First person mode

Started by PZ, April 14, 2015, 04:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I don't think the social club application has anything, but I was wondering the same and found this:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/203432607-How-to-backup-GTA-V-PC-files-

Binnatics

Good find PZ! I'd say go for Steam. Most of us have the Steam version. I haven't had trouble with it at all so far ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I read somewhere that copying the game folder even works for the Steam version - supposed to be way faster than the Steam backup/restore utility.

Here's a thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/31evbf/transferring_gta_v_files_to_friends_pc/

If I would have known this I would have purchased the Steam version and brought a thumb to w@&k to do the same thing D_B plans

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks for the info guys, I'll probably go the steam route when the time comes.

As far as copying the folder vs using the steam backup, that might not be as fast. Steam backup compiles and compresses the files into DVD (or CD if you choose) sized pieces. It's always a lot faster to copy one archive file of say 1GB in size than 10,000 smaller files totaling 1GB in size. Plus if there are any files larger than the ~4GB limit of FAT 32 (the file system a lot of thumb drives use) then you are stuck with a file too big for your thumb drive unless you re-format it to NTFS or some other system that can support larger files. If the thumb drive can support that file system, that is.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I think you're going to like the game, D_B.  :) There are sticky bombs and even sticky proximity mines to throw at stuff.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Binnatics

Yes D_B, and don't forget the video editor, where you can record game experiences and then edit the stuff you recorded as if you are a real-time movie producer, giving you the freedom to do whatever you want with the footage, from changing view to adding effect layers or slowing time. Great past-time once you get bored (if you ever get bored) of the Single player game ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

D_B.. something for you to whet your appetite  :-D

Difference between 3rd person..
[smg id=7876 type=preview align=center caption="Crap Rangoon goes in"]
[smg id=7877 type=preview align=center caption="and out again"]

..and 1st person. :laugh:
[smg id=7878 type=preview align=center caption="Crap Rangoon 1st person"]

OWGKID

LEGACY

Binnatics

That scene is hillarious :-X :laugh:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, eventually, I'm finally making my way through the last bits of FC4
D_B

PZ

Ironically I'll be headed back into FC4 likely once all you chaps are done with the game.  Only waiting for bargain basement prices for the PC version, and of course, any mods that may be available.

Art Blade

[smg id=7879 type=preview align=center caption="goddamn bikers"]

I'm through with the main story missions. On my "way out" I raced through a horde of bikers, one of which I ran over properly and he went over the car with his bike. And then I kept hearing gunfire in my back and neither speeding up nor slowing down stopped that ruckus. So I stopped the car on the highway to take a look what the F was going on back there and found that goddamn biker who was somehow stuck (probably after I ran him over he landed on the trunk or some such) and he was kind of glued to the car. Of course, he kept shooting. So I put an end to that nonsense.

PZ

Binnatics

Art Blade

I keep chuckling when I see that pic with the dead biker :)

Stiku

Dweller_Benthos

Achievement get!

[smg id=7972]

Pretty much the only time I go third person is when I'm hooking on to a car with the tow truck or to see while using cover. A few times I've gone to 3rd person to see how a wheelie looks on a bike or something.
D_B

Art Blade

Binnatics

Well done D_B! Took me about 200 in-game hours to get it :-D

PZ

lol, I don't think anyone in the world would beat D_B at in-game first person play time  :-()

Dweller_Benthos

Nope, too bad there isn't a total in game timer in that list, just what you've played as each character.
D_B

Binnatics

I found out that First person playing can be a lot harder than 3rd person. The lack of some overview at the scene and the car-moving added to your aiming view makes it really challenging all together.

Me and Uzi just completed all heists in FP view. Art assisted us on some of them, and might deal with the rest of them himself some other day. Anyway, one thing is for sure; he's an excellent FP pilot :-X 8)
Thanx to Arts efforts we managed to pull off the most difficult heist finale, the Prison Break.

That was the last mission for me to complete the Different perspective award:
[smg id=8050]

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳