Lets see...

Started by PZ, April 13, 2015, 03:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiku

There is a yellow circle on the ground what triggers the mission, though if you get too close to it, it will also trigger.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I saw the circle marking on the ground for that first Chop mission, it was out by the sidewalk, so I tried to slide past the edge of the bushes and into the house, but apparently the actual trigger for the mission is much larger than the marker on the ground. Several attempts from different directions, staying as far away from the marker as possible, failed, and as soon as I walked around the front of the house, no matter where I was, triggered the mission. Dang house needs a back door. Well, it has one, it just needs to allow you in, maybe they lost the key and it's permanently locked?

I don't recall seeing any kind of marker on the map or the ground for that first tow truck mission. I was just walking down the street and all of a sudden this chick is going on about some guy and needing help and I'm like what?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Tonya, talking Franklin into filling in for her crack-addicted friend JB who can't go to w@&k.. those lovely tow truck missions :)
[smg id=7954 type=preview align=center caption="Tonya"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

You'd think she could drive her own truck

Binnatics

The Tow truck missions are horrible.  :-D

D_B, I think the game wants to get you going at the start. They want you to experience the possibilities and thus kind of trick you into mission play. It's only at the startup. Later on, you will be able to choose to go for a mission by going to the indicated letters like Art told.
It's good to get going with the first missions, the game gets pretty intense very fast. I remember the first editions of GTA would always get you started with just your fists, a baseball bat if you were lucky and only after the first few missions you would get a gun. In this game, you can go shooting and are in the middle of the action from the start. The 'strangers and freaks' missions (random weird characters shown as question marks on the map) will help you get going with the different basics, like base jumping, tow trucking, shooting pictures, hunting etc. etc.

Have fun, D_B, I hope the game won't hold you off for being a bit twitchy. It is due to being a 3rd person game by nature. The movement is somewhat limited by the fact that they need to manouver the body in certain ways that it looks realistic. It's something you get used to :)

I agree on the runn9ing inside houses, really unnecessary :-\\
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

if you switch to 3rd person inside houses, you can run. ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, it was just a little off-putting that just randomly walking around would trigger a mission. I saw them on the mini-map but didn't want to do them just yet, but had no choice, I suppose for some things that's unavoidable, but a little warning would have been nice. I did the mission to the rich guy's house (I don't and probably never will remember their names, so I just think of them as the black guy, the rich guy etc) and his mission marker is out in the driveway, and easily avoided, so that first one where you get the dog must be one of those where they thought it wouldn't be obvious enough to a new player I guess.

That mission to sneak into the rich guy's house to get the SUV was pretty fun, the most enjoyable one yet. I failed a few times trying to figure out how to knock out the gardener until I realized I was coming from the wrong direction, but it turned out decent enough.

Did encounter something strange, as the rich guy, walking around after beating up the shifty car dealer (that was fun also) I was just strolling up the sidewalk past a big building under construction when a security guard there had a problem with me standing on the sidewalk. I did nothing but stand there and he walks out and hits me, causing me to get one star of wantedness (or whatever they are called) and the cops started harassing me until they finally cornered me and shot me. I mean huh? Walking on the sidewalk is a crime?
D_B

Art Blade

:-D

You must have ignored the guard's first warning. Everyone gives you a warning first. In that case you seem to have been on the border of a site you weren't allowed and he got a bit nervous because he thought you were trespassing.

Most of the time you get into a brawl it will earn you a one-star wanted level.

Art Blade

[smg id=7955 type=preview align=center caption="Trevor's new ride"]

Art Blade

actually cool for hill climbing :-D
[smg id=7956 type=preview align=center caption="Trevor's ride offroad"]

PZ

That's a cool vehicle - is it mission specific or can you find one?

OWGKID

You can buy it from Warstock ;) It is called the Dubsta 6x6 :-D
LEGACY

PZ

Good that you can purchase it, but I'd rather have stolen it  >:D

Stealing vehicles is quite fun, as is evading the cops high speed on the highways

Art Blade

I haven't yet seen a few of the existing vehicles like the 6x6 on the streets so I suspect that those can only be bought. Then again, there are quite a few rare vehicles that cannot be purchased but instead can be found in some not so obvious places or occasionally driving around in the streets. You can tell those by usually race-car-like appearances such as high level spoilers and/or really eye-catching paint jobs.

Here a few that can be found and in these pics they all look the way I found them:
[smg id=7957 type=preview align=center caption="rare cars 01"]
[smg id=7958 type=preview align=center caption="rare cars 02"]
[smg id=7959 type=preview align=center caption="rare cars 03"]
[smg id=7960 type=preview align=center caption="rare cars 04"]
[smg id=7961 type=preview align=center caption="rare cars 05"]
[smg id=7962 type=preview align=center caption="rare cars 06"]
[smg id=7963 type=preview align=center caption="rare cars 07"]

PZ

Nice finds, AB!  :-X

OWGKID

Quote from: PZ on May 07, 2015, 01:36:18 PM
Good that you can purchase it, but I'd rather have stolen it  >:D

Stealing vehicles is quite fun, as is evading the cops high speed on the highways

:laugh: :laugh: >:D >:D
LEGACY

Art Blade

cheers :)

I have to add that some of the vehicles shown above can found without tuning in the streets and you can then tune them so they look like the ones above. A few can also be bought. But there are some that are just really rare like the following ones :-D

[smg id=7964 type=preview align=center caption="rare cars 08"]
[smg id=7965 type=preview align=center caption="rare cars 09"]

Binnatics

Nice cars indeed. I didn't like the handling much of that 6x6 offroad car. I tried pimpin the rebel instead, but that car also has its flaws. It isn't really fast. When it comes to best offroad vehicles I'd go for Trevor's own ride, and the BF Injection. Both not eyecatching, but with the best handling and speed.  8)

D_B, I got a tip the other day concerning FPS mode that might interest you; in the settings menu under camera there's an option to stop the head-bobling (or something similar) which will make the camera a lot more stable while walking. Give it a try ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

The wealth of different vehicles in the game is really good.  :-X

Stiku

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Just like that, this appears.

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on May 07, 2015, 09:48:01 AM
:-D

You must have ignored the guard's first warning. Everyone gives you a warning first. In that case you seem to have been on the border of a site you weren't allowed and he got a bit nervous because he thought you were trespassing.

Most of the time you get into a brawl it will earn you a one-star wanted level.

I heard him warn me, but I was literally on the public sidewalk, and just walking past. Once I heard him say something, I wasn't sure he was talking to me because I was so far away, but he walked right out to me on the sidewalk and popped me one, which gave me a wanted star, and then several police cars descended and took me out. Just for walking on the sidewalk. I never threw a punch. Other times I've greeted someone quite nicely with "Hey, how ya doing?" and they get all hostile about it. People need an attitude adjustment.

Quote from: Binnatics on May 08, 2015, 05:12:32 AM
D_B, I got a tip the other day concerning FPS mode that might interest you; in the settings menu under camera there's an option to stop the head-bobling (or something similar) which will make the camera a lot more stable while walking. Give it a try ;)

Thanks Binn, I might look into that, I usually like to have head bobbing on, to let me know I'm walking and not just floating along, but this game seems to have it cranked to 11, so maybe turning it off would be better. Though it still would be mushy I think.

Trying to get my gamepad to w@&k with it, as I tried to fly a plane last night with the keyboard and that was no fun.
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 08, 2015, 08:26:38 AM
... then several police cars descended and took me out. Just for walking on the sidewalk. I never threw a punch...

I think Rockstar is trying to make the game as realistic as possible  8-X

Art Blade

Binnatics

Quote from: PZ on May 08, 2015, 01:53:57 PM
I think Rockstar is trying to make the game as realistic as possible  8-X

:laugh:

Dweller_Benthos

Another spot that got me in trouble, down by the waterfront, I was cruising around in a jet ski and saw a big building with large openings where you could dock a large ship for repairs. Went to check it out and instantly had four wanted stars and every cop in the city was out for me, in helicopters, boats, etc. I outran them for a while, got to a power station intake on the coast and hid under the giant water pipes, with choppers circling overhead taking shots at me. Managed to pop a couple guys on foot while I tried to hide, but eventually one of the choppers got in a place where they could see me and took me down.

Some kind of warning would be nice. Even a restricted area sign along the water's edge or something. Sheesh.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳