No Man's Sky - Screen captures

Started by PZ, August 17, 2016, 10:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

floating installation ???
[smg id=9035 type=preview align=center caption="floating installation"]

This one I had to excavate with grenades.. ??? you can see the craters.
[smg id=9036 type=preview align=center caption="dug-in installation"]

... ????
[smg id=9037 type=preview align=center caption="stereo signal"]

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Nice ones, haven't had to excavate a building yet, but I have blasted my way out of a cave when I didn't feel like walking all the back. Just walk as close to your ship marker as you can and blast up at a 45° angle.

Anyway, came across this screen, which explains the sentinels a little more. From what I'd seen on the other info displays, that the sentinels have been around a very long time, even the ancient alien races fought them and didn't have much success. This bit of info explains that they were trying to figure them out a long time ago.

[smg id=9040 type=preview align=center]

And this bugger almost killed me. I had to take the screen shot from the info display as I couldn't get anywhere near her to take a screenshot in the wild. I would get attacked instantly, and for a lot of damage. I was down to an empty health bar and one health marker when I gave up and launched out of there.

[smg id=9041 type=preview align=center]

Oh, if anyone wants the mods I installed for the display improvements, they are on the nomansskymods.com site, and are really simple to install. Let me know and I can get the names of them.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

nice :-D

I thought this looked cool. The two "lances" to the left are just rock formations, nothing to mine.
[smg id=9043 type=preview align=center caption="sculptures 2"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

The aliens' back stories are quite interesting. It seems that the Vy'keen fought against the Sentinels, because the Sentinels stood in the way of their lust for conquest, but the Korvax embraced the Sentinels for their science and knowledge and learned from them. The Korvax say that the Sentinels were created by the Atlas to protect and preserve all wildlife in the galaxy, or words to that effect. So this is why they don't mind you mining minerals, but will attack you if they see you lasering down plants and animals. They're just doing their job.

The Korvax are the scientific race, The Vy'keen are the militaristic race and the Gek are the mercantile race. The attitude of each race towards the Sentinels is coloured by how the Sentinels have impacted or affected their respective ways of life.

Dweller_Benthos

Ah, cool, thanks Fragger, I haven't had much contact with anyone but the Vy'keen yet. Thing is, there are a lot of things that just look like rocks that get the sentinels mad when you mine them, they are even listed as a mineral thing when you scan them, as most living plants & animals have scientific, Latin-style names. You'd think you could bust up a small rock with less trouble than a giant pillar of emerald, but no. Here's a youtube video that lists that and some other things that make no sense. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lelOcFZX5I

And now, the new ship. Found this one crashed and it had one more slot so I grabbed it. Had to walk two days to get the heridium needed to repair it, getting chased by one of those critters I posted about above along the way, but got it fixed and flying around with it now. Thing is, when you exit the ship, you are ejected out the front of the cockpit over nothing, and if you're on a hill or over a cliff, you just fall down and take damage if it's far enough. My last two ships ejected you out onto the wing or fuselage where you'd stand until you walked off, so this one is a bit inconvenient in that way, but it was cheap-ish and will do for now. Seems I'm not going to hang on to any ship for very long anyway, so I don't get attached.

[smg id=9044 type=preview align=center]
D_B

mandru

I stumbled upon this NMS video loop of one of the life forms.  It gave me a good case of the giggles.

http://imgur.com/gallery/MubpLlW

Spoiler
It's a stumpy legged, bat eared, teddy bear, and I suspect it's gotta be Pikachu's nasty 2nd cousin IBiteAtChu.  :laugh:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

At least you see that thing when those long ears come at you even if the body is hidden in tall grass. :-D

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Dweller_Benthos

OK, No Man's Sky, go home, you're drunk:

https://fat.gfycat.com/PowerlessFlawedAmericanquarterhorse.webm

Not sure if the forum can display wemb videos or not, but click the link that is too funny.
D_B

Art Blade

mandru

D-B, that was funny.  :laugh:

If I had been the one to discover that critter I'm not sure whether I'd have called it a Tomatgo or a Tri-2 Catsup (pronounced catch-up).  :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

The latest ship, one I found crashed and repaired to upgrade to one more slot. Didn't take a screeny of the one before this, as it was the same model as one of the previous ones I've had, the long skinny tube ship. This one is fast and maneuvers quickly, not like the slow lumbering thing I had in the previous screenshot above.

[smg id=9051 type=preview align=center]

And, bonus, no more taking fall damage when I get out like the other ship, as the cockpit is closer to the ground, and you exit and stand on the nose on this ship. But I will probably trade up to any new ship that has another slot. I like finding them crashed and repairing them, over just buying them outright, has more of an adventure vibe to it. And you get the thrill of finding out after you've transferred to the new ship that you don't have enough zinc to repair it and have to go walking to look for it.
D_B

fragger

Funky looking ship there, D_B 8) Any chance of a cockpit screenie? I'd like to see what it looks like from inside. I haven't seen a canopy like that before. There is a similar design that reminds me of a football helmet but he ships they're on have never had what I was after in terms of slots, so I never bought.

Art Blade

funky?  :-D

I get to see ships like that but not exactly like that. Here the wings look different. They remind me of a nose-diving fighter jet. The cockpit view is nice, quite similar to the redeemed one or the one that I had before my freighter.

Binnatics

It reminds me of a canary, actually. But it does look cool and agile :)
And its name reminds me of African soccer players :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

fragger

There's a similar design I see where instead of wing-like things sticking out the sides, there'll be something like a wing sticking straight up on one side and a big sphere with a glowing purple light in the front of it on the other. Asymmetrical, it looks weird.

Dweller_Benthos

I'll grab a screenshot of the inside next chance I get. But for now, yes, I landed on top of a tree:

[smg id=9054 type=preview align=center]

Might have something to do with the low flight mod, or maybe that I was tapping the landing key a bunch of times, to get as close to the place as possible. I destroyed the tree from underneath it and it just floated there.
D_B

Art Blade

Binnatics

Wow, great landing :) :-X

Looks like a fallen angel somehow ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Here I can kick back and relax. ^-^
[smg id=9056 type=preview align=center caption="relaxing on the moon"]

PZ

fragger

Wonderful screenie Art, beautifully timed and composed :-X That's a nice little world you have there!

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, how do you manage to take screen shots with no HUD in them? I constantly have those pop-up hints about the hyperdrive or some other annoying crap in the corner.

Case in point: Fragger's request for a cockpit view of that last ship I had, with hyperdrive hint.

[smg id=9066 type=preview align=center]

While at boost:

[smg id=9067 type=preview align=center]

Not that it matters, as this is the new ship, fancy:

[smg id=9068 type=preview align=center]

I've been exploring the frozen planet in this system, and guess what? Giant crystals of nickel, which up to now I've only seen in asteroids:

[smg id=9069 type=preview align=center]

Here's a shot while flying, you can see the size of these things (on crater rim) compared to a crystal of heridium, which seem to be about the same size everywhere. About twice or three times as big. I drained the energy from my mining laser twice chopping one down, and they are all over this planet. No shortage of nickel now.

[smg id=9070 type=preview align=center]
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳