Tricks And Tips

Started by fragger, August 18, 2016, 03:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

well, trading with stacked items is fun. I bought the stuff for a very reasonable price in a spasta some 150 light years away but wouldn't want to sell it there.. so for a proper profit, I returned to my "home" spasta and.. nice.  :-D
[smg id=9176 type=preview align=center caption="I love to trade 2"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Presumably, you can only get those 100/100 slots by salvaging a wrecked ship.

Art Blade

that's the only way I know of.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Speaking of getting interesting loot from sentinels....

[smg id=9189 type=preview align=center caption="20160904213850 1"]

I needed these display-like devices, forgot the name. In my experience, the only ones that drop this type of loot, are the elite sentinels, the ones looking like dogs. I took 3 out here as you can see, and something like 20 regular sentinels in order to get to those elite buggers :-D

And nice list indeed, Art! I first didn't want to take a look at it because I need the experience checking out what's needed for upgrading and getting it from various locations, but after I while I decided to check if stuff like nickel and aluminium was needed, both not very regular materials. Was indeed quite helpful, +1 :-X :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Thank you. :)

In my next post I'll add another list for the stuff not yet mentioned like engine and shield upgrades. Because I need that for myself. As I went to the trouble of getting a new 48-slotter fighter ship, too, and now I need to go through the entire upgrade process again.  :D But at least this time I got plenty of Omegon :laugh:

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

OK, as promised, and some more: I pasted the previous list into the new topic, too, so it's all in one spot. The list is supposed to be expanded, more upgrade lists for different purposes. See link below.

Here's the complete ship upgrade list

fragger

Excellent w@&k on the list Art +1 :-X I thought I'd post this here and not clutter up the list page.

I think I'm going to go for a 48-slotter as well. I don't think I want to do all the trading necessary to make the money to buy one outright, I think I'll take the wreck route. Either way, it's going to be a lengthy and resource-intensive exercise. This list will be a great help.

Only thing is I'm now well out of my start system, which means having to deal with pirates, which leaves me with three options: 1) Hope I can find a planet with enough wrecks, the resources that I'll need and Trading terminals to buy the resources I can't find and stuff like Gravitino Balls so that I won't need to venture into space until I get a fully upgraded ship (highly unlikely that I'll be able to get all the stuff I'll need on one planet); 2) Hang out at the station and trade for hours and hours to get enough money to buy a 48 (but still have to go out and get the resources for all the upgrades), or; 3) Install the anti-pirate mod and be able to travel between planets freely without having to worry about getting killed in space before I can get the weapons and shield upgraded.

Number 3 is probably the least painful option.

Whichever way I go, it will mean parting with the Spruce Goose, which is a drag because I love that big majestic ship :( But after a black hole trip there's no way I could ever find my way back to my start system in the hope of getting a 48-slot version of it (I've never seen anything remotely like it since). Not to mention that I wouldn't want to backtrack that far, even if I could find my way there. But those extra 8 slots would come in mighty handy, especially with no gaps in the slots. I should have wheeled and dealed for a 48-slot Goose before I left my home system, but hindsight and all that.

I'm just going to have to learn to let go, I guess :-()

Out of interest: Has anyone seen what owning a 48-slotter does to the price of another 48-slotter? If you have a 48 and you strip out all the upgrades, I wonder how expensive another 48 would be. Or, will all subsequent ships for sale have one less slot or something, like the Multitool? If I go through wrecks, the 48 I ultimately end up with may be something I'm not crazy about the look of. I guess I could w@&k up to a 47 then keep checking 48 wrecks until I find one I like.

Or I could just continue to muddle through with my beloved but slot-challenged Goose.

Bloody decisions...

Art Blade

Thank you, fragger :)

As far as I can tell, if your ship is completely stripped of upgrades (dismantled), prices will be around 50M

And use the anti-pirate mod until you're back up and ready again

fragger

Yeah, seems like the way to go :-X

Binnatics

I checked price changes while moving from wreck to wreck, and the price of the 48 fighter would remain something like close to 60 million. No matter having 43, 45 or the full 48 slots. For a stripped version of course. So keep in mind you need that money by the time you go for the final upgrade. Having a 44 slotter minimum, Will help appear 48 slot fighters, since usually they Only appear 4 slots bigger than your current ship. That is not always the case though, but seems to w@&k like that in most starsystems.

Art Blade

I think my "50M" should have indeed been "60M" as Binnatics said. I was probably remembering something that wasn't a 48-slot ship. Whatever. You'll see soon enough and can still try to get the remaining millions, remember to use a stacked version of the resonator that you'll be able to pick up from salvaging a ship wreck. Comes in handy if you find only sellers and no buyers.. I had that. I had two stackable resonator units (consider those containers) and put one into my ship and one in my "backpack" (exosuit) so I could stack even more. Trick is to have more than 100 so you can't push one container into the other. :) I then jumped to sell at a nearby system and back. Selling is easy at spasta terminals as you can choose which inventory to sell from, sell 99/100 from the ship and another 99/100 from the backpack and you'll keep your containers  :-D

fragger

I'm currently doing the Atlas path, been to seven of them so far. But I'm holding off on doing the rest until I finish the Gek story, I want to see if completing all three stories makes any kind of difference. Probably not, but it's worth trying.

Dunno if you guys found his out, but when you're inside an Atlas interface, your ship is up on a landing pedestal and all around the pedestal on the surrounding floor are lots of things that look like chrome balls half-embedded in the ground. When you go near one, it lights up, then disappears in a kind of puff of vapor. It's worth going around making them all do that because between about one-third to half of them will yield a new word in the language of whatever race "owns" that system. You can pick up heaps of words quite quickly that way :)

I only found that out because when I land inside an interface, the Goose is so big that I can't walk around it on the pedestal - I have to jump down and go around on the floor, which meant walking past those chrome things, which was when I found they were giving up words.

Art Blade

too late for me but cool discovery  :-X

Binnatics

Yes, I collected all words. Made me into a proper wise guy :-()

Art Blade

I'm well educated in the Vy'keen language and I am doing so-so in Gek, but the Vorlon.. err, not talking to Kosh here... I mean the Korvax, I hardly get more than one word, if at all. So it's like playing the lottery. And if the result is wrong, I NUKE THE PLANET

Binnatics

fragger

I did a lot of those Monolith challenges and got most of them right, which meant that in the process I picked up a lot of Atlas words, must have been at least a hundred. But they didn't help much in the dialogues at the Interfaces - most of the time the only words that got translated were "you" and "destiny" :-() There were a smattering of others, but a good 95% or so of the words were still in "Atlish" and I had a few instances where not a single word would be translated. I could have been looking at rude alien jokes for all I knew :-()

So it seems I picked up a lot of words that are actually never used, since the only times when you see Atlas dialogue are at the interfaces.

Art Blade

I realised that I was taught several words more than once in different alien languages while some of the words used in dialogue or other occasions apparently have never been taught to me.

Dweller_Benthos

I'm putting this here as this topic seems the most appropriate

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/544m9u/fun_facts_about_galaxies_in_no_mans_sky_spoilers/

A very interesting read on how the game is laid out. Also some interesting links off of that as well.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

thanks for saving me from trying to hop from galaxy to galaxy expecting to find something new like the centre of the universe. All rubbish. I'll wait for content updates, instead. :)

Binnatics

:laugh:

That's what I thought. Well, I knew it wouldn't bring you anything, all those new galaxies. If there still was a centre of the universe to discover, delivering something interesting or rewarding, they would've given us a hint.  8)

Dweller_Benthos

Another little tidbit I saw on Reddit, don't know if you guys knew this already, don't recall seeing it here, and since everyone else is pretty much done with the game, might not be as much help, but I've tested this and it works. When you go to an Atlas Interface system, you can reset the Atlas station by going to one of the planets and exploring for a bit, then go back to the station. Depending on how long you stay away, either the whole station will reset or just the Atlas thing itself. So, I went back to the station, got a new bunch of words from the glowing floor things, two more warp canisters, and another Atlas stone. Went down to the last planet in the system, explored a bit, went back to the station, and just the Atlas had reset, but I got another stone out of it, so four stones from the first two Atlas stations I visited. I'm now in an Anomaly system, so I'm going to go back and visit those two guys and see if they reset as well. I got the code for the level one atlas pass, but I'm far enough that everything needs level two now. Hopefully I can get him to give me level two and I can get on with it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Binnatics

I knew about the resetting in those Atlas interfaces, but not that also the stones would reset. I only knew about the words on the floor and the warp cells. THat is nice to know for anyone not having followed the atlas yet, because I went out to trade to buy those 4 last stones that I sold earlier in the game when I didn't know I needed 10 to birth a new star.
I got my second Atlas pass from a regular on-planet situation, not from an anomaly, but I've heard that others got their first one from a regular situation instead of from an anomaly. Might be completely random. Until now I never got the third Atlas pass, but as Art mentioned before, it's not really worth it. There's just more plants, hence carbon and multitool upgrade stations to be found. Nothing to go crazy about actually.

Art Blade

same with pass v2. you don't need it. I had so hoped to find wonders what behind those doors on or in those crates.. might as well call them junk pass v 1-3

I didn't know anything about resetting the Atlas and all that, cheers  :-X :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳