Dec 2014 FC3 Uplay Update Blues

Started by mandru, December 10, 2014, 11:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

As long as we keep shoving smart or powerful and popular people into leadership instead of selecting wise people who can listen as well as make good choices, things will  become very frightening indeed.

The push towards a One World mentality point of view is possibly the most horrible future I can think of.  That mindset kills all independent thought and eliminates even criminalizes leaps of intuition that our species is known for.  All hope will be lost if a single governing body is allowed to define criminal thought that will harm the world collective.

Borders are absolutely essential.  Each country is a test lab of how they approach common issues.

I am able to look at other countries and how they have attempted to solve the issues that plague their citizens.   When it becomes obvious that their solutions have become so off balance away from serving their people's needs to the point that they are harming more than helping it illuminates that their choices are to be avoided at all costs.

Tyranny no matter how secure and comfortable leads to death of innovation and the human spirit.  Every good story has conflicts and a main character who has to find their own solutions.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

Quote from: mandru on December 13, 2014, 08:27:16 AM
Every good story has conflicts and a main character who has to find their own solutions.

:-X :) That is an excellent parallel to the discussion. You are right, we need perspective and if we can not relate our situation to something else due to the world being one big union, all creativity will be doomed. I wish we'd find a way to truly travel the universe. It would bring solutions to almost anything. We could just expand  ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

..and bring back incurable new diseases  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: PZ on December 13, 2014, 07:17:05 AM
I don't know - I have very little faith in humanity.  Collectively as a species, I believe we are too stupid to make the proper decisions

[smg id=7487]

Actually, the whole sentence is:
QuoteWe are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.
- Stephen Howkings
But that image fits your mood better.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Binnatics

Besides understanding the universe, we can express our feelings. I think art will lead the way to the future :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on December 14, 2014, 08:25:36 AM
Besides understanding the universe, we can express our feelings. I think art will lead the way to the future :)

Indeed.  I've been in a particularly bad mood these days with a particular pessimistic mood, and OWG members have been tolerant of my rants, which is greatly appreciated.  :-()

Art Blade

"Art" is spelled with a capital A. :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 14, 2014, 04:50:07 PM

Indeed, else art is nothing more than a good painting, a popular statue, or a melodic piece, etc.

fragger

:-D

We're always here to "listen" when you want to get stuff off your chest, PZ :) A good rant can really help.

PZ

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on December 14, 2014, 04:50:07 PM

^-^

QuoteIf you lead-the-way, lead-the-way
lead-the-way, lead-the-away...I will follow
;)

Art Blade

^-^

Quote from: fragger on December 14, 2014, 10:15:22 PMWe're always here to "listen" when you want to get stuff off your chest, PZ :) A good rant can really help.

Aye  :-X :)

mandru

- mandru

PZ

It sure is nice to be on this forum with you gents.  I know we've said it dozens of times, but nowhere else do I find a group of people more tolerant and respectful of each other's points of view - and that is even with the differences in world cultures.

Thoughtful intelligence really does overcome all differences.

Of course, what does that thought tell us about our political leaders.  8-X

Art Blade

..that different political leaders overcome any thoughtful intelligence?  :-()

PZ

mandru

;)

And here's some good news.

I've edited the first post of this thread to reflect that command line edits have been restored with the update I encountered this morning 12-16-2014 while checking my reported FC3 grievance.

*even though mandru has broken into his happy dance it's probably best there's not an emoticon for that*
- mandru

JRD

Sounds like good news!  :-X

Hopefully FC4 will allow mods to be used and help both nexor and fragger get through FC4 soon and enjoy the sandbox aspect of the game.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

That is indeed great news, mandru  :-X

Too bad they don't have cheats for the console versions - I'd definitely get the game.  As it s, I'd need a new rig to play FC4, and I don't know if I'm ready to take that plunge just yet.

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on December 16, 2014, 08:16:36 AM
..that different political leaders overcome any thoughtful intelligence?  :-()

More like political leaders struggle to attain any thoughtful intelligence :-()

mandru

I believe most political leaders (what I would call scheming snakes  ::) ) demonstrate a near perfect vacuum of thoughtful intelligence.

As things stand now the chance that anything helpful to benefit the citizenry they represent will ever come out of most them is a coin flip between slim and none.  And I suspect most politicians have pulled slim off the table because it doesn't line their pockets.

Hell, if they could figure out a way to track it they'd tax coin flips.
- mandru

Binnatics

nexor

Quote from: JRD on December 16, 2014, 09:58:17 AM
Hopefully FC4 will allow mods to be used and help both nexor and fragger get through FC4 soon and enjoy the sandbox aspect of the game.
I've been looking all over JRD, I get the impression very few boffins has gone through the game at this stage, either that or they to disgusted to want to mod it. 
As I recall, there weren't much for FC3 anyway    :-(

Art Blade

FC3 had a couple of MASSIVE mods going. I was really impressed and basically they made a new game out of it, new weapon stats, almost no HUD, no flashing stuff, no markers..  with certain mods, it was almost as pure as FC2.

PZ

I might need to change my mod(s) I have a good one (can't remember which one) that has lots of features, one of which was especially dear to me - the southern map is open from the beginning.  I like that because I can go down and get better weapons right from the start.

Do you have a link to the mods, AB?

Tags:
🡱 🡳