Best Far Cry Game is Far Cry 2

Started by TheStranger, January 20, 2015, 11:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Yep, too much, too aggressive, too frustrating... but hey, there is that ignore player cheat..  ^-^
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

nexor

These devs don't have a clue about wildlife, these animals behavior is far from what is seen in these games, not even in FarCry2

Art Blade

yes, I stated that somewhere else before -- they'd much rather avoid contact and flee and only few might get a bit nasty when cornered or provoked.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

When I commented on the overkill of animals I also had in mind you earlier post about the way animals are treated in the game; I remember you said you hunt as a sport, and you eat what you shoot. In FC4 you hunt for fun and leave piles of corpses.

I've thought about that issue in open world games before. GTA never had many animals in the game, and I've never seen a child. I thought they wanted to prevent happy hunters to become cruel slaughterers and that's why they never put these things into a game.
Killing zebras in FC2 was only fun once or twice, they were indeed pure decoration. Now they're given a prominent role in the game, making (young) players practice their cruelty on them.

Maybe I'm just a sore old ba$t@rd :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

buy some chickens and blow them up, it will help you ease your mind. >:D

PZ

I also find the wimpy sounds of disgust with every corpse Ajay scalps grates on my nerves.  After all, when you've killed a hundred animals, why would you whimper the same as you did with the first.

OWGKID

What annoys me with FC2 is the long driving between points and respawning checkpoints. Still, one of the best open-world FPS games  :-() :-() :-D :-D

LEGACY

PZ

The long drives annoyed lots of gamers, and I must admit that it does get a bit old driving the same route repeatedly.  Ubi learned the lesson and developed fast travel systems, which I appreciate.

I don't mind the outpost respawn when playing a modded game - the vehicles allow you to outrun the Royal Army on many occasions.

OWGKID

Yeah, I liked the fast travel ability in both FC3 ad 4. If Ubi ever released OFFICIAL mod tools, I'd like to make the safe houses in FC2 to be used as fast travel points, a better file structure (similar to FC3) for easy modding and attachments for the FC2 weapons. Maybe make the game run the Dunia Engine 2 used in Far Cry 4  :-() :-()
LEGACY

nexor

I'm surprised that none of the animal protection organizations have lodged a complaint with UBI for promoting the killing of animals for financial gain in their games

OWGKID

I'd like to say that would be hilarious  :laugh: :laugh: I have no problem with digital animals being slaughtered. There are also hunting sims available. The animal protection organisations probably don't want to embarrass themselves by flipping over digitaly rendered animals in video games  :-() :-() :-()
LEGACY

Art Blade

hehe, then there would also have to be human rights organisations going ballistic with regards to the body count we keep racking up killing mercs and civilians :-D Or the introduction of a driving licence before going in (how many people and animals have you run over with any given vehicle in those games..?)  :-()

fragger

Quote from: GKID7891 on January 29, 2015, 12:50:32 PM
The animal protection organisations probably don't want to embarrass themselves by flipping over digitaly rendered animals in video games  :-() :-() :-()

Maybe they did, but Ubi employed the same response technique that they use for their customers' support requests - just ignore 'em :angel:

nexor

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳