Xmas special

Started by Art Blade, December 24, 2015, 04:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

[smg id=8386 type=preview align=center caption="Lowrider in the Snow"]

[smg id=8387 type=preview align=center caption="Paige in Wonderland"]

[smg id=8388 type=preview align=center caption="No wonder Keith got the shivers"]

[smg id=8389 type=preview align=center caption="Snowy Road in the Night"]

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Nice... I wish I could develop interest in the game - it has most of the elements of what I like in a game, the open world nature, the beautiful graphics, but there is something that simply does not capture my interest and I don't know why.  Maybe because I grew up in the big cities of southern California (San Diego and Los Angeles area), but the big city and crime hits too close to home, and exceeds the boundaries of my comfort level.

Art Blade

for us over here it's almost as familiar as a Mars colony. No problem to "play a game" over there :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - maybe that's why I like games that are set in other countries, Africa, Europe, South America, etc.

Art Blade

Maybe that's why I like the Sci-Fi genre quite a bit.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Quote from: PZ on January 02, 2016, 10:07:56 AM
Nice... I wish I could develop interest in the game - it has most of the elements of what I like in a game, the open world nature, the beautiful graphics, but there is something that simply does not capture my interest and I don't know why.  Maybe because I grew up in the big cities of southern California (San Diego and Los Angeles area), but the big city and crime hits too close to home, and exceeds the boundaries of my comfort level.

I also think you are right. The fact that the whole San Andreas setting is pretty far from my backyard makes the problems so not mine, and the dreams so real. If the whole game was set in Amsterdam, with its local drugs lords and weapons and people smugglers I wouldn't feel so comfortable with it at all. It would indeed remind me too much of stuff I have to deal with in real life that I didn't choose for.  ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

yep.. I wouldn't like it either to play a GTA game that took place in my very own city or any nearby areas.

Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳