Justice is blind, stupidity is just plain dumb

Started by fragger, February 07, 2015, 03:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Too much to say on the subject.  Lawyers creating laws to protect lawyers.  Schools are teaching children to disassociate from their parents and What to think instead of How to think.  Recently thought crimes have become punishable here in the U.S..

Especially if a thought is too true and spoken aloud in opposition to those in power.  :(

I'm coming to the opinion that stupidity is really not part of the equation anymore.

My concern is that we are witnessing an orchestrated international initiative to reduce us all into near 3rd world status stripping away any remaining vestige of rights we currently hold and there will be no place left avoid its arrival when it comes.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

mandru

I came across this.  I'm unable to verify the content and this looked like the best thread to toss this out on since we were discussing governments, laws, and the rings in our noses they use to lead us around . 

http://imgur.com/gallery/cLjThfW

I mentioned "Laws to protect lawyers" and now this looks like "Laws to protect crimes."
- mandru

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I haven't heard anything about this, but it wouldn't surprise me. This current government is about the worst we've ever had IMO, led by a man who almost destroyed the health system when he was the minister for it in a previous government: Tony Abbott, a man with the eloquence of Robbie the Robot, the reliability of a second-hand Edsel and the charisma of a soggy dishcloth. I don't think he's actually dumb, but he doesn't come across as a particularly bright bulb. Dumb or not, I wouldn't believe one word that came out of that character's mouth. He was around in politics for quite a while before he became PM and he's always been smarmy and inept.

For some time in this country there's been a problem with large numbers of illegal immigrants and asylum-seekers trying to get into Australia from Indonesia via dilapidated old boats operated by people-smugglers. Before the last election, the good Mr. Abbott promised that he would "stop the boats" if his party were voted in. Nothing was said about how exactly he would stop the boats, only that he would, and apparently the fools who voted him in believed it (I can only conclude that my memory must be longer than most peoples'). This promise was one of Abbott's campaign biggies.

Well, they won the election and guess what? They did stop the boats - after enforcing a complete media black-out around the operation so nobody would know how they were stopping the boats. Recently an accusation was made that the navy was in fact paying off the people-smugglers at sea to take their refugees back to wherever they came from. This is unsubstantiated, but the patently artless evasiveness with which the PM tried to deflect the questions about it only confirmed for me that there's something to it ("I have every confidence in our navy to take the appropriate action" was what Abbott kept repeating when confronted about it - nothing like an affronted "Of course not!" or some other vehement denial had the accusation been false). He would trot out the same ambiguous comments over and over, obviously hoping to stall for time until some other newsworthy event took place to shift the media's attention away from him and his stonewalling.

I'd say that the reason for these new laws - if they exist - is to prevent people from finding out how the gov has lied about its asylum-seeker policy and the shocking extent to which the situation has deteriorated inside the refugee processing centres. There's an election coming up soon.

They're politicians and their Golden Rule is "Say anything, do anything, lie about anything, and get rid of whoever you need to, to preserve your own skin".

mandru

The political Golden Rule is pretty universal.

!. Those who have the gold makes the rules

2. CYA (cover your a$$)
- mandru

PZ

Indeed, but not just political administration - administration of all kinds at all levels

Tags:
🡱 🡳