Using Grill Grates, SRG wok, and pizza oven for outdoor fun

Started by PZ, June 02, 2014, 09:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Chicken drums seasoned with John Henry's on Grill Grates - great sear, and no hot spots
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Diced chicken breast in a screamin' hot wok - makes very tender chicken - same John Henry's Texas Chicken Tickler

Friends were helping with building pizzas

First pizza - chicken from the wok, Alfredo sauce, grilled asparagus, feta, Provolone, mozzarella

We also made an interesting pork topping - about a pound of pork loin we freshly ground and mixed with butt rub, then seared in the wok - very flavorful.  Used this to top a mac-and-cheese pizza

Then into the gazebo to enjoy the food and the Indy 500 recording
Yellow jackets and white face are awful this year, and had to eat within the netting enclosure.

Art Blade

I'd have a go at the chicken pizza, looks fantastic  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Really looks great!

I like a little (Okay, a lot of) fresh crushed or coarse ground black pepper with my Alfredo sauce.  There's something about the synergy that occurs between hot dairy products and black pepper that I find irresistible.

And a wee bit of extra bite from a measured bit of added blue cheese or Stilton with homemade Mac and Cheese knocks it straight out of the ball park for me.  Yum!  ^-^
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Thanks, gents  ^-^

Great idea on the Stilton, mandru - I need to remember that for the next time.  I like a bit of bite in my mac-and-cheese  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳