where I wanted to go to loot my animal corpse. Damn.
Not giving up and knowing he wouldn't ho away soon enough, I decided to give it a go and tried to kill the damn monster. That wasn't a really smart move. These beasts are indeed invincible, at least for sniper bullets to head, eyes or other visible body parts. No luck for me and the beast killed me :-\\

In my next assignment I had to blow up a dam using C4000, the newest version of C400. Had to approach the dam in stealth and kill a few "robodogs" that can smell me even when in stealth mode :angel:
Plan was simple; kill every guard and plant explosives to get the dam, thus the power down. When I tried to approach the dam from another side, I got the oh so well known warning; "Leaving mission zone" :D :D so a bit annoyed I rushed the area (not before lowering the difficulty level to easy, because I didn't want to fail on this one) and killed all enemy presence. When reaching the same spot after putting the C4000 in place, I found out that the damn explosives didn't w@&k. What was supposed to be heavy firework was only a tiny buzz. I had to get inside and kill more enemies while protecting an engineer that would do the job for me. The mission turned out to be a sequel to the first, where my fellow technician had to hack the main frame whilst I was shooting the baddies.  :angel:

I fucked up, the engineer got killed. That's where I decided I had enough for today.  ^-^

Here's an example of the mistiness all around in the game:
[smg id=6621]

And the following is a cyber heart that you rip out when looting a cyborg soldier. I haven't found out what these things are useful for except luring Blood Dragons towards enemies so that they will do the killing for you ;)
[smg id=6622]
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Sounds exasperating :-\\

Art Blade

sounds like total bollocks. :-D

Binnatics

exasperating, what a great word :)

But indeed, exasperating it is ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

That environment looks way to abstract for my tastes.  Ubi took the "blood" part of the title way too seriously - don't need to look at the world through blood-filled eyes

Quote from: Binnatics on March 09, 2014, 03:37:20 PM
... It seems as if Ubisoft has fired his entire creative team and hired George Bush instead...

Quote from: George Bush"Read my lips... no new taxes..."

OWGKID

I managed to mod the game last week  >:D Changed ammo prices, XP rewards for collecting things and made most items available from the start  >:D I also tweaked the skills a little bit (You can now heal yourself to full health by doing an emergency heal ^-^)

Wish I had access to the entitylibrary folder so I could tweak the weapons and Colt's walking speed :(
LEGACY

Binnatics

I found this game so utterly stupid... others have had loads of fun with it, because, they said, it had such good humor. I didn't find it funny at all, just plane dumb. I think I completed like 10 percent of the main story, then I left it aside.

I think this game was a prequel to the downfall of the FC franchise :-()

OWGKID

I find the in-game jokes funny ;) :laugh:
LEGACY

fragger

I never got around to that one, I can't see myself getting around to it either :-D

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳