How to series: House cleaning (Port Selao, Bowa)

Started by Art Blade, April 28, 2009, 03:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Today I had the opportunity to kill both leaders of the opposing factions. The first leader was easy, he waited with an associate in TaeMoKo Mine for me. When I shot Vorhees, his associate asked me not to kill him and told me I could waltz into Port Selao and finish off the other leader. Joaquín Carbonell was in his HQ and all shades were open.

There are various ways to finish him off.

1) In the centre of Selao, opposite of the church, you'll find a blue house with a ladder leaned against the wall. Climb it, and take out Carbonell with a sniper rifle (or a rocket launcher).

2) Climb the bell tower of the church and shoot from above.

3) Stuff some IEDs and blow the place up

4) Lob a handgrenade into the office from down the street.

All the above mentioned tactics are dangerous since you have to escape town from right in the middle and every merc in town breathing down your neck...

5) Easy come, easy go:

[smg id=199]

Enter Port Selao from the east with your Carl G Rocket Launcher. There is an escape car already waiting (so that's why they put it there...)

[smg id=200]

Walk up the slope and position yourself so you can see the target (the open left window of the HQ that is)

[smg id=201]

Fire, wait, laugh, escape. Leave in peace and quiet, rather ;D

[smg id=202]

Enjoy.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Huh, I didn't know you could keep one of those guys alive, I just chopped them all with the machete, no need to waste bullets. So, I never got the mission to go kill the guy in town. I'm at the point where I'm about to enter the prison, so that's the end of act II. Maybe I'll go back to those save games and try it out.

Can you kill the guy in the mine once he gives you the mission to kill the guy in town? I don't like leaving loose ends :-)

How about the two guys up in Sepoko - either of those guys give you a mission if you let them live?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Having completed the above mentioned mission: The guy in the mine... I really should go back and take a look if he's nuts enough to keep waiting for me. Then I'd be happy to pop his nut ;D As you guessed, you can't get the first mission if you kill the second guy right then and there. Killing him only completes the regular mission.

There is indeed a part 2 in house cleaning... In Sepoko are again two guys. Let one live and he assigns you the next mission in Selao. Only this time there is no fun involved -- you have to enter the HQ (Bouncer lets you keep your weapons) and you cannot leave the building until that Walton Purefoy character is dead.

Let me add that I tried to bomb the building to kill Purefoy from the outside.. impossible. It's a shame, really.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Oh, that's what he was on about the Purefoy, I had no idea what he was talking about. I thought he meant the other guy in the shack with him. Like, "Kill that guy on the other side of the room, not me"

I will definitely load my old save game and go back and do those. I was getting too close to the end too fast anyway  ;D
D_B

Art Blade

JRD

Great tips Art...
May I suggest you place posts like this one and the "sniper Dogon Village" in the "Raid the area" series?
Just a suggestion. Feel free to post them where you think it fits best.
I do two kinds of "Raid" posts. One where I just describe ways to raid an area and other where I get a writer taking control of me (a lame writer, in fact) and describing it like a diary.
When in specific missions, I like to place them in the "Journal entry" series. D_B was the first to create articles like that and we got carried away
Just for pure fun, of course...
It was a nice idea of PZ to have a dedicated section for us to place posts like this, and will be cool to have people adding more to the series ;)
Again... just a suggestion...  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Excellent idea JRD, and don't forget the potential of a full article - that way it is front and center whenever anyone needs tips on how to do things.

Art Blade

Actually I didn't find a better place, since the house cleaning actually is a mission. The dogon sniper guide... no idea where to put that, my idea was to put it into missions since quite a couple of missions lead through or to dogon. I would have sought for both in "missions" if I had needed info around that.

Thanks for your thoughts - feel free to move those topics and change them into what you see fit. It's fine with me  :-X

JRD

That's how I imagine things...
A "Raid" article is a generic way to approach any area of the world and should fit into any mission... kind of a recipe for slaughter ;D
A "journal entry" is how I did a particular mission and can be written as a story (hence the title ;))
Of course, these are just suggestions... anybody can do it as they want to. I don't follow those as post rules myself, but now that I put it in words, I might use it from now on.....
I also want to acknowledge D_B as the precursor of those articles... maybe he never intended to make it a full series, but it is quite funny indeed... and if I can do it with my macarroni English, than anybody can... just keep it funny ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

Went back and replayed the last missions, this time taking on the mission in the towns. Did the first one easy enough with the dart rifle at night from the church tower. Didn't even have to fire a shot afterwards, just climbed down the ladder, walked out the hole in the fence to my waiting jeep and drove to the bus station. They never even found me.

The other mission was more of a let down, I just walked in and chopped him with the machete. Walked out of the building and drove off, not exchanging fire with anyone. I think as I left town, a few shots pinged into my jeep, but not enough to worry about.
D_B

Art Blade

Good that you pointed out that there is another way than the ones mentioned above: Silent and at night.

When I said every other way was dangerous, then that was referring to daylight approaches. As far as I know, there is only one way in broad daylight to get away unharmed :)

Dweller_Benthos

That's why I did it at night, saw your informative post and decided I didn't want much of  fight. The only thing that would have been better was to time it to happen during a rainstorm, lol. Thing I don't like is that the mercs know instantly when the guy is dead, even if you're super ninja stealthy - what, do they have life monitors on these guys?

The second guy who I machete'd should have not raised any alarm at all, he died without a sound. Maybe that's why it was pretty easy to walk out of town, they didn't really know what was going on or who was doing it I suppose. Maybe next time I'll try an IED in his lap and then get as far outside town as possible before detonating.
D_B

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 29, 2009, 11:53:55 AMThe second guy [...] Maybe next time I'll try an IED in his lap and then get as far outside town as possible before detonating.

you can't leave the house until he's dead. I tried that too, plastered the place with all IEDs I had, only to find out I was locked up with him and them. Detonated it anyway  ;D

Aeris

Poor, Poor Purefoy, my Homeland 37 gave him that "change of look" he wanted so much, when the shell hit his face, I said "You are Homeland.", and then..., there was no Purefoy no more, but only Mr. Buckshot, his office's walls covered in the dirtbag's blood.

Made a swift and fairly injury-less escape on the Jeep Liberty I had set on the path that leads to the Bus Station near Port Selao, roll'd on the Fishing Boat anchored on the shore of the Bus Station and took off to Sehlakalase.

Then, I took a quick nap in the island's cabin, had plenty of time to heal whatever injuries I may have got back on my escape from Port Selao, the horizon looked promising for whatever adventures were awaiting for me.

PZ

Good post Aeris  :-X
I love reading about other's adventures - can almost place myself in the position myself...

Dweller_Benthos

ahhh, too bad about planting IEDs on the guy, that would be sweet.
D_B

Aeris

Quote from: PZ on April 30, 2009, 08:09:29 AM
Good post Aeris  :-X
I love reading about other's adventures - can almost place myself in the position myself...
Thanks. :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳