No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 11, 2016, 01:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

some people are so rich that they can dump prices. Pun intended. :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Many ppl mentioned the summer and holiday as an effect to raise prices "because all the middle men go out and drive large distances spending their extra holiday savings". I personally don't believe that that's true. 50% of oil and gass consumption is gone during summertime because all factories AND forensic traffic is belly up. So there's no high demand that will raise price. It's just what ppl make out of it trying to understand the most tricky market there is.

I think you're close to the truth mmosu, stating that it's probably a conflict between oil producing bandits in the middle east. Or maybe the oil producing bandit calling itself the USA has a piece of the pie :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mmosu

I just can't imagine being so rich and powerful that I can affect the world economy on a whim or as an unintended side effect of taking jabs at someone else.

Art Blade

neither can I.

Erm, I didn't mean I couldn't imagine you being that rich (although indeed, I can't imagine that, either) but me being that rich. I mean not as rich as you (which doesn't mean that I can't imagine you being rich) but being as rich as those guys you can't imagine being as rich. Not them as you but you as them.

Damn, this is getting complicated now. :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Too early in the morning for me :-()

Imagine what will happen when fossil fuels start to run out in about thirty years or so. Then will get interesting then :-\\

nexor

In SA petrol is also sold by the litre, at this moment we pay ZAR12.44 p/l for 93 octane which is about $3.00 USD p/g
and ZAR12.74 for 95 octane which is about $3.09 USD p/g
Diesel is ZAR10.58 which is about $2.56 USD p/g
The petroleum price is adjusted once a month

PZ

Quote from: fragger on May 26, 2016, 03:36:00 PM

Imagine what will happen when fossil fuels start to run out in about thirty years or so. Then will get interesting then :-\\

Of course I'm a pessimist when it comes to human nature, but I suspect that the alternative fuel sources will "magically" appear once fossil fuels disappear.  The money hungry assholes of today will not give up their profits on fossil fuels as long as they are available.

Art Blade

I think you're right, PZ :)

Oh and I like it when you talk dirty  :laugh:

Binnatics

Quote from: fragger on May 26, 2016, 03:36:00 PM

Mad Max :-() :-() :-D ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

Quote from: nexor on May 26, 2016, 10:52:39 PM
In SA petrol is also sold by the litre, at this moment we pay ZAR12.44 p/l for 93 octane which is about $3.00 USD p/g
and ZAR12.74 for 95 octane which is about $3.09 USD p/g
Diesel is ZAR10.58 which is about $2.56 USD p/g
The petroleum price is adjusted once a month

What sort of transfer rate are you using Nex? If I insert that into google transfer calculator I come to totally different amounts. I think I'd like to live in SA when it comes to diesel power :-D

Oh and btw; in Holland the prices change every day. Once a month is quite an amount of control by the state, I suppose?

nexor

The way I worked it is, 1 us gallon is 3.78541 Litre at ZAR 12.44 per Litre that makes it
ZAR 47.09 for 1 us gallon, ZAR 1.00 is $0.064, which means ZAR 47.09 is $3.00

Binnatics

mmosu

Quote from: Art Blade on May 26, 2016, 01:24:59 PM
neither can I.

Erm, I didn't mean I couldn't imagine you being that rich (although indeed, I can't imagine that, either) but me being that rich. I mean not as rich as you (which doesn't mean that I can't imagine you being rich) but being as rich as those guys you can't imagine being as rich. Not them as you but you as them.

Damn, this is getting complicated now. :-()

That was awesome  :-X :laugh:
I'm hopeful that the forces of capitalism will force alternative fuel cars to the forefront long before the oil supply runs low. You want to gut terrorism? Fund technology that breaks the Middle East economic grip on the industrialized world - when the money runs out, well, guess they'll have to go back to being goat farmers. Sorry if that's not politically correct, but it's the way I see it.

Oh, also some bad on-topic news:  The rumors that started swirling earlier this week have been confirmed - No Man's Sky has been delayed until August.

Art Blade

Quote from: mmosu on May 29, 2016, 08:40:02 AMThat was awesome  :-X :laugh:

:laugh: I'm happy that you enjoyed it, it was tailored specifically for you  ^-^

PZ

No surprise on the delay. In fact, the only surprise would be a game that actually released on time  8-X

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: mmosu on May 29, 2016, 08:40:02 AM
Oh, also some bad on-topic news:  The rumors that started swirling earlier this week have been confirmed - No Man's Sky has been delayed until August.

I'm actually not too sad about that, as I still have a ton of stuff to do in fallout 4 before I get distracted by NMS.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

better late and playing a finished game than early and rendered a paying beta tester.

PZ

That's quite true.  Release on time would only give me an excuse to quit playing even earlier than I already do.  8-X

mmosu

Quote from: Art Blade on May 31, 2016, 10:02:31 AM
better late and playing a finished game than early and rendered a paying beta tester.

I completely agree. Destiny had issues like this at release. It was clear during vanilla that the game had been pushed to release too fast and there were definitely issues. The "paid beta" complaints were heavily thrown around. Luckily after four expansions the game has changed quite a bit for the better, and it's not only headed in the right direction now, but there's still a loyal hardcore community playing it a year and a half in.
My problem now is that NMS was going to fit nicely in during the summer lull in Destiny before the Rise of Iron expansion hits in September. Now the timing is all wrong (for me) and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it. Guess my Saturday night raid group is just going to have to be understanding when I have to blow them off to explore the next planet  :-D

Art Blade

Quote from: mmosu on May 31, 2016, 05:31:53 PMis just going to have to be understanding

lovely.  :-X :laugh:

fragger

They'll understand, mmosu. Or they'll get into NMS themselves and come looking for you :-()

I'd like to see them try to find you...

mmosu

One of them already is, and we've been talking about it quite a bit over the last couple months.  :-X

The interesting thing is that the two games are very different - NMS seems like it's going to be a very zen solo experience, while Destiny is highly social and collaborative by nature

PZ

I like zen solo - reminds me of FC2  ^-^

fragger

:-D :-X

Isn't "zen solo" Han's little brother?

Art Blade

hehe, and "zen ith" was their big brother  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳